ImageImageImageImage

hornets vs magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Re: hornets vs magic 

Post#321 » by abuzz » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:47 am

Keys to the loss: Elf and no one can contain Kemba, Elf/Evan Shooting blanks in the 2nd, KOQ at PF, Frye Effect down
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#322 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:47 am

We allowed one of the worst scoring teams to get ahead 52-29 at halftime lmao.. we sure are good at finding ways to embarrass ourselves.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#323 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:50 am

Lma who are the bozos asking questions in the press conf? They are as good at that as jv is at coaching.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#324 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:51 am

magickingdom wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I thought O'Quinn would help on the boards.

Not when he is standing on the 3 point line?

But even on the defensive boards. Maxiell was just outworking him.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#325 » by thelead » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:52 am

abuzz wrote:Keys to the loss: Elf and no one can contain Kemba, Elf/Evan Shooting blanks in the 2nd, KOQ at PF, Frye Effect down

That first part is very important for some around here to understand. No one is going to contain a good nba scorer on a hot night. It's up to the team and it's system to defend that player. Clearly we were not prepared for Kemba even though he killed us last week.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#326 » by OrlandoNed » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:52 am

I hate our broadcast team. Stop smiling and sugar coating this dog ****.
thelead
RealGM

Post#327 » by thelead » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:54 am

ivDT wrote:still trying to make sense of how some people will get upset at us losing and at the same time demand that we start tanking.

It's quite simple actually. If we're going to lose, lose a lot for a better pick. Since we're stuck on sucking and losing, let it ride.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#328 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:54 am

OrlandoNed wrote:I hate our broadcast team. Stop smiling and sugar coating this dog ****.

Its not that easy. They work for the team and travel with the players.
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#329 » by akhenaten » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:56 am

I am not in favor of tanking. You can't tank forever, and look where it's gotten us so far. This season the team was supposed to show some improvement and progress and without question they've regressed. Hennigan has had 3 drafts and a major trade of a superstar to acquire assets. If you believe in what he's done and the roster he's put together, then you have to fire Vaughn because it's a dumpster fire right now. But you can't tank, because why would Magic fans accept it? Why would we trust anything would be better after tanking another year, with this same coaching staff? Think about how blatantly the Magic tanked last year with reducing guys' minutes and holding players out 15 games with a bruise, and Vaughn pulling our best players at the end of games, and what did we get -- the #4 pick. Which turned into a 19-year-old kid now being coached by the worst, least experienced coaching staff in the league.
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#330 » by the_hobo » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:56 am

thelead wrote:With what's going on at the PF spot, it's unbelievable that Nicholson isn't getting any burn.

Yessir, this is unbelievable. KOQ is defeated recently and Frye isn't contributing. AN44 deserves some time.
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#331 » by ivDT » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:57 am

thelead wrote:
ivDT wrote:still trying to make sense of how some people will get upset at us losing and at the same time demand that we start tanking.

It's quite simple actually. If we're going to lose, lose a lot for a better pick. Since we're stuck on sucking and losing, let it ride.

i get that part. i guess what i'm wondering is if the people posting nonsense during and after every loss will knock it off if we start "tanking".

i mean, will the vic haters hang it up if we start making a conscious effort to lose games?
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#332 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Jan 4, 2015 2:59 am

Prediction: Jacque will determine that Luke Ridnour and Willie Green are guys who are willing to play hard for 48 minutes.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#333 » by npiper17 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:00 am

GameOver25 wrote:"I'll promise to find a group of guys willing to play hard for 48 minutes". He's a such a joke, he has no idea or what's going on.

The whole playing hard for 48 minutes thing is de facto coach speak for 'My x's and o's are good. It's the players not me.' He either doesn't accept his shortcomings or doesn't want to admit to them. If he did he'd probably resign.

Who knew Bill Simmons could be so right when he praised the Magic's personnel in his preview podcast this summer but said we have one of the worst coaches in the NBA.
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#334 » by akhenaten » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:00 am

OrlandoNed wrote:Which kind of inanimate objects would we rather have for a coaching staff? I nominate vegetables.

Boxes of laundry detergent.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#335 » by OrlandoNed » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:00 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:I hate our broadcast team. Stop smiling and sugar coating this dog ****.

Its not that easy. They work for the team and travel with the players.

I don't care. Somebody in the organization has to act like the garbage on the court is unacceptable.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#336 » by woosah » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:00 am

in-limbo wrote:This is pissed for JV. There is clearly a divide.

Yeah his comments about him asking if they wanted to play and they did...idk i think something went down in that locker room at the half. I wonder if he asked Frye and words were exchanged about his non defense <--SPECULATION.

Anyway, i think there's a divide too. At one point last year there was a long thread about how AN might be ready to take Glen's spot, and he played majorly for his country but now he can't buy a minute and looks like he doesn't believe in himself much when he does play. Mo started out well, now he's on inactive and won't comment. He calls timeouts and no real changes happen afterward. It took a reporter calling him out for him to bench Willie Green. He is using our players wrong and don't play to their strengths. I mean, damn Henny what gives? Is that supposed to be progress?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#337 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:01 am

ivDT wrote:
thelead wrote:

i get that part. i guess what i'm wondering is if the people posting nonsense during and after every loss will knock it off if we start "tanking".

i mean, will the vic haters hang it up if we start making a conscious effort to lose games?

With this home stand, looks like the tanking has already started, don't ya think ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
thelead
RealGM

Post#338 » by thelead » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:01 am

ivDT wrote:
thelead wrote:

You know they won't. They will continue to post nonsense until they are ridiculed to the point that they stop posting.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Re: Re: hornets vs magic 

Post#339 » by Driguez » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:01 am

FFBlitzace wrote:Prediction: Jacque will determine that Luke Ridnour and Willie Green are guys who are willing to play hard for 48 minutes.

:lol: You're probably right too. Our coach is a joke, he's running out of excuses.
thelead
RealGM

Post#340 » by thelead » Sun Jan 4, 2015 3:03 am

FFBlitzace wrote:Prediction: Jacque will determine that Luke Ridnour and Willie Green are guys who are willing to play hard for 48 minutes.

Sadly, we all know this is coming.

Return to Orlando Magic