ImageImageImageImage

Fire Jacque Vaughn Petition (for real)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Re: Fire Jacque Vaughn Petition (for real) 

Post#21 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Max Power wrote:I think this whole idea of a "Fire Vaughn" petition is absurd and it exhibits the high level of immaturity that has infested this board over the last few years. Yes, let's all sign a petition to fire a young coach a month into the season we're not expected to contend in anyway, and are in fact right where most experts predicted we'd be. Let's cut his legs off now so he never has the chance to become a good coach. A lot of you people need to grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

you're right, lets give him 3 more years to see if he can become an alright coach

(is green font needed??)
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#22 » by MagicMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm

You can't be a bottom-5 team, sign Channing Frye and Ben Gordon, then expect to be in the playoffs the following season.

Barring a huge meltdown, Vaughn ain't going nowhere.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#23 » by I Rasharted » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 pm

MagicMadness wrote:You can't be a bottom-5 team, sign Channing Frye and Ben Gordon, then expect to be in the playoffs the following season.

Reality ftw.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#24 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:15 pm

MagicMadness wrote:You can't be a bottom-5 team, sign Channing Frye and Ben Gordon, then expect to be in the playoffs the following season.

In this years Eastern conference it is totally possible.

The Bucks just lost Jabari
Miami is seriously injured
Brooklyn is on the verge of a major roster shake-up
Boston is attempting to trade Rondo again, which could have a negative impact.
Indiana has come back to earth 1-9 last 10
DET/CHA/NY- all teams we thought would make the post season are failing

The playoffs are there if we push for it.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#25 » by 407Junkie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 pm

People really wanna keep this dude around. Unbelievable how people's minds work. The worst coach in the league and he has defenders. Jason Kidd is better than him. Jason Kidd just came off the court and is better at doing his job than Vaughn. We got the runt of Popovich's litter.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#26 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:01 pm

407Junkie wrote:People really wanna keep this dude around. Unbelievable how people's minds work. The worst coach in the league and he has defenders. Jason Kidd is better than him. Jason Kidd just came off the court and is better at doing his job than Vaughn. We got the runt of Popovich's litter.

I don't think they are defending him. I think it's more to do with who can come in and replace him and be any better? Well I say that doesn't matter. If JV is going to continue to force this Oladipo PG experiment and show zero passion on the court during games, all why knowing that he isn't the long term solution why not end this misery now, scrap this season, start building towards a new culture right away rather than fire him in the off-season and spend the first 20-30 games next season figuring out a new system while getting off to a slow start. I would be totally fine with rolling with Borrego in the interim and picking up a new coach later on in the season.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#27 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

407Junkie wrote:People really wanna keep this dude around. Unbelievable how people's minds work. The worst coach in the league and he has defenders. Jason Kidd is better than him. Jason Kidd just came off the court and is better at doing his job than Vaughn. We got the runt of Popovich's litter.

Like you're some NBA genius? Nobody is defending Vaughn, as a matter of fact most question his rotations and decision making. It's just a stupid ass idea to fire a coach mid season imo. How many wins did people expect Frye and B. Gordon to generate? While both are playing relatively well, Gordon washed out of Charlotte and Frye's strength lie in his ability to be a decoy and spread the floor. I don't know how you can quantify Kidd being a better coach. They're 13-13 and havent had as difficult a schedule as Orlando has had thus far. Was Kidd playing Alphabet at PG for a stretch? Better coach.. :lol:
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
weezt0e
Senior
And1: 24

Post#28 » by weezt0e » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 pm

I think we all know RH is a HUGE fan of analytics. He's built this team by making trades and picks that the rest of the league scoffed at. Keeping that in mind, do we really not think he has a plan in place with our coaching staff? If JV is not doing what Rob wants, he will be gone. Odds are, he's in constant communication with Rob over how he wants this team coached. (Minutes,scheme, etc) This isn't a fuzzy, awkward political situation like we had with Otis and his coaches. (Where we NEEDED to voice our opinions as fans to move the needle at RDV) Rob is a numbers guy. This team is a work in progress. The coaching scheme/staff is a work in progress. I think they have a plan, and it's in the very early stages of starting to come together.
DJ Ronnie Seikaly!
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#29 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

I can't stand his ineptitude any longer. Coaches are supposed to put you in the best position to win. Not actively look like they are trying to lose games and then not giving a **** when said game is lost. Fire his ass!
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#30 » by craig01 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm not a fan of JV for many of the reasons already stated earlier.

