ImageImageImageImage

dwight Howard Being Investigated for Child Abuse: D

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Re: dwight Howard Being Investigated for Child Abuse: D 

Post#21 » by InFlames » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Wait........wait............wait..............wait...............Dwight has kids?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,185

Post#22 » by cedric76 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:21 pm

InFlames wrote:Wait........wait............wait..............wait...............Dwight has kids?

Yeap and be nominated few time for father of the year

a great ROLE model
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#23 » by shadrock » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:08 pm

As JJ Redick once said, "i would be more surprised when Dwight starts taking responsibility".
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by shadrock » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 pm

But its all ok, because he puts on mickey mouse ears and smiles and is so happy and sings in press conferences. Ahh god dammit sometimes i wish i was 7ft tall so i could kick dwights ass, and then give him a whoopin with my belt.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#25 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:In the NFL, players get suspended for a year. In the NBA, they don't miss a game. NBA is more about the benjamins while the NFL is concerned with Image.

+1

Meanwhile multiple wife beaters still suit up every week in the NFL. It's not about image, it's about due process. I'm sure Dwight will miss time if this ever makes it to a courtroom.

It's about damage control and public relations. The NFL is in the spotlight and they have to react because of public pressure. If this story blows up, the NBA will likely have to take a stance, either allow the players due process and allow them to keep playing while risking public outrage, or suspend the player until the court matter is settled.

It also IMO depends how credible the accusation is. The league can't just say "Oh this person filed a suit? Sorry, you're suspended." They need to wait until at least some kind of evidence comes to light, otherwise you open the door to foul play.

It's a sticky situation, that's for sure.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#26 » by MitchellUK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 pm

This is obviously a lightening rod subject right now, not least because of what has just happened with Adrien Peterson. As a father of two boys (although one of them is still only a couple of months old, so nowhere near the discipline stage), I look at it like this:

Some levels of physical punishment should be an option for parents. I've given my oldest son an smack on the backside/thigh/hand when he's overstepped his limits (i.e he's doing something he's already been told not to or has already received a verbal punishment or time-out for). However, we're talking a 1/4 effort, open-hand slap, never to the head or face. Something that he will feel but won't cause any lasting damage. If Dwight took a belt to his kid while saying "it's how I was brought up, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it", I don't know what to say, other than a 6'11, 270lb man should realize he doesn't need a weapon to send a physical message to a 6-year-old, and if charges and brought and it's proven he did it, he deserves any punishment that comes to him.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#27 » by in-limbo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Lets not lose sight of the fact that a belt is a belt and a buckle isn't a belt. :crazy: If he hit the kid with the buckle he's probably gonna find some trouble over it and rightfully so. How stupid do you have to be, I'm not against physical punishment but this seems to have gone beyond that. At the same, baby mama #1 is a bit of a bitch.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#28 » by crazytown » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 pm

I hope he never wins a ring...
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#29 » by londoncollin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BFuspizMKQ[/youtube]
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#30 » by Gerhalt11 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 am

shadrock wrote:As JJ Redick once said, "i would be more surprised when Dwight starts taking responsibility".

Did JJ really say that? Link?
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by shadrock » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:
shadrock wrote:As JJ Redick once said, "i would be more surprised when Dwight starts taking responsibility".

Did JJ really say that? Link?

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/ ... ity/178025
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#32 » by claudio-br » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 am

Adam Silver suspends Jeff Taylor 24 games for his role in a domestic violence case.

well, I guess that if Dwight really did something to the kid, he will be punished by the league
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#33 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:05 am

Max Power wrote:Well this thread went over like gangbusters, lol. My view of it is that it's an attempted cash grab by the ex girlfriend. Give Dwight a big enough headache and he'll write a check to make it go away. From the reports, he hit the kid with a belt, I mean really? Weren't we all? That's not child abuse and DCF Florida saw nothing to indicate abuse, so she filed in Georgia. It's total crap.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
This is what's wrong with our country.
people see nothing wrong with a 6'10 280 pound man hitting his child with a weapon. it's funny how people always say "oh well i turned out well" statistically this is false, the fact of the matter is dwight/adrian peterson are alot stronger than the average person they should not be using weapons to discipline their kids
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,185

Post#34 » by cedric76 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 pm

The more upsetting is that this guy rarely see his kid

If you see your kid only twice a month, the least you can do is trying to have great time with him and not beat the crap out of him.

there is plenty dads out there fighting to see their kids more often (due to child custody), i m one of them, i can tell you that it makes me sick hearing what mister D12 is doing. SICK
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Return to Orlando Magic