ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Charlotte - 7PM

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Re: Magic @ Charlotte - 7PM 

Post#221 » by FloridaHoosier » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:54 am

3ddman23 wrote:Looks like it was a solid win. Is this one worth watching on replay? Or is it ugly like the Boston game?

Watch it.
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#222 » by vagnermagic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:59 am

3ddman23 wrote:Looks like it was a solid win. Is this one worth watching on replay? Or is it ugly like the Boston game?

I say it's worth watching especially because of Elfrid, who had a great game.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
Illmagic
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#223 » by Illmagic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:00 am

Solid win. EP played really well. Vuc was fantastic. We should def work harder get Vuc more touches going foward. Good team win. Kemba was unreal tonight.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#224 » by orlando1214 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 am

thelead wrote:Gotta give JV credit, the minutes are perfectly distributed right now.

Ultimately he does deserve credit, but I am really interested if this was his doing or if someone finally talked some sense into him, whether it was Rob and the front end, or one of his assistants. The dude has been so blind with these things for so long, that I'm skeptical if it was his doing or not. But for now I'll give him credit, and that I hope we see more improvements from him as well.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#225 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 am

GameOver25 wrote:We probably would have lost against a better team. We are just pathetic in late game situations.

we def have a lot to learn right now. Hope they gain some confidence and learn from this win and take a step forward but most likely will take some more time.
aka: prorl
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#226 » by shadrock » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:30 am

A good win. We are going to figure this thing out. Closing out games comes with experience.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#227 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:41 am

orlando1214 wrote:
Def Swami wrote:That's the drawback of playing Elfrid this late.

Very true. However, I think the good he does vastly outweighs the bad. I'll take a dumb rookie mistake every once in a while.

Without a doubt his positives far outweight his bad free throw shooting and bad field goal percentage. He just has incredible instincts to make his teammates better, plays great defense, and his will and determination and grittyness are some of the best I've seen. I truly believe he will be a star and perennial allstar in a couple of years with experience and an improved jumper. Ultimate compliment is do you make your teamates better and he does. I say play him in crunchtime so he gets used to it, even if they keep fouling.
aka: prorl
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#228 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:11 am

Jameerthefear wrote:Vuc with 22/11/3

Leads the NBA with 18 double doubles.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#229 » by ezzzp » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:27 am

thelead wrote:Gotta give JV credit, the minutes are perfectly distributed right now.

blasphemy
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#230 » by drsd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:52 am

To quote Harris, "maintain a lead."

Solid win.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#231 » by JF5 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:26 am

I be like...

j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#232 » by j_n » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:28 am

I think this team can play a lot better, too many selfish plays on offense and too much switching on defense, the refs helped us a lot last night and the Hornets had a bad night.

This team needs to play to its strengths, we have too many times where one player is stuck with the ball with under 7 seconds left on the clock and we end up with a bad shot, we need to push the tempo more and stop giving the ball to Oladipo on pick n rolls unless its a high pick n roll with 3 shooters to space the floor and give him room to get to the paint.

Payton looks very promising when he plays aggressive but when he plays scared and off the ball hes almost useless on offense, he needs to handle the ball and create plays far more often, even if he has a stretch where he miss shots or turn the ball over because hes our best playmaker.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#233 » by thelead » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:16 pm

j_n wrote:

I think this team can play a lot better, too many selfish plays on offense and too much switching on defense, the refs helped us a lot last night and the Hornets had a bad night.

This team needs to play to its strengths, we have too many times where one player is stuck with the ball with under 7 seconds left on the clock and we end up with a bad shot, we need to push the tempo more and stop giving the ball to Oladipo on pick n rolls unless its a high pick n roll with 3 shooters to space the floor and give him room to get to the paint.

Payton looks very promising when he plays aggressive but when he plays scared and off the ball hes almost useless on offense, he needs to handle the ball and create plays far more often, even if he has a stretch where he miss shots or turn the ball over because hes our best playmaker.

Sure but I was just talking about minute allocation. All the guard minutes are going to EP, Dipo, and Fourny with a splash of Ben Gordon. That's the way it should be.
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#234 » by didak » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:48 am

Surely now we would have JV as a candidate for COTY and us a shot at the Championship after this performance??
R I P - Kobe Bryant
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,776

Post#235 » by Audi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:05 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
Jameerthefear wrote:Vuc with 22/11/3

Leads the NBA with 18 double doubles.

He'd be far ahead of that too without sitting out the games due to the back spasms.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#236 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:02 am

thelead wrote:
j_n wrote:

Sure but I was just talking about minute allocation. All the guard minutes are going to EP, Dipo, and Fourny with a splash of Ben Gordon. That's the way it should be.

so basically he deserves credit for not playing willie green lol

Return to Orlando Magic