ImageImageImageImage

Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Re: Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6) 

Post#781 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 am

thelead wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
VC720 wrote:Good game guys! Oladipo looks nice out there!

C'mon man. As a fellow Canadian he just doesn't. Let's just be straight up.

Hater alert! Hater alert! We have a hater in the building!

Hahaha. Whatever man. Orlando fans are desperate to make VO into a poor man's wade. I don't see it.
The one thing he is supposed to be good at defense (he is not all that great at)....I do give him a minor pass because he is playing his way into shape with the knee sprain.....but I don't see a very high ceiling sorry. I also don't see very high BBIQ either, he is not making up for his lack of present lateral quickness with any intelligence.

What I wouldn't give for a guy like Giannis or MCW that has a true high-ceiling. Vooch, Tobes, and Payton/Gordon are our ceiling guys....but other then Vooch/Gordon they still do not have the upside of a guy like Giannis or MCW. We need slashers with length (and don't bring up Harkless).

I absolutely see the Magic trading VO for an upside....Management is polishing the turd and trying to make VO a star....
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#782 » by in-limbo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 am

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
Neato wrote:I thought hansbrough's elbow was just an accident but I am known to be blind on many things

With a quick glance it looked accidental, but he threw his elbow out much further than he needed to. That douchebag knew what he was doing. He's not that uncoordinated, that was intentional. I could understand if Fournier was closer and he used his elbow to box out, but he went full extension with the elbow when Fournier wasn't even close to being able to get the rebound.

I wish Dedmon smashed his face in. Even better, I wish that fake tough guy thug suffered every individual NBA injury that has occurred so far this season instead of the guys who originally had them.

he's tough on smaller players. scared of ones that will smack him back, look at him say My BAd and back away from Artest

That's funny but in his defense Metta is pretty scary. He has a crazy thing goin on.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#783 » by OrlandO » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:40 am

in-limbo wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:With a quick glance it looked accidental, but he threw his elbow out much further than he needed to. That douchebag knew what he was doing. He's not that uncoordinated, that was intentional. I could understand if Fournier was closer and he used his elbow to box out, but he went full extension with the elbow when Fournier wasn't even close to being able to get the rebound.

I wish Dedmon smashed his face in. Even better, I wish that fake tough guy thug suffered every individual NBA injury that has occurred so far this season instead of the guys who originally had them.

he's tough on smaller players. scared of ones that will smack him back, look at him say My BAd and back away from Artest

That's funny but in his defense Metta is pretty scary. He has a crazy thing goin on.

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,324

Post#784 » by tooler » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

Duffman100 wrote:I dunno, I still don't fully see the intentional part of it.

I think he should get suspended though, because it's reckless and dangerous (which is TH).

Okay I finally watched the replay. I was wrong about Hansbrough looking over at Evan and deliberately targeting him.

It's still clear to me that he intentionally threw his elbow out since it came out faster and wider than his other arm in an unnatural way. I don't think he went in there thinking "I'm going to hit this guy right in the jaw," but I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have made the same move with a Raptors player there. So he wanted a cheap shot, not a knockout blow.

Crafty! I guess that's why he's the best at being a bitch.

Watching the replay did remind me about how Lowry and the coach were begging and crying to the refs for an out-of-bounds call on the timeout Oladipo was trying to make so his friend could receive medical attention. Lowry might not have known there was a human being and supposed fellow competitor spitting blood on his court, but the coach should have seen it. Kudos to the Raptors trainer for being the only one with class enough to think of the kid and not possession of the ball in one meaningless December basketball game. Never let anyone say the entire organization is rotten! :)

Anyway, the menace skates by yet again. Maybe one day.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,080

Post#785 » by tiderulz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Hahaha. Whatever man. Orlando fans are desperate to make VO into a poor man's wade. I don't see it.
The one thing he is supposed to be good at defense (he is not all that great at)....I do give him a minor pass because he is playing his way into shape with the knee sprain.....but I don't see a very high ceiling sorry. I also don't see very high BBIQ either, he is not making up for his lack of present lateral quickness with any intelligence.

What I wouldn't give for a guy like Giannis or MCW that has a true high-ceiling. Vooch, Tobes, and Payton/Gordon are our ceiling guys....but other then Vooch/Gordon they still do not have the upside of a guy like Giannis or MCW. We need slashers with length (and don't bring up Harkless).

I absolutely see the Magic trading VO for an upside....Management is polishing the turd and trying to make VO a star....

prepare for the hate parade, but i view Dipo similarly. I just dont see star potential for him. that said, i dont see it in Giannis or MCW either. And cant believe you think MCW has more upside than Harris.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#786 » by ivDT » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:39 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Management is polishing the turd and trying to make VO a star....

unbelievable. so oladipo is a "turd" now? so much for not being a hater.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#787 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:43 am

Oladipo just needs to play his natural position. I wonder if deep down he feels that way too?
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#788 » by Jameerthefear » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 am

Oladipo gets so much hate for a 2nd year player on here lol.
primecougar
Starter
And1: 928

Post#789 » by primecougar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 am

tiderulz wrote:
primecougar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
not sure its hypocritical. It would be if our guy did it and then didnt get called either. But Hansborough is a goon, and to stop his tactics, his teammates need to be hit hard now. Like its done in baseball, you hit my batter, next time up, im hitting your batters. If Lowry or Derozan or Ross take the hard hits that Tyler dishes out, i bet they or the coaches pull him aside and get him to stop that #$#%

Thats cause in baseball the Pitcher doesn't bat. In the National league they usually go after the pitcher.
It wasn't even intentional. Were you guys saying the same thing when Dwight was elbowing everyone as well.

