ImageImageImageImage

Game #15 Miami Heat at Orlando Magic 11/22 7PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Re: Game #15 Miami Heat at Orlando Magic 11/22 7PM ET 

Post#701 » by pogiro » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 am

OrlandO wrote:cleveland and bk lost, so we're still the 8th seed. shame because we would be the 6th seed if we beat miami.

Haha. Are we really looking at playoff seeding 15 games into the season? :lol:

Yehhh, I am too. I mainly wanna get to .500 though.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#702 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 am

pogiro wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Please people. We wouldn't have even been in the game if it weren't for Willie Green's veteran savvy, smarts, experience and leadership. It was all clearly on display tonight. Like when the ball was sailing out of bounds off a Heat player and he decided to jump up and tap it out of bounds. You just don't get those kinds of veteran plays from rookies.

Were you saying this last night? heh

I was before he went crazy and started hitting shots. But lightning doesn't often strike twice in the same spot.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#703 » by OrlandO » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:53 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Everyone was hitting Vic in the face tonight. Everyone.

Is there a timetable on when he can take the mask off or is he stuck with it for the rest of the season?
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,633

Post#704 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Everyone was hitting Vic in the face tonight. Everyone.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRyncDtbe8w[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjgGqAiOjfc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVbcKPWvNP8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgmDl92IgSE[/youtube]

Fournier's interviews are awesome. You can tell he hasn't been coached. :)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#705 » by pogiro » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:59 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
pogiro wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Please people. We wouldn't have even been in the game if it weren't for Willie Green's veteran savvy, smarts, experience and leadership. It was all clearly on display tonight. Like when the ball was sailing out of bounds off a Heat player and he decided to jump up and tap it out of bounds. You just don't get those kinds of veteran plays from rookies.

Were you saying this last night? heh

I was before he went crazy and started hitting shots. But lightning doesn't often strike twice in the same spot.

Fair enough. I do like having Green on this team though. But Gordon kinda makes him redundant. Wouldn't mind them combining for a decent chunk of minutes, unless someone has a hot hand then increase it. But yea, Green didnt' do **** to stay on the floor tonight. I kinda feel Jacque forgot he was out there. Understandable with how invisible he was.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#706 » by Bensational » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:38 am

Zmill wrote:
Bensational wrote:i hate Channing Frye. he's that veteran signing that's going to take burn away from guys who are more deserving just because he's a veteran and we've committed money to him. he's the most useless defender i've seen, and his 3pt shooting doesn't do anywhere near enough to offset it.

Yeah man.. I was skeptical about the Frye signing at first but I am trying to give it a chance due to Phoenix's advanced offensive stats last season. But wow he really brings nothing to the table outside of 3 point shooting. Not sure if he is still learning the defensive rotations (not that there is much to learn :lol:) but his defense is putrid. Not to mention he takes time away from young players like you stated

I'm going to get flamed for this... and I know he isn't having the best season right now.. but I think Josh McRoberts may be a better fit for this team. Sure you're losing out on Frye's superior 3 point shooting but Frye brings passing + athleticism and while he is not a strong defender he still shows some toughness. He has some sweet hair too

All in all, this was a frustrating game. Willie Green though :lol:

I think this was a case of advanced stats sucking people in to believe Frye is better than he is. To be fair, we haven't used him the way Phoenix used him at all. But we also don't have Dragic, Bledsoe or Gerald Green lighting it up from the perimeter. We've got Dipo, Payton and Harris, with our best options being Fournier and Ridnour, and even they aren't running pnp's to make the most of him.

It's a long season though, so here's hoping he'll turn it around. I was full of hope for him, but it's seeming more and more apparent that there was a reason Phoenix didn't bother bringing him back.

