ImageImageImageImage

Gamethread: Jameer in green, yuck.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Re: Gamethread: Jameer in green, yuck. 

Post#341 » by otownflava21 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:48 am

Jacque Vaughn's first quote out of the post game interview...

"Well, this was an interesting game..."

Reeeeeeallllyyy....
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#342 » by Jameerthefear » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:49 am

I know we won, but it's not acceptable to let a 25 point lead wittle away. It got to 15 in like a 2 minutes.
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#343 » by akhenaten » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:50 am

MellowRose wrote:
akhenaten wrote:Really frustrating. For 3 quarters it looked like they had finally woken up and were tired of losing. Then they go back to the same garbage we've been watching for the past two weeks. Lazy passes, missed free throws, no defense. And worse they got that look in their eyes again -- scared, confused, wishing they were anywhere else but on a basketball court.

No need to be histrionic. It seemed to be as if our players were just gassed. That's all there is to it.

Maybe look up histrionic, and then re-read. Also, you were watching a different game than me, that's for sure. I saw a lot of problems, but I didn't see gassed.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#344 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:50 am

D J C wrote:If you're a coach and you're watching a lineup piss away that large of a lead, you have to do something. He does not get a pass on this. Clear the bench, if that doesn't work, clear the bench again.

People keep saying things like this as if they KNOW that winning is our priority. How many times does it have to punch you people in the face before you will recognize the situation for what it is?

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WINNING GAMES!!!!!

... and that is okay! JV left those guys in while they were struggling and that is exactly what he should have done. He let them fight through it. If we had lost the games; who cares? This was a learning experience.

What are you all so sure that a different coach would instantly push us ahead?

Stan Van Gundy is a fantastic coach and has a young team with similar experience to our own in Detroit. They are losing more than we are. Flip Saunders was invited to coach the NBA all-star team twice yet his young roster is worse than our own. Charlotte was a playoff team last year and even they are worse than us.

Is there any chance that winning in the NBA is hard? Is there any chance at all that the solution to this problem is more complicated than simply replacing the coach of a young and inexperienced team?
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#345 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:51 am

may god help us with these blown leads. Seriously getting old as ****.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#346 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:51 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:Oh we certainly folded. The clock simply ran out on Boston. But we definitely folded. We were still even in the process of folding even as the clock ran out, missing free throws left and right.

We always miss free throws.

Oh. Well I guess there's no problem then? Not trying to be a jerk, but I mean...think about what you're saying there.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#347 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
D J C wrote:If you're a coach and you're watching a lineup piss away that large of a lead, you have to do something. He does not get a pass on this. Clear the bench, if that doesn't work, clear the bench again.

People keep saying things like this as if they KNOW that winning is our priority. How many times does it have to punch you people in the face before you will recognize the situation for what it is?

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WINNING GAMES!!!!!

... and that is okay! JV left those guys in while they were struggling and that is exactly what he should have done. He let them fight through it. If we had lost the games; who cares? This was a learning experience.

What are you all so sure that a different coach would instantly push us ahead?

Stan Van Gundy is a fantastic coach and has a young team with similar experience to our own in Detroit. They are losing more than we are. Flip Saunders was invited to coach the NBA all-star team twice yet his young roster is worse than our own. Charlotte was a playoff team last year and even they are worse than us.

Is there any chance that winning in the NBA is hard? Is there any chance at all that the solution to this problem is more complicated than simply replacing the coach of a young and inexperienced team?

no, you are wrong, we absolutely are trying to win games. Why else would we spend 12.5 million on gordon and frye? you dont add win now vets like that unless you actually care about winning. We have a nice young core. We dont necessarily need many more pieces than this, we just need to grow with this current group and that starts with WINNING.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#348 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 am

27 point lead in the 4th down to 3. We are lucky we were playing a bad team and not a decent team. If not it would have been a historic loss. Boston played so bad in the first half and we have still almost blew it. I cannot be happy about this win. Not like this.