In baseball, the batter doesnt bat???? i know its an American sport, but not sure you are saying what you mean to say. And Dwight did throw some elbows around, but people are lucky, because when he was under the basket, opposing teams used to beat the sh$t out of him across his head and shoulders and make him shoot FT's. But he played within the game, while he was physical and rough, he didnt and doesnt have TH's reputation as a goon and a dirty player.

lol idk what i wrote but obviously i meant pitcher. the pitchers dont bat in the AL so they go after a team mate. in the NL they usually go for the pitcher
#1 pick wrote:MJ wasn't more skilled than Lebron. Quite the opposite to be honest.
primecougar
Starter
And1: 928

Post#790 » by primecougar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 am

OrlDave wrote:
primecougar wrote:wow, so salty over a regular season game. you guys are bringing in religon, a 2009 nba playoff series win, hoping your players injure lowry or val, making fun of toronto and etc.

there is so much ignorance. "batty boi" is a Jamaican term and toronto is a multi cultural city so it caught on. no one cares that you guys beat us in 2009, the past is the past. whining about fournier getting elbowed then asking for lowry or val to get hit is hypocritical. Toronto is a world class city, whats with the hate.

you guys had dwight howard. you know how many elbows he threw?

Stop saying "you guys". One guy. Singular.

my bad. i shouldnt group everyone together.
#1 pick wrote:MJ wasn't more skilled than Lebron. Quite the opposite to be honest.
Jaxfann
Senior
And1: 40

Post#791 » by Jaxfann » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:30 am

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
Neato wrote:I thought hansbrough's elbow was just an accident but I am known to be blind on many things

With a quick glance it looked accidental, but he threw his elbow out much further than he needed to. That douchebag knew what he was doing. He's not that uncoordinated, that was intentional. I could understand if Fournier was closer and he used his elbow to box out, but he went full extension with the elbow when Fournier wasn't even close to being able to get the rebound.

Great video - shows what this punk is made of.

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#792 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:04 pm

tiderulz wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Hahaha. Whatever man. Orlando fans are desperate to make VO into a poor man's wade. I don't see it.

prepare for the hate parade, but i view Dipo similarly. I just dont see star potential for him. that said, i dont see it in Giannis or MCW either. And cant believe you think MCW has more upside than Harris.

I think more than anything MCW has weird length and a great handle that both creatematchup problems at the point guard.
That is where his upside lies in my mind. Tobias certainly has upside and I think he is going to be a sweet
pure scorer....that said he is not the most athlete guy at the SF, but that is ok we need scoring.

I don't know if you watch many Bucks games but Giannis takes over whole games when he comes in with the 2nd unit. He had a very quiet game against us but he does it night in night out and averages 12 points in 18-20 minutes, several assists and several blocks. He can take any guy to the hoop at will. He destroyed Barnes, Crawford and whoever the clippers put on him. Rick Bucher is of the mind that he is a future top 10 NBA player and so am I.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#793 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 pm

ivDT wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Management is polishing the turd and trying to make VO a star....

It's not his fault he was the number 2 pick in a very bad draft. He will be a nice contributor but
the magic are spinning him as a volume scorer and savior.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,080

Post#794 » by tiderulz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:18 pm

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:that said he is not the most athlete guy at the SF, but that is ok we need scoring.

ive called people out on this before too. Everyone says Tobias isnt a great athlete, and yet he trots out every night against many other "great athletes" and still puts up 18/8. Can we just put this, "Tobias isnt athletic" argument to rest?
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#795 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 pm

tiderulz wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:that said he is not the most athlete guy at the SF, but that is ok we need scoring.

ive called people out on this before too. Everyone says Tobias isnt a great athlete, and yet he trots out every night against many other "great athletes" and still puts up 18/8. Can we just put this, "Tobias isnt athletic" argument to rest?

Haha. I do concede the solid numbers build your case. I will also say conversely that he is a pure scorer athlete but he doesn't create any matchup problems for anyone defending him at the 3. At the 4 he absolutely does but at the 3 no....so i say his upside would be if we wanted to exploit him at the 4. Still a guy like Greek Freek has a much higher upside @ 19.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#796 » by ivDT » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:55 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
ivDT wrote:

It's not his fault he was the number 2 pick in a very bad draft.

not sure what you're trying to say here. what does his being the 2nd pick in a bad draft have to do with anything? somehow it logically follows from this that he's a turd?

He will be a nice contributor...

will be? i don't think it would be much of a stretch to say oladipo is already a "nice contributor", but i guess i'd need to get a better idea of what you mean by that.

...but the magic are spinning him as a volume scorer and savior.

absolute nonsense. oladipo is being "spun" as a promising young talent with the potential to be a star two-way talent in this league. hardly controversial.

Return to Orlando Magic