ImageImageImageImage

Magic(4-7) vs. Pistons(3-7)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Re: Magic(4-7) vs. Pistons(3-7) 

Post#701 » by Bensational » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:21 am

NEM wrote:I've thought this for a while, but now I feel like posting it. Whoever says any of the following, should not be taken seriously:

-Tobias can't defend
-Tobias can't shoot
-Tobias is a low % shooter
-Tobias doesn't deserve vuc money

Yall know who you are.

We definitely have our big 3 in Vuc, Tobias, and Dipo with a couple of GREAT role players surrounding them and it seems like we are putting it all together on the fly. Everyone fits so well together. Fournier is perfect next to Oladipo because Oladipo sometimes has a hard time with ball pressure and forces things so having a 2 that can handle the ball and create off the dribble has been huge. Tobias fits because he doesn't usually force anything and can get you a bucket whenever you need it. Frye fits because he stretches the floor for everyone else to be able to drive. He makes basketball easy out there for these guys, though I wish he played better man defense and rebounded more. Vuc fits because his skill set is unique. He can post up and can kill you that way, but you should also guard him out to the 3 point line because if you don't he can kill you from there. Another problem he creates for defenses is that if you play him too tight or you cut him off at an angle, he will find the shooters and cutters because of his court vision and passing ability. Finally, our bench could use some work, but ridnour has been great for us and Payton and gordon are still developing. Oquinn is also still out so that will help when he's back.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have said this since the draft and the trade of afflalo and release of Jameer, this is a playoff team.

Tobias is doing an awesome job of earning his big pay day.

But if our big 3 are Vuc, Tobias and Oladipo, then I still feel like I want to see one of them transcend to a higher level. I'd like one of them to be a 20-25ppg player who can score the ball when the team really needs it. Harris showed that exact kind of presence against Detroit, let's hope he keeps growing.

I'm also not ruling out one of Payton/Gordon jumping up in the pecking order and joining the ranks of a big 4, or possibly big 5 :o

locking in for 4 years of Vuc and Harris is fine. Fournier is up for extension in 2016. Dipo 2017. Gordon & Payton 2018. IF we want to pursue a big FA (Durant is the only one I can think of as worthwhile right now), we'll still have room that year.
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#702 » by claudio-br » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:48 am

guys, Tobias Harris is an amazing player, I love that guy.

however, I'm not a homer and I acknowledge that he still has a lot of room for improvement. he's only 22 years old, it's his 4th season in the league.

chill out when someone points out any weakness in his game

and, of course, those saying he is worthless are trolls

peace
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#703 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:31 am

NEM wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
flying_mollusk wrote:
Well said. The problem is that too many people are so damn impatient. Another problem is that they use numbers selectively to justify their own personal biases. We have talent, and we have to let that talent develop over time. Two of our better players have hit their third year bump, and that is showing now.
In other words, dont express your opinion on Harris in an online message board unless you think he's GOAT, or people on the interwebs who don't really matter in life won't take you seriously.

Well, Tobias is still a mediocore defender and I dont give a **** what anyone says, 5 steals in one game doesn't change that. His fg% has been crap, he still cant shoot the 3 ball, and hes still not worth a max contract. Certainly the strong defensive outing is welcomed but its just that a defensive outing.

If Payton hits 5 threes in a game does that mean we can't call him a bad shooter?

As usual the Harris crowd is out in full force and trying to suppress any and all unsavory opinions.
How will we all survive if YOU don't take us seriously. OH NOEZ!!! :roll:

12/30 for 40% is no longer considered a good 3 point shooter I guess. Also, I was alluding to Tobias' outplaying the oppositions 3 on a consistent basis, or AT LEAST holding them to poor shooting numbers, not the 5 steals. Racking up steals and blocks doesn't make you a good defender. Staying in front of your man, not buying the fakes, cutting off passing/driving lanes make you a good defender.

Thanks for your 2 cents magic_fan101, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: lol his percentages are garbage..... LMAO you sound like a clown bro... 47% fg, 40% 3s, 78% ft are garbage... Again, thanks for the input bro, i needed the laugh this gloomy Tuesday morning.

