ImageImageImageImage

Kyle O'Quinn?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

callmened
Sophomore
And1: 27

Kyle O'Quinn? 

Post#1 » by callmened » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 pm

what is he like as a player? strengths? weaknesses?

i see that kyle o'quinn is a restricted free agent. is the magic interested in keeping him?

thanks
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Re: Kyle O'Quinn? 

Post#2 » by woosah » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:22 pm

What, you gonna come here and ask about all the NY players? You wanna know about Harkless too?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#3 » by Skin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Fan favorite. We love KO!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#4 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Magic will keep him for the right price.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,333

Kyle O'Quinn? 

Post#5 » by tooler » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Too late. Jacque Vaughn ruined him.

His beard is still immaculate though.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#6 » by TreasureCoast » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm

tooler wrote:Too late. Jacque Vaughn ruined him.

Dude i liked you as the numbers guy, and now you got jokes? I cant take it.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#7 » by MagicHolland » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Strenghts: shot blocking, passing, high motor, solid range on outside shot. Weaknesses: rebounding, very limited post moves, not athletic and doesn't seem to have a great feel for where to be on the court.. I like us to retain him but if some other team throws out a big deal I think we'll let him go..
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,333

Post#8 » by tooler » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:34 am

Beast_Reality wrote:

I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

Also: LEAVE KYLE ALONE!
callmened
Sophomore

Post#9 » by callmened » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:50 am

woosah wrote:What, you gonna come here and ask about all the NY players? You wanna know about Harkless too?

No, even though he is from queens.

Im a realistic knicks fan - i dont think we will attract any big time free agents (gasol, aldrige, dragic, etc). Instead, id rather focus on underrated players or role players. Im not too familiar with his game but the few times ive seen him play i was impressed. Therefore, i came here to ask Orlando fans what they think - since you watch him on a daily basis.

(if this is against the rules, let me know. I dont mean to offend or insult anyone)
callmened
Sophomore

Post#10 » by callmened » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:57 am

ive asked other team forums as well for other underrated players that might be available (for example Khris middleton - who isnt from nyc. lol).
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#11 » by woosah » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:01 am

callmened wrote:
woosah wrote:What, you gonna come here and ask about all the NY players? You wanna know about Harkless too?

No, even though he is from queens.

Im a realistic knicks fan - i dont think we will attract any big time free agents (gasol, aldrige, dragic, etc). Instead, id rather focus on underrated players or role players. Im not too familiar with his game but the few times ive seen him play i was impressed. Therefore, i came here to ask Orlando fans what they think - since you watch him on a daily basis.

(if this is against the rules, let me know. I dont mean to offend or insult anyone)

nah it's not against the rules, i'm busting your chops a little because of how outside fans (no matter the team) usually come in. I'm gonna leave you alone in that way. :lol:

He's a fan fave when he plays at full effort. Good passer for a big, has a nice mid-range jumper and can even hit a three every now and then. He is foul prone and doesn't have any lift but he can manage a few blocks on driving guards. He's a good back up big that brings motor and some grit and so we would like to keep him but at a decent price.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
callmened
Sophomore

Post#12 » by callmened » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 am

ok cool. its not like im trying to take all of youre players :) by the way, orlando actually DOES have talent but theyre not winning. what the hell is vaughn doing (or not doing). heres my opnion of them from afar:

Payton - rondo clone
Oladipo - wade with a jumper
Vucevic - dbl dbl machine
Harris - melo clone
Frye - classic Pick & pop guy

Gordon - shooting (funny story, my fiancee dated him in HS known as "Benji")
Fournier - underrated 3pt sniper
OQuinn - back up big man
Gordon - defensive wing

im sure im missing some players. but that should be enough to sneak into the eastern playoffs. i dont know why this team isnt better
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#13 » by TreasureCoast » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 am

tooler wrote:
Beast_Reality wrote:

I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

Also: LEAVE KYLE ALONE!

You're multidimensional bro, realgm Swiss Army knife
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#14 » by NBlue » Mon Feb 2, 2015 2:38 pm

tooler wrote:Also: LEAVE KYLE ALONE!

I would like nothing better than to leave KOQ alone or -- even better -- heap praise on him. He is, without doubt, both a fan and team favorite and obviously is a cool cat -- everyone digs him. That said, my observations of him on the Court this year find him severely wanting. He is too slow to defend shooters, not athletic or strong enough to rebound, not insightful or perceptive defensively to be an asset in team defense, not a good enough shooter to be a threat offensively and, although he is a decent passer, he thinks he is a better passer than he is resulting in too many turnovers.

Overall, this year he has played at a minus to his opposition at just about every phase of the game. I understand everyone loves the dude -- its hard not to -- but I'd rather see him gone and have his minutes for someone that can positively impact the game off the bench. I'm still waiting to see that from KOQ.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#15 » by KingRobb02 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 2:46 pm

callmened wrote:ok cool. its not like im trying to take all of youre players :) by the way, orlando actually DOES have talent but theyre not winning. what the hell is vaughn doing (or not doing). heres my opnion of them from afar:

Payton - rondo clone
Harris - melo clone

OQuinn - back up big man
Gordon - defensive wing

im sure im missing some players. but that should be enough to sneak into the eastern playoffs. i dont know why this team isnt better

Like most people you have the player comps in your mind so you think we have a lot of talent, but it's just not there yet. This team is about as good as you could expect. JV is making us maybe 3 games worse.
callmened
Sophomore

Post#16 » by callmened » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:37 pm

yeah i speak as an distant NBA fan that occasionally watches Orlando games. but im impressed by their talent but they havent put it together yet
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#17 » by Viper1500 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 12:12 am

KingRobb02 wrote:
callmened wrote:ok cool. its not like im trying to take all of youre players :) by the way, orlando actually DOES have talent but theyre not winning. what the hell is vaughn doing (or not doing). heres my opnion of them from afar:

Payton - rondo clone
Harris - melo clone

OQuinn - back up big man
Gordon - defensive wing

Like most people you have the player comps in your mind so you think we have a lot of talent, but it's just not there yet. This team is about as good as you could expect. JV is making us maybe 3 games worse.

Sadly, I agree.

Our players are extremely overrated at the moment besides Vucevic. This team needs another couple years of growth to really compete for the playoffs
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#18 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Feb 4, 2015 2:26 am

Hes alright, good bench player. Would look better if he had a good coach because he has to create alot on his own in the eecond unit, believe it or not. my guess is he would look much better with some semblance of an offensive system.

Return to Orlando Magic