The season is young, and the schedule is going to get better. The W/L record could be better, but is really about where it should be given the injuries and schedule.

I doubt he's the long term answer as a coach, but I'll give him more time before judging his performance.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#31 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Come on now, we're not even close to Brian Hill levels.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#32 » by tooler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 pm

I can't properly judge him because I have absolutely no idea what's going on.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#33 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Come on now, we're not even close to Brian Hill levels.

I know you may like Jacque as a person being that you get to interact with him a bit, but c'mon... he has been TERRIBLE as a head coach. At this point his defenders (which I was at one point) are just straight up scrambling for excuses for him and it sounds ridiculous.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
weezt0e
Senior
And1: 24

Post#34 » by weezt0e » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:48 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Come on now, we're not even close to Brian Hill levels.

Taco Bell wishes we were
DJ Ronnie Seikaly!
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#35 » by NEM » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:11 am

OrlandO wrote:What I'm wondering is what Hennigan thinks about the dipo/payton controversy?

I think he's the one behind it... I think he wants Oladipo to be this superstar PG and if he's not this year, we will then turn to payton as the PG. Think about it, no coach WANTS to lose because it messes up their record. Anyone with half a brain can see that Oladipo is not a 1 and that payton is STRICTLY a 1. Jacque is doing what he's told by upper management, it's why he was hired. That's why we hired a no name to be our HC. You think this would have flown if Sloan was here? Or stan? Or anyone with ANY experience? No. We went straight to the end of the Spurs coaching bench and picked up a guy who wasn't even an assistant. He was a player development coach. He was their Laron Profit. Of course he took the job knowing good and well he would have to do what he's told. There's a reason we only interviewed hunter, Vaughn, hornacek, curry (tank commander at his finest) when there were reports of the likes of Sloan wanting to be here. Vaughn is merely a puppet.

I will say that his inbounds plays have nothing to do with hennigan, he's just bad at them.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#36 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:18 am

No. You don't give up the assets Hennigan gave up for Payton if you don't think he's your future at the PG position. Jacque's father didn't' hand him the keys to the car at 16 so by golly gosh Jacque is not going to hand the keys to Payton yet either. Even if it means letting a worse driver drive the car.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#37 » by NEM » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:No. You don't give up the assets Hennigan gave up for Payton if you don't think he's your future at the PG position. Jacque's father didn't' hand him the keys to the car at 16 so by golly gosh Jacque is not going to hand the keys to Payton yet either. Even if it means letting a worse driver drive the car.

Hennigan wants to use this year sharpening dipos ball handling skills and next year we will move to payton. If it means throwing away a year then so be it. But hennigan is God on this board so I'll catch some flack for this.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#38 » by akhenaten » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 am

In Year 3 of Hennigan/Vaughn, the Magic are losing almost twice as many games as they are winning.

If they remain as bad as they are now for the rest of this season, then JV's got to be on the hot seat. The reason: these are all Hennigan's players now. Hennigan's had 3 drafts; 3 lottery picks; a big trade of a superstar that theoretically landed, or should have landed, a bunch of assets; 3 seasons to make trades; and 3 seasons to sign free agents. If all of that adds up to 10-18 in Season 3, or the equivalent of it at season's end, then you have either: a) botched the personnel decisions, or b) employed a coach that cannot maximize the talent and convert it into winning basketball. In other words, we're moving into that next phase where the performance on the court is going to start reflecting on Hennigan and his players, unless you put the blame squarely on Jacque.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Post#39 » by SHAQ32 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Those are not the only additions to this team --the evolution of Oladipo, Vucevic, Harris, KOQ. Drafing Elfrid Payton.

Outside of the top 4-5 seeds the East is wide open. We're currently 4 games out of the 8th spot, and that is after losing a number of winnable games that most on this board attribute to coaching. We have also played a road heavy schedule and surpassed our road win total from all of last season, in December.

The games that we have lost to playoff teams, we've hung in there and showed that we are capable of playing playoff basketball (namely the game vs Golden State).

I'm not expecting us to be in the playoffs, but I do expect us to compete and execute down the stretch, and win as many games as possible. And honestly I do not feel Jacque gives us that opportunity.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#40 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

I expect us to make the playoffs, i really do.

Return to Orlando Magic