ImageImageImageImage

Van Gundy's Pistons success has Magic fans inflamed

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Van Gundy's Pistons success has Magic fans inflamed 

Post#81 » by Skin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:06 am

flying_mollusk wrote:
drsd wrote:
flying_mollusk wrote:Alternatively, what if ....

... CEO Martins let former-GM Smith quit and told former-Coach Van Gundy that he was going to hire a new GM to trade Howard. How would former-Coach Van Gundy responded to that, and would he still be the Magic coach?

I think Van Gundy would have stayed. His family is in central Florida. His kids go to school there. I think he really didnt want to leave.

Otis and Stan were tied at the hip. When Otis was fired (and we all wanted him fired), Stan was going to be replaced by the new GM. That's what new GMs do (or eventually do).

It's so funny... Otis went from Magic GM to HC of the Piston's D-League team. Now THAT is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#82 » by ivDT » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:37 am

inflamed? more like engorged.
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 100

Post#83 » by otownflava21 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:02 am

I'm sure all the publicity from the media and negativity from sports casts like Shaq had a big hand to play in Stan's departure.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 304

Post#84 » by Mad Guru » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:10 pm

I love that Van Gundy is experiencing success, I don't think he was the right fit for this team though.

Bianchi is not a good writer, or journalist for that matter. I grew up reading the drivel of a bitter man who didn't like his local sports team.
MelbourneDemons
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#85 » by MelbourneDemons » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:24 pm

I think Mike Bianchi and myself have a different definition of what success is.
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 458

Post#86 » by dsg2003mach1 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:12 pm

Mad Guru wrote:I love that Van Gundy is experiencing success, I don't think he was the right fit for this team though.

Bianchi is not a good writer, or journalist for that matter. I grew up reading the drivel of a bitter man who didn't like his local sports team.

Bianchi's little segment on the radio in the morning is easier to listen to than the shot doctor but thats not saying much. I dont like the guy 98% of the time
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 304

Post#87 » by Mad Guru » Wed Feb 4, 2015 1:31 am

The shot doctor... wow that guy is unbearable to listen to. I don't know how such a petty terrible person became a personality on the radio.

Return to Orlando Magic