ImageImageImageImage

SIGN THE PETITION!!-- The Official FIRE Jacque Vaughn Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Re: SIGN THE PETITION!!-- The Official FIRE Jacque Vaughn Th 

Post#21 » by JF5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 am

You guys are pansy's for real...
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#22 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:01 am

JF5 wrote:You guys are pansy's for real...

And you're a fat poo-poo head.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#23 » by rusoopE » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:05 am

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#24 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:22 am

with a good coach this would be a .500 team
how many double digit leads have we blown?
it seems whenever teams adjust, orlando has nothing to counter.

the magic REGULARLY get decent sized, to big leads on teams and blow it.....that is coaching.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,398

Post#25 » by Bensational » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:37 am

well, that's 1 signature at least.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#26 » by shadrock » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 am

MagicFan32 wrote:with a good coach this would be a .500 team

the magic REGULARLY get decent sized, to big leads on teams and blow it.....that is coaching.

Yep its coaching... not our young and inexperienced players or anything.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#27 » by cedric76 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 pm

I m in too
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
JF5
RealGM

Post#28 » by JF5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:58 pm

shadrock wrote:

That's how Mike Malone got fired... (Not saying Vaughn is Mike Malone)... The Kings blew leads down the stretch earlier this season. And that was a team learning how to win. (Team is screwed at this point after firing Malone).

Most of the Magic's rotation is filled with guys who are young and playing the most significant/prominent roles of their careers (at this point). People are acting like they should be in a better position. No they shouldn't... Even with myself who thought this team would win 2-3 more games at this point (which is pretty much meaningless). They are right where they are supposed to be in development, and they have looked good for a team in its current state. Trust me when I say if this team for the most part STAYS TOGETHER, they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2-3 years.
weezt0e
Senior
And1: 24

Post#29 » by weezt0e » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm just mad that he won't put Darko and JJ in.
DJ Ronnie Seikaly!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#30 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:10 pm

JF5 wrote:
shadrock wrote:

That's how Mike Malone got fired... (Not saying Vaughn is Mike Malone)... The Kings blew leads down the stretch earlier this season. And that was a team learning how to win. (Team is screwed at this point after firing Malone).

Most of the Magic's rotation is filled with guys who are young and playing the most significant/prominent roles of their careers (at this point). People are acting like they should be in a better position. No they shouldn't... Even with myself who thought this team would win 2-3 more games at this point (which is pretty much meaningless). They are right where they are supposed to be in development, and they have looked good for a team in its current state. Trust me when I say if this team for the most part STAYS TOGETHER, they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2-3 years.

That isn't why Malone was fired.

Mike Malone strongly disagreed with management / ownership decisions in free agency. This disagreement became very heated and at times, at least a one writer claims arguements became unprofessional (not sure which side fit the description though).

When Cousins went down, the losses piled up and Sacramento had a tangible excuse for parting ways with Malone.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#31 » by 407Junkie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:53 pm

shadrock wrote:

Who's inexperienced besides Payton?
JF5
RealGM

Post#32 » by JF5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 pm

407Junkie wrote:
shadrock wrote:

:nonono:

So you're expecting 2nd/3rd Year players who've essentially just been given the keys to lead a franchise to just succeed immediately? Let ALONE guys in their early 20's... Improvement comes with time and MORE experience...

Samething can be said for Vaughn... But people lack patience... Its like We're playing NBA 2K's Franchise Mode...
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#33 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Jacque Vaughn routinely plays our best playmaker and worst 3 point shooter (who isn't even interested in taking 3's at this point) off the ball, spotted up behind the 3 point line throughout the game and in crunch time. Defend that. We are one of the slowest paced teams in the league and are around dead last in fast break points despite our best players being young and athletic. Defend that. I could go on.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 482

Post#34 » by TheChaser » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Sign me the f**k up. K. Thanks.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
JF5
RealGM

Post#35 » by JF5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Jacque Vaughn routinely plays our best playmaker and worst 3 point shooter (who isn't even interested in taking 3's at this point) off the ball, spotted up behind the 3 point line throughout the game and in crunch time. Defend that. We are one of the slowest paced teams in the league and are around dead last in fast break points despite our best players being young and athletic. Defend that. I could go on.

