ImageImageImageImage

Game #11 Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards 11/15 7PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,518

Re: Game #11 Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards 11/15 7PM E 

Post#501 » by SOUL » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:01 am

tiderulz wrote:
SOUL wrote:dipo played well though. 1st half he sucked (most of our team did) but finished really well.

he's gonna be shot happy since he can drive and has a decent jumper. sorry. him and vuc are gonna have the most attempts most nights (tobias too) with frye added in if hes feeling in.

maybe im wrong, but his jumper isnt that decent. I remember it being pretty bad last year.

eh, passable. not broken tho.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#502 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 am

SOUL wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
SOUL wrote:dipo played well though. 1st half he sucked (most of our team did) but finished really well.

he's gonna be shot happy since he can drive and has a decent jumper. sorry. him and vuc are gonna have the most attempts most nights (tobias too) with frye added in if hes feeling in.

maybe im wrong, but his jumper isnt that decent. I remember it being pretty bad last year.

eh, passable. not broken tho.

no, not broken, just not very good. something he could definitely improve versus learning a new stroke, etc
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Post#503 » by otownflava21 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:03 am

I cant wait until Kyle O'quinn comes back smh :nonono:
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#504 » by Neon1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:03 am

tiderulz wrote:

Yeah as bad as he shot tonight, it was at a better clip then he shot all of last year. Super low efficiency on offense. He was +26% tonight from last years .418.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,739

Post#505 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:06 am

This board is all over the place... :lol:

I'm gonna go on a hunch and say Frye was out there as long as he was because Washington did an excellent job building a wall in the paint and stopping our drives. Needed a big to space out that defense somewhat and draw one of them out of the paint. He did just that for the most part.

Could he have played AG more? Absolutely but Washington is a very good team and we were right there. We are getting better. Let's hope we can get a good win against Detroit on Monday.

I will say hopefully JV will have some more trust for his bench and when Kyle gets healthy, we will see Frye used more efficiently.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#506 » by tooler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:06 am

tiderulz wrote:no, not broken, just not very good. something he could definitely improve versus learning a new stroke, etc

Well, that was the idea. He probably spent all offseason working on it.

Then he got hit in the eye socket by Dewayne Dedmon.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#507 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:13 am

tooler wrote:
tiderulz wrote:no, not broken, just not very good. something he could definitely improve versus learning a new stroke, etc

didnt look that improved in SL
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#508 » by OrlandO » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:14 am

Aside from not playing in a long time, I wonder if the mask is bothering dipo at all... he will say it's no big deal, but it's gotta be annoying and he takes it off every chance he gets.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#509 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 am

tiderulz wrote:
tooler wrote:

didnt look that improved in SL

No it didnt but that doesnt change the fact that he is still playing out of position at the 1. Desperately need elfrid to develop a bit and turn into our starting pg.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#510 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:16 am

OrlandO wrote:Aside from not playing in a long time, I wonder if the mask is bothering dipo at all... he will say it's no big deal, but it's gotta be annoying and he takes it off every chance he gets.

Pretty **** excuse if you ask me.
belly
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#511 » by belly » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:18 am

Bensational wrote:
belly wrote:
SOUL wrote:it's not frye's fault he was out there banged up playing 42 minutes on a b2b when aaron gordon was effective though. thats on JV.

Aaron on Nene?

Aaron on Humphries. did you see how much he stuck to Hump and made him fight to get open in his limited minutes?

the kid is a defensive prodigy.

I see. Although it would be nice to see, I don't think this game boils down to neutralizing Humphries. It's just a testament to how many "weapons" the Wizards have. Humphries went off because their starters didn't have to. If is wasn't him, it'd be Porter, Pierce, or as we saw earlier, Butler. Wall didn't even have to do any heavy lifting. And not only that, Washington's defense was brutal. We've seen Founier, Payton, and Dipo get to the rim way too easy--and they're capable of making things happen from there, but not tonight. I'm sure you disagree but just to be clear, I'm not saying that I want to see Frye out there, I'm only saying that after ever game, win or lose, there will be some of us who'll bet their lives that playing Player X instead of Player Y, and playing Player B with Player C would've won the game. I was so hoping he'd put Dipo and Payton in at the same time. Not because I need to see them, but because I was curious to see if there would be a following fan "adjustment" if that particular lineup wasn't successful.

Btw, do you know the lineup that brought it back to within two? Honest question...I'd like to know but I'm too lazy and don't care enough to look myself. :oops:
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#512 » by pogiro » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 am

Oooooo, that's a stretch. At least you say he sucked in the 1st half, but the rest of the guys were mainly non-factors with how Dipo played 1st half.

I'm not saying that's what he'll always do, but tonight, that's what he did. 2nd half he settled down and played much better, but I still think his PG skills are rudimentary in comparison to Elfrid. Yea, he's a solid scoring threat which Eflrid lacks, and that is a problem. But just the fact he took everyone else out of the game was pretty horrible. He can drive, he can shoot, but believe it or not, we have other guys that can do that, too. No one needs to be playing hero ball on this team. No one on this team has the ability to pull off that type of play consistently, and we have weapons to go to that should lead to nice opportunities pretty consistently if the ball is moving. Vic definitely made a nice adjustment in the 2nd half. But I still think Payton's the way to go.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#513 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:25 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Aside from not playing in a long time, I wonder if the mask is bothering dipo at all... he will say it's no big deal, but it's gotta be annoying and he takes it off every chance he gets.

I'm sure it would be a great excuse if it were Tobias though :lol:

How about we just cut all of our players the same slack and stop playing favourites?
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#514 » by Def Swami » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:26 am

A. Gordon walked out in a walking boot.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#515 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:27 am

Def Swami wrote:A. Gordon walked out in a walking boot.

Whatttt? Fk meee
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#516 » by pogiro » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:34 am

Def Swami wrote:A. Gordon walked out in a walking boot.

Wut? When'd that happen?
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#517 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:

I'm sure it would be a great excuse if it were Tobias though :lol:

How about we just cut all of our players the same slack and stop playing favourites?

It most definitely would not be a good excuse for tobias or anyone in the nba for that matter. These are professional athletes who are paid millions of dollars to play basketball. They can leave their excuses at the door.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#518 » by Def Swami » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/533821876486029312[/tweet]
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,518

Post#519 » by SOUL » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 am

facck
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#520 » by Neon1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 am

Well that explains why AG wasn't getting burn.... #StoopidJacque
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah

Return to Orlando Magic