Meanwhile, I'm with you on preferring to have spent less than the MLE on McRoberts, or even having given O'Quinn and Gordon chances in that role whilst saving our money for someone like Millsap.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#707 » by doct3r dr3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:40 am

TOR game: we're up ~10 in the fourth Q... I start watching... 0-11 run... we lose
CHA game: we're down 23 in the third Q... I never tune in... giant comeback... we win
MIA game: we're up 3 in the fourth Q... I start watching... instant collapse... we lose

guys, i think the magic are allergic to me
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#708 » by j_n » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Just finished watching the game, not sure was the scapegoat for this game but imo nobody was.

Basketball is a game of making shots, we created much better scoring opportunities than the Heat but we had a terrible shooting night while they probably had their best shooting night they are going to have all season.

I think the team played well, got good looks and couldnt make them while the heat were shooting insanely well, if both teams had an average shooting night it would be an easy win imo, just hope they keep playing like that and the wins will come.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#709 » by j_n » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 am

doct3r dr3 wrote:TOR game: we're up ~10 in the fourth Q... I start watching... 0-11 run... we lose
CHA game: we're down 23 in the third Q... I never tune in... giant comeback... we win
MIA game: we're up 3 in the fourth Q... I start watching... instant collapse... we lose

guys, i think the magic are allergic to me

It happend to me during our finals run, we were like 2-8 in the playoffs in games I watched live, I still think we could have won it all if I didnt watch games 2 and 4 of the finals.

This year its completely the opposite though.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#710 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 am

Bensational wrote:
Zmill wrote:
Bensational wrote:i hate Channing Frye. he's that veteran signing that's going to take burn away from guys who are more deserving just because he's a veteran and we've committed money to him. he's the most useless defender i've seen, and his 3pt shooting doesn't do anywhere near enough to offset it.

Yeah man.. I was skeptical about the Frye signing at first but I am trying to give it a chance due to Phoenix's advanced offensive stats last season. But wow he really brings nothing to the table outside of 3 point shooting. Not sure if he is still learning the defensive rotations (not that there is much to learn :lol:) but his defense is putrid. Not to mention he takes time away from young players like you stated

I'm going to get flamed for this... and I know he isn't having the best season right now.. but I think Josh McRoberts may be a better fit for this team. Sure you're losing out on Frye's superior 3 point shooting but Frye brings passing + athleticism and while he is not a strong defender he still shows some toughness. He has some sweet hair too

I think this was a case of advanced stats sucking people in to believe Frye is better than he is. To be fair, we haven't used him the way Phoenix used him at all. But we also don't have Dragic, Bledsoe or Gerald Green lighting it up from the perimeter. We've got Dipo, Payton and Harris, with our best options being Fournier and Ridnour, and even they aren't running pnp's to make the most of him.

It's a long season though, so here's hoping he'll turn it around. I was full of hope for him, but it's seeming more and more apparent that there was a reason Phoenix didn't bother bringing him back.

Meanwhile, I'm with you on preferring to have spent less than the MLE on McRoberts, or even having given O'Quinn and Gordon chances in that role whilst saving our money for someone like Millsap.

if anything we're not using frye enough, his usage rate is down 25% since last year, even though his true shooting percentage is up. We need to use him MORE.

I agree he is not a defender but I'll bet the advanced stats will say he's helping us more than hurting us.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#711 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Zmill wrote:

if anything we're not using frye enough, his usage rate is down 25% since last year, even though his true shooting percentage is up. We need to use him MORE.

I agree he is not a defender but I'll bet the advanced stats will say he's helping us more than hurting us.

i probably sounded pretty frustrated in my initial post because i had just finished watching the game but I agree with you for the most part about using him more. Phoenix ran a lot of P&P's with him and it seems as though we haven't utilized him the same way. He seems to play more like a pure stretch 4/floor spacer with us, which is OK because he is a great 3 point shooter with a quick release, but he has a bit of trouble defensively and on the boards at times. Playing him in a similar role to what he was playing in Phoenix would make him more dynamic and useful for the 30+ MPG he's playing IMO.

