ImageImageImageImage

hornets vs magic

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Re: hornets vs magic 

Post#381 » by tooler » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:16 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:Payton was billed as a transition point guard, but this year he's been anything but.

It's funny how we saw that late in the game against Brooklyn. They had no choice since they had to play against the clock.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#382 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:30 am

tooler wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Payton was billed as a transition point guard, but this year he's been anything but.

It's funny how we saw that late in the game against Brooklyn. They had no choice since they had to play against the clock.

I sincerely hope this is some directive from the higher ups to play slower to develop our players, because it clearly doesn't equate to wins now.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

hornets vs magic 

Post#383 » by FloridaHoosier » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:02 am

Victor came out after the game and had a meet and greet with the I.U. Alumni group that was there. He apologized for the game results. It was a nice few minutes with a truly nice young man! Wish this team would get it together. Oh, by the way, there were a ton of Harkless shirts on the clearance racks!

"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure."
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#384 » by tiderulz » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:20 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:Payton was billed as a transition point guard, but this year he's been anything but. I hope this is some organizationap strategy to develop his half court game but I hate it. With Oladipo and payton, we should be racing down the court. I really can't wait until Vaughn is gone.

he was a fast break guard in college, but then so was Jameer. something strange in Orlando where everyone wants to slow down
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#385 » by Jiwol » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:36 am

**** this team.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#386 » by ivDT » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:37 am

FloridaHoosier wrote:Victor came out after the game and had a meet and greet with the I.U. Alumni group that was there. He apologized for the game results. It was a nice few minutes with a truly nice young man! Wish this team would get it together. Oh, by the way, there were a ton of Harkless shirts on the clearance racks!

can't say we didn't see it coming. it'll be interesting to see what henny can get for him.

"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure."

if you click here you can make that your signature. that is, if you want to.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#387 » by drsd » Sun Jan 4, 2015 9:15 am

Jiwol wrote:**** this team.

Orlando is proving that the roster is far from settled. At some point the O'Quinn at PF experiement will be stopped. Also, the bench is a mess. GM Hennigan still has loads of work to do.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#388 » by MoMM » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:47 am

ivDT wrote:
FloridaHoosier wrote:Victor came out after the game and had a meet and greet with the I.U. Alumni group that was there. He apologized for the game results. It was a nice few minutes with a truly nice young man! Wish this team would get it together. Oh, by the way, there were a ton of Harkless shirts on the clearance racks!

can't say we didn't see it coming. it'll be interesting to see what henny can get for him.

No AN shirts too?

But it's a good strategy, you want to trade an young player, so inactivate him for a NBDL player :noway:
TBbucmagicORL
Bench Warmer
And1: 263

Post#389 » by TBbucmagicORL » Sun Jan 4, 2015 1:12 pm

Lol I have Kemba Walker on my Yahoo fantasy team and here is what they said about his game last night..

"Kemba Walker bounced back against the Magic on Saturday during a 98-90 win with 30 points, seven rebounds, six assists, two steals, one block and four 3-pointers in 39 minutes.

Advice: He owns the Magic. Walker has his career high against them and three of his top-five scoring games have come against them, too. He was in a brutal slump in his previous three games, making just 30.6 percent from the field, so his 10-of-21 was a welcomed sight. Kemba should be much better and will have a chance to score in the mid 20s while Al Jefferson (groin) is out.

Haha so sad.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#390 » by Furinkazan » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:19 pm

pathetic team
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#391 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:48 pm

This team should have begun to carve an identity by now.

The best path is to always identify and build around core strengths ...... and toggle through with the weaknesses.

I assumed before the season that the logical identity would have been to be the aggressors defensively, especially on the perimeter, push the tempo when opportunities were present, given that was where the Magic have the most depth and athleticism.

Instead, I have no idea what this team is trying to accomplish night in and night out. There is rarely a sense of urgency with regard to possessions and defensive opportunities.

This team as constructed does not have natural scorers, so they should be focused on the denial of routine for opponents defensively and consistent ball movement offensively.

My news years wish is to see dobermans in the Magic backcourt disrupting opponents, and building the mindset of good ball movement on offense.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#392 » by tiderulz » Sun Jan 4, 2015 4:48 pm

craig01 wrote:
My news years wish is to see dobermans in the Magic backcourt disrupting opponents, and building the mindset of good ball movement on offense.

we hear this, but im not seeing the all-out defensive pressure from our backcourt of Elf/Dipo that i guess i would expect, given their lauded ability on defense. Offensive shots sometimes go cold, but defense is mostly by effort and should be there every game, which it isnt.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#393 » by j_n » Sun Jan 4, 2015 5:16 pm

tiderulz wrote:
craig01 wrote:

we hear this, but im not seeing the all-out defensive pressure from our backcourt of Elf/Dipo that i guess i would expect, given their lauded ability on defense. Offensive shots sometimes go cold, but defense is mostly by effort and should be there every game, which it isnt.

Oladipo is still playing defense like he did in college where he could just pressure his man and force still or force his man to pass, he needs to realize that he cant force a turnover or block his man every possession.

When he guards the pick n roll he always goes over the screen to try to poke the ball or block his man at the rim but all it does is force our guys to rotate and allow the opposing team to get open looks and offensive rebounds, another thing he does is just attack bigs when he rotates over to get a steal which often result in open threes by his man.

You would think our coaching stuff would tell him to go under picks and to stop leaving his man open but it doesnt seem to change.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,610

Post#394 » by 3ddman23 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 5:40 pm

MoMM wrote:
ivDT wrote:

No AN shirts too?

But it's a good strategy, you want to trade an young player, so inactivate him for a NBDL player :noway:

yea just to bounce off that harkless jersey was the only current players jersey they were selling at the Orlando magic garage sell in early December for like $10. I think the organization has given up on him and its a sad outcome from both sides.....
GO MAGIC
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#395 » by Jameerthefear » Mon Jan 5, 2015 12:22 am

j_n wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
craig01 wrote:

Oladipo is still playing defense like he did in college where he could just pressure his man and force still or force his man to pass, he needs to realize that he cant force a turnover or block his man every possession.

When he guards the pick n roll he always goes over the screen to try to poke the ball or block his man at the rim but all it does is force our guys to rotate and allow the opposing team to get open looks and offensive rebounds, another thing he does is just attack bigs when he rotates over to get a steal which often result in open threes by his man.

You would think our coaching stuff would tell him to go under picks and to stop leaving his man open but it doesnt seem to change.

Great post. Defense is more than just being quicker than the other guy. These things would be addressed with a better coaching staff. There's too much defensive talent on this team to let guards go off on them so often.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#396 » by Last Guardian » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:17 pm

Defense has been a major disappointment. I am with Craig, I stated many times before the season that I didn't necessarily expect to win a lot, but I did expect to be a good defensive team. Only a handful of games have been good defensively so far.

AG (in his limited time so far) and Dedmon have been the only good defenders on the team this season.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#397 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jan 5, 2015 11:28 pm

We have good individual defenders but our team defense is atrocious. That's coaches fault.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Orlando Magic