Well you are a clown "bro" telling people they can expect not to be taken seriously for posting they're opinon just because you don't agree with it like you matter.

I didn't say Harris is shooting like garbage, but nice try deflecting your comment trying to supress the very thing that makes this a message board. if you had the ability to read you'd see that I said his fg% has been crap. He's obviously been picking it up lately, but that wasn't the point which of course you missed.

I don't need a defenition of defense from the likes of you, but thanks for bringing up the things Tobias doesn't do consistently outside of favorable matchups (ie: slow footed players, post up SF's.) There's no lack of effort or desire but again nobody has implied that.

Anyone in here feel free to post whatever they want good or bad about any player. Nobody in here is any more or less knowleagable than the next guy. Next time you need a laugh come back and read your stupid comment then put yourself in a **** corner.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#704 » by MellowRose » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:35 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
NEM wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:In other words, dont express your opinion on Harris in an online message board unless you think he's GOAT, or people on the interwebs who don't really matter in life won't take you seriously.

Well, Tobias is still a mediocore defender and I dont give a **** what anyone says, 5 steals in one game doesn't change that. His fg% has been crap, he still cant shoot the 3 ball, and hes still not worth a max contract. Certainly the strong defensive outing is welcomed but its just that a defensive outing.

If Payton hits 5 threes in a game does that mean we can't call him a bad shooter?

As usual the Harris crowd is out in full force and trying to suppress any and all unsavory opinions.

12/30 for 40% is no longer considered a good 3 point shooter I guess. Also, I was alluding to Tobias' outplaying the oppositions 3 on a consistent basis, or AT LEAST holding them to poor shooting numbers, not the 5 steals. Racking up steals and blocks doesn't make you a good defender. Staying in front of your man, not buying the fakes, cutting off passing/driving lanes make you a good defender.

Thanks for your 2 cents magic_fan101, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: lol his percentages are garbage..... LMAO you sound like a clown bro... 47% fg, 40% 3s, 78% ft are garbage... Again, thanks for the input bro, i needed the laugh this gloomy Tuesday morning.

Well you are a clown "bro" telling people they can expect not to be taken seriously for posting they're opinon just because you don't agree with it like you matter.

I didn't say Harris is shooting like garbage, but nice try deflecting your comment trying to supress the very thing that makes this a message board. if you had the ability to read you'd see that I said his fg% has been crap. He's obviously been picking it up lately, but that wasn't the point which of course you missed.

I don't need a defenition of defense from the likes of you, but thanks for bringing up the things Tobias doesn't do consistently outside of favorable matchups (ie: slow footed players, post up SF's.) There's no lack of effort or desire but again nobody has implied that.

Anyone in here feel free to post whatever they want good or bad about any player. Nobody in here is any more or less knowleagable than the next guy. Next time you need a laugh come back and read your stupid comment then put yourself in a **** corner.

Soemething is definitely burning in this bitch.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#705 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 am

tiderulz wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:In other words, dont express your opinion on Harris in an online message board unless you think he's GOAT, or people on the interwebs who don't really matter in life won't take you seriously.

so Harris cant shoot the 3 ball, even though he is shooting it at 38% this year and closed out the last 3 months last year at 37%.

His FG% is crap, yet it is right there with Lebron, and better than Gay, Deng, Ariza, Green, Joe Johnson, Parsons, Melo.

And very few people at all say he is worth a max contract. not sure why your panties are in a bunch

It's not about the **** shooting percentage. It's the fact that some no name tried to tell people that wouldn't be taken seriously if they had differing opinions of a player. I have a feeling if it was anyone else there would be an uproar.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#706 » by tooler » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 am

eyriq wrote:Image

I've disabled signatures on this forum, but I still think about this one frequently. Brilliant.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#707 » by tooler » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 am

See you soon, rookies!
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Post#708 » by Driguez » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 am

tooler wrote:Image

See you soon, rookies!

It is a threaderal offense defacing signatures, sir.

"We all we got"- SVG

Return to Orlando Magic