JV got testy in the presser.
aka: prorl
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,634

Post#349 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:54 am

FFBlitzace wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:Oh we certainly folded. The clock simply ran out on Boston. But we definitely folded. We were still even in the process of folding even as the clock ran out, missing free throws left and right.

We always miss free throws.

Oh. Well I guess there's no problem then? Not trying to be a jerk, but I mean...think about what you're saying there.

I'm not trying to say that our free throws are not a problem. I'm saying that "missing free throws" is not a process of our folding, it's a detriment that this team has been dealing with since the first game.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#350 » by npiper17 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:58 am

Interestingly the Sixers have come back to take the lead late against the Heat after the Heat led 69-46 with 8 mins to go in the 3rd.

So at least it's not just us!
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#351 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:59 am

I disagree. It's not like back in the day when we occasionally had to trot Dwight Howard to the line at the end of a close game. Harris and Fournier are more than capable of stepping up to the line and making some free throws. It was absolutely a process of folding.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#352 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:00 am

Jameer worked us bad. This is as bad of a win as you can get. I suspect more teams will go to the hack a payton. Forces us to play Dipo at the pg down the streach. Which is bad news. He in no way shape or form can play the position..
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#353 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:01 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I disagree. It's not like back in the day when we occasionally had to trot Dwight Howard to the line at the end of a close game. Harris and Fournier are more than capable of stepping up to the line and making some free throws. It was absolutely a process of folding.

If you say so.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#354 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:02 am

npiper17 wrote:Interestingly the Sixers have come back to take the lead late against the Heat after the Heat led 69-46 with 8 mins to go in the 3rd.

So at least it's not just us!

Any given night...

Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#355 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:02 am

guys, the heat just lost to the sixers.....
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#356 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:02 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:no, you are wrong, we absolutely are trying to win games. Why else would we spend 12.5 million on gordon and frye? you dont add win now vets like that unless you actually care about winning. We have a nice young core. We dont necessarily need many more pieces than this, we just need to grow with this current group and that starts with WINNING.

$12.5 per split over two players is not much. Gordon's deal is likely a 1 year while Frye does add that stretch 4 options we lacked. These guys are fillers. We had to add some pieces so we did.

If we were really locked into this group and looking at today, we would have given in to whatever Harris wanted. For the reasons above, this move better represents the short term goals of this team.
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#357 » by Jameerthefear » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:06 am

Well... maybe it's not time for us to implode after all... Heat just lost to 76ers...
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#358 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:07 am

i dont understand when we were up like 10 with less than 2 minutes to go..why is oladipo rushing to get a layup with the full 24 second clock and air balling the layup..they need the coaches to tell them to drain the clock especially after that crazy 25 point momentum swing.
Work Hard
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#359 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:07 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:no, you are wrong, we absolutely are trying to win games. Why else would we spend 12.5 million on gordon and frye? you dont add win now vets like that unless you actually care about winning. We have a nice young core. We dont necessarily need many more pieces than this, we just need to grow with this current group and that starts with WINNING.

$12.5 per split over two players is not much. Gordon's deal is likely a 1 year while Frye does add that stretch 4 options we lacked. These guys are fillers. We had to add some pieces so we did.

If we were really locked into this group and looking at today, we would have given in to whatever Harris wanted. For the reasons above, this move better represents the short term goals of this team.

iam sorry but in no universe does a 4 year-32 million dollar contract for anyone represent any intention NOT TO win immediately. 12.5 absolutely is alot when you are committing that kind of length to the contract. I can understand waiting to resign harris, since he is restricted but given the way small forwards are being paid-not saying harris is on the level of hayward or parsons(because i dont think hes as good as them) we may end of having to overpay to keep him. Make no mistake about letting harris walk and trying to replace him with stanley johnson, kelly oubre or justise winslow would set the franchise back and his impending contract will be more palatable under the new cba.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#360 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:18 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:guys, the heat just lost to the sixers.....

Their board is talking about wanting to fire Spoelstra lol

Return to Orlando Magic