What's wrong with playing in the half court set if you're a young team? Of course this team could easily go on the break, but how does that help them offensively? Down the line when it comes to the playoffs and crunch time situations; you're going to have to run a successful half court offense to win games. And obviously during the last month we've seen a young team that can't execute down the stretch. People want to completely blame Vaughn for that. But you can clearly see the clear inexperience and confusion when handling late game situations/leads. And it takes time for the players to feel comfortable night in and night out on handling/closing out teams.

The complaining here has gotten out of hand and its REALLY annoying. Yes, the team/lineup is out of sorts. But it was EXPECTED... This team is trying to win while improving/developing its young players in every way possible. If your near sighted you won't understand it. But in the long term it totally makes sense in terms of making this team and its players more versatile...

Yes, its hard... But I rather swallow the bullet now than a few years when the guys have glaring weaknesses that should've been addressed during the foundation phase of the rebuild. Preventing this team from being a championship contender.

Its like all these Magic fans left after the Dwight Howard era returned, and are expecting an instant contender out of this new group. It doesn't work that way... This team is in going the right direction.. But once again, you need patience and understanding to deal with this team.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#36 » by shadrock » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 am

JF5 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:
shadrock wrote:

So you're expecting 2nd/3rd Year players who've essentially just been given the keys to lead a franchise to just succeed immediately? Let ALONE guys in their early 20's... Improvement comes with time and MORE experience...

Samething can be said for Vaughn... But people lack patience... Its like We're playing NBA 2K's Franchise Mode...

Its beyond lack of patience on this board. We can barely get through a single bad quarter without having some kind of meltdown "fire the coach" moment. I seriously don't know how you guys function in your regular lives on a day to day basis with this kind of impulsivity.

We are a very young team, and that includes the coach. I think a lot of people are quick to spot the faults with JV but tend to miss his strengths. And to his credit, he has learnt from his mistakes, as evidenced by not playing Ridnour and Willie Green in recent time.

Another thing to remember, as fans, we ride the emotional wave all the way to the top and back down to the bottom, sometimes several times a game. We do NOT want our coach to be like that. You cant have a coach pull a guy for missing three shots in a row, its a known thing that if a player doesn't feel like he has the coaches confidence, then he doesn't have confidence himself. Having a player feel as thought they are one mistake from being dragged is not a good mindset to be in. So I give credit to Vaughn for showing patience with this process and not responding to problems with knee jerk decisions, which is more than I can say for the majority of you guys.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#37 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:45 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Jacque Vaughn routinely plays our best playmaker and worst 3 point shooter (who isn't even interested in taking 3's at this point) off the ball, spotted up behind the 3 point line throughout the game and in crunch time. Defend that.

I know right! I mean wtf? It is almost as if JV wants our young guys to improve upon their weaknesses through real game experience while we aren't likely to win much regardless what we do. Oh the audacity of that man!!! Grrr!!!
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#38 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 am

I bought that excuse the last 2 seasons. Not buying it now. Nope.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#39 » by 407Junkie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am

shadrock wrote:
JF5 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:Who's inexperienced besides Payton?

Its beyond lack of patience on this board. We can barely get through a single bad quarter without having some kind of meltdown "fire the coach" moment. I seriously don't know how you guys function in your regular lives on a day to day basis with this kind of impulsivity.

We are a very young team, and that includes the coach. I think a lot of people are quick to spot the faults with JV but tend to miss his strengths. And to his credit, he has learnt from his mistakes, as evidenced by not playing Ridnour and Willie Green in recent time.

Another thing to remember, as fans, we ride the emotional wave all the way to the top and back down to the bottom, sometimes several times a game. We do NOT want our coach to be like that. You cant have a coach pull a guy for missing three shots in a row, its a known thing that if a player doesn't feel like he has the coaches confidence, then he doesn't have confidence himself. Having a player feel as thought they are one mistake from being dragged is not a good mindset to be in. So I give credit to Vaughn for showing patience with this process and not responding to problems with knee jerk decisions, which is more than I can say for the majority of you guys.
Damn neither one of you can answer a question for ****. And he does what I have in bold all the time but clearly you see different. End of the day he sucks and won't be here that much longer so both of you can be patient with him when he's a assistant again somewhere else.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Post#40 » by SHAQ32 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm

C'Mon guys we need more "signatures"

Return to Orlando Magic