ImageImageImageImage

Insider: Vaughn unable to solve Magic trick

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Re: Insider: Vaughn unable to solve Magic trick 

Post#21 » by JF5 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 6:43 am

Good article... And it points out things that Magic fans REFUSE to look at when it came to this team.

Simple and plain THIS TEAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT THIS STAGE.

Young team, players still being molded, and being given bigger roles in the first time of their careers. Personnel issues and inexperience at all fronts of the team. This team was destined to suck... I myself THOUGHT they would be primed to compete this year. but looking at the team play, it was just obvious that this team lacked experience/weren't good enough to win games night in and night out. They'll eventually be good... But like I've been saying the last few months, its going to few a few years for this team to become a winner. They're headed the right direction, but I feel that patience needs to practiced more around here.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#22 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 6, 2015 7:36 am

We may not be a great team yet, but we should be better than our play has been and our record.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#23 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 6, 2015 2:56 pm

JF5 wrote:Good article... And it points out things that Magic fans REFUSE to look at when it came to this team.

Simple and plain THIS TEAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT THIS STAGE.

Young team, players still being molded, and being given bigger roles in the first time of their careers. Personnel issues and inexperience at all fronts of the team. This team was destined to suck... I myself THOUGHT they would be primed to compete this year. but looking at the team play, it was just obvious that this team lacked experience/weren't good enough to win games night in and night out. They'll eventually be good... But like I've been saying the last few months, its going to few a few years for this team to become a winner. They're headed the right direction, but I feel that patience needs to practiced more around here.

I didn't have visions of grandeur, and I am ok with losing however I'm totally not ok with the way we have been losing. First month of the season our losses were competitive. Now our games have been over halfway thru the first quarter. Its unacceptable. We have a young team with young players but the fact that they have looked totally confused on defense screams a major lack of proper coaching essentials and that's unacceptable. I expect and accept some confusion but not total utter confusion. So JV needed to go because we cant have a rudderless concept out there with a coach that seems all too accepting of what was happening.
aka: prorl
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#24 » by Last Guardian » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:48 pm

Because Vaughn just isn't a defensive coach. Its one thing to talk defense he just doesn't demand it. From an offensive standpoint we have some decent scorers, and if we push the pace a little, we can score enough to win a game. The coach has got to be a hard ass on defense though.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#25 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 4:23 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Because Vaughn just isn't a defensive coach. Its one thing to talk defense he just doesn't demand it. From an offensive standpoint we have some decent scorers, and if we push the pace a little, we can score enough to win a game. The coach has got to be a hard ass on defense though.

As a team with a bottom 5 offense, it's hard to even claim that we can score well enough to win.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Insider: Vaughn unable to solve Magic trick 

Post#26 » by Max Power » Fri Feb 6, 2015 4:53 pm

This team has real problems right now on both sides of court, but they're an incredibly young team with the wrong mix of vets helping them. Say what you will about his size and decline but Jameer Nelson was a winner here. He would be a godsend for Payton right now. Big Baby, as big as a pain in the ass he was, the guy fought every night. This team wasn't getting blown out, unlike this year. We need some fighters on this roster and Luke Ridnour and Ben Gordon and Willie Green aren't cutting it. This team still needs some better pieces, but 6 or 7 of these guys can be the core of a winning team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Orlando Magic