Basically, I'm not sure he is being utilized right but like Ben said, its a long season, maybe when everyone gets more into form we can get him more involved
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#712 » by dsg2021 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Good, hard-fought game but EP4 murdered our momentum with that steal-transition drive late in the 4th. He had like two trailing Magic players wide open and yet EP goes for the well defended drive with his ft% (then goes 0-2 ft). Serious wtf moment.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#713 » by tooler » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:08 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Good, hard-fought game but EP4 murdered our momentum with that steal-transition drive late in the 4th. He had like two trailing Magic players wide open and yet EP goes for the well defended drive with his ft% (then goes 0-2 ft). Serious wtf moment.

Fortunately this decision is correctable with a few seconds in the film room. The free throw shooting is going to take more time...
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#714 » by cedric76 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:30 pm

reWatching the game now, God , seeing Ben on the floor makes me sick

Bmp for president
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#715 » by Neon1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Bensational wrote:
Zmill wrote:

I see the need for a stretch 4, I see it. But I just do not understand committing 8 million per year over 4 years to a 31 year old, who really only exels at hitting threes and absolutely nothing else.

That 8 million we committed was better served with us going after a younger, cheaper, more athletic and more versatile stretch 4/5 like John Leuer who we could have snagged for pennies on the dollar at 762k.

We could use him as we needed and would not be locked into having to start him
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#716 » by Jameerthefear » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Good, hard-fought game but EP4 murdered our momentum with that steal-transition drive late in the 4th. He had like two trailing Magic players wide open and yet EP goes for the well defended drive with his ft% (then goes 0-2 ft). Serious wtf moment.

He was the only reason we had the momentum in the first place, but I agree with you.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#717 » by OrlDave » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Just watched the game on DVR. Really wasn't a bad game. Bosh had a very nice game, but offensive he was offset by Vuc. The problem was we needed a 2nd guy, they had Chalmers go off. We needed Harris. I think we win if he plays. Payton was incredible. He dominated the late third to mid 4th. He is clearly one of the 5 best players we have right now (Dipo, Harris, Evan and Vuc being the others). He's going to have lapses (ie the missed FTs) but he single-handedly changed the momentum of the game. There aren't many players who can do that.

We just ran into a buzz-saw with Bosh and Chalmers. I'm not upset with this one honestly.

Edit: Forgot to mention Evan. He wasn't on offensively, but he did a lot of other things to help.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#718 » by ezzzp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:

He was the only reason we had the momentum in the first place, but I agree with you.

Payton was the momentum.

Alpha killer don't hand off that moment, they make that shot+1...he needs to keep taking that shot so they become second nature and so he continues to get that call from refs...I have no problem with the shot, the free throws do need to improve
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#719 » by ezzzp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:22 pm

cedric76 wrote:reWatching the game now, God , seeing Ben on the floor makes me sick

Bmp for president

I know, I wanted to give him a chance

The ball dies in his hands, but I get that's his game - always has been as long as he can score in bunches thats what he was brought in to do.

BUT, already I've seen more than a handful of very lazy defense and ball handling moments that for someone who is trying to earn his way back to respectability that is definitely not ok...especially not this early on
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#720 » by cedric76 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 pm

ezzzp wrote:
cedric76 wrote:reWatching the game now, God , seeing Ben on the floor makes me sick

Bmp for president

I know, I wanted to give him a chance

The ball dies in his hands, but I get that's his game - always has been as long as he can score in bunches thats what he was brought in to do.

BUT, already I've seen more than a handful of very lazy defense and ball handling moments that for someone who is trying to earn his way back to respectability that is definitely not ok...especially not this early on

The guy gives away more than he scores,this is a joke.
Then some crazy posters still want to defend him because it s his game.

I think Rob brought him for his 3pt shot NOT for him trying to be the hero playing non organised bball

Guard rotation should be as such

EP,DIPO,ridnour
Evan,DIPO,Willie(as few minutes as possible)
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon

Return to Orlando Magic