ImageImageImageImage

Oladipo's Production

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,629

Oladipo's Production 

Post#1 » by ogmagicfan » Sat Dec 6, 2014 4:49 am

Even though he had a slow start and missed Training Camp & Pre-Season, Oladipo is shooting 46.3% from the field and 42.9% from 3

Just wanted to point that out to all the haters who were calling Oladipo a 4th option on an NBA team. We need him to keep up this great production and stay aggressive for us to take it to the next level.

I also truly think there's a vested power in our forum that whenever we talk bad about a player he picks up his production :lol: :lol: :lol:
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Re: Oladipo's Production 

Post#2 » by OrlandoDream » Sat Dec 6, 2014 4:52 am

Its the mask bro.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#3 » by woosah » Sat Dec 6, 2014 4:54 am

ogmagicfan wrote:
I also truly think there's a vested power in our forum that whenever we talk bad about a player he picks up his production :lol: :lol: :lol:

hasn't helped Willie Green lol

Yes, happy about the progress of Dipo to get back to form.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#4 » by JF5 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:06 am

I've been happy with him getting to the rim and not settling for Jumpshots. Though they lost the Pacer game... That's where it really started with Oladipo... This road trip has really been the light at the end of the tunnel for him.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#5 » by 407Junkie » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:17 am

Yeah he's ballin these days. I might have to stop calling him the Glorified Tony Allen if he keeps it up.
MagicMatty
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#6 » by MagicMatty » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:30 am

I'm waiting for the posters who make threads about trading Oladipo to post something
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#7 » by Viper1500 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:07 am

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#8 » by drsd » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:33 am

Some beautiful stats:

Oladipo is shooting an unimaginable 61.5% from the field in the last 5. An outrageous 75% of his 3-balls have been drained with 1 nailed in 4-of-5 games: he is thoughtful on this shot and has been automatic when open. In 4-of-5 games he had 4 or more assists.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#9 » by Bensational » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:34 am

Dipo is on fire lately. I think we can well and truly say he's shaken the rust off. he's playing within the system, he's picking his shots, his playmaking is 100x better. his efficiency in the last few games has been the stuff of his college days, and this is exactly what we want out of him.

it'd be great if Dipo was a go to guy that you could go to on every single play, but he seems to operate so much better when he's able to catch the defense off guard. loving what he's been doing lately.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#10 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:42 am

i think oladipo's procution increase comes alot from him doing what he can do: score the ball. When he tries to be a point guard is when he has problems. Now that founrier has fallen off a cliff there's not as much of a reason to keep start him, and now maybe we can finally start payton and oladipo can thrive in his destined role: a dynamic perimeter scorer.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#11 » by drsd » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:43 am

Bensational wrote:Dipo is on fire lately. I think we can well and truly say he's shaken the rust off. he's playing within the system, he's picking his shots, his playmaking is 100x better. his efficiency in the last few games has been the stuff of his college days, and this is exactly what we want out of him.

it'd be great if Dipo was a go to guy that you could go to on every single play, but he seems to operate so much better when he's able to catch the defense off guard. loving what he's been doing lately.

Nice post and I agree in full with paragraph one. For paragraph two, when one looks to the Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Gordon-A/Vučević starting five, I see Harris and Vučević as the offensive 1-2 punch. I still see Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-A as the defensive terrors.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#12 » by Bensational » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:50 am

drsd wrote:
Bensational wrote:Dipo is on fire lately. I think we can well and truly say he's shaken the rust off. he's playing within the system, he's picking his shots, his playmaking is 100x better. his efficiency in the last few games has been the stuff of his college days, and this is exactly what we want out of him.

Nice post and I agree in full with paragraph one. For paragraph two, when one looks to the Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Gordon-A/Vučević starting five, I see Harris and Vučević as the offensive 1-2 punch. I still see Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-A as the defensive terrors.

yeah, i think this team is still finding its identity and roles are still shaking out. Harris and Vuc are the front runners as scorers, but i don't think it's set in stone - not until they prove they're good enough to carry us a long way. regardless of whoever transcends as top dog on offense, the Dipo we've been seeing lately is the perfect compliment. he's the guy that will keep you in the game all game long by just chipping in points here and there with carefully picked shots. meanwhile, come 4th quarter, you probably look to him as your 2nd or 3rd option.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#13 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:25 am

overall so far this season, I think we've seen enough crucial development from our core of Oladipo, vooch and tobes to be optimistic in our organization's ability to develop players. Oquinn too. All their numbers are up and the team is winning more, despite a slew of injuries. We may not be playoff team but the team id progressing and developing into a completely different kind of team than the one we had with dwight. Dwight';s magic had a superstar and a bunch of average to above average players. We look the part of not necessarily having a single superstar but the team we develop into may be have the second, third, fourt and fifhte best players between them and dwights magic.
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#14 » by NBAchamps2017 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 11:27 am

TIME TO BENCH OLADIPO! ANYONE A LITTLE BIT DISSAPPOINTED WITH OLADIPO? HONESTLY, WHAT CAN WE GET FOR HIM IF WE TRADE HIM NOW?
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#15 » by NEM » Sat Dec 6, 2014 11:52 am

Oladipo has definitely played better since that first golden state debacle. Law of averages says he will come back down to earth one of these days. Always happens. Happened to Fournier. Happened to harris. Happened to moe. Happened to afflalo. I think he plateaus somewhere around 43% and 35%.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#16 » by tiderulz » Sat Dec 6, 2014 2:34 pm

this is what i see. I was a bit harsh on him earlier, but only because i thought he was forcing too much (possibly on instructions from JV). He had (and still) needs to get adjusted to the mask and shake the rust off. Not sure his game yet is where he can be "the guy" needed on a play, but he can be that guy who is always ready and like you said, catch the defense off guard.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#17 » by Melvinlocker » Sat Dec 6, 2014 3:54 pm

Oladipo already has a 55 TS% and 50 eFG% at about 13 games into the season which firmly places him into the efficient category of NBA players.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#18 » by Melvinlocker » Sat Dec 6, 2014 3:56 pm

It should also be noted that his turnover % has decreased from 19% last year to 16 % this year (his AST percentage has also gone down as well).
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#19 » by KillMonger » Sat Dec 6, 2014 3:57 pm

Remember the "what can oladipo net us" thread? People have no patience nowadays
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#20 » by craig01 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 4:40 pm

Big Boss wrote:Remember the "what can oladipo net us" thread? People have no patience nowadays

Patience on this board? Lol

People need to give VO and the Magic time.

There are many signs that this team is in the process of turning the corner not only in quality of play, but also with depth.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability

Return to Orlando Magic