ImageImageImageImage

The Push For George Karl [Merged]

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Re: The Push For George Karl [Merged] 

Post#201 » by akhenaten » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:03 pm

Malone may be a good up and coming coach, but based on what they've said they're looking for, I don't see how he fits the description.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#202 » by in-limbo » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:45 pm

You guys know we're ending up with Skiles, right? If they were gonna call George Karl it would have happened by now.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#203 » by CZ Eddie » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:52 pm

We're going with D'Antoni!

hahahahhah

Okay, that's just a personal wish of mine. I loved watching Phoenix play back when Nash was the PG and D'Antoni was the Coach.
We've got guys who already know defense, so let's teach 'em offense and get an assistant coach to put their defense together.
Keep your politics out of my sports
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#204 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:12 pm

CZ Eddie wrote:We're going with D'Antoni!

hahahahhah

Okay, that's just a personal wish of mine. I loved watching Phoenix play back when Nash was the PG and D'Antoni was the Coach.
We've got guys who already know defense, so let's teach 'em offense and get an assistant coach to put their defense together.

Have you been watching? Our guys don't know how to play defense... they have the tools and instincts, but they still need a coach who actually cares about defense to guide them at the nba level. We also need a guy who can minimize frye/vuc's defensive shortcomings and also erase the damage caused by vaughn. D'Antoni would be awful for our current situation.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#205 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:13 pm

in-limbo wrote:You guys know we're ending up with Skiles, right?

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#206 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:59 pm

Supreme wrote:I'm firmly in the Malone camp. IF our young talent turns out to be legit, George Karl simply wouldn't be able to be around for 5-8 years...Malone would be able to grow with them.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYcdov_2vxw[/youtube]

Why haven't I ever seen this before? This is wonderful. Tell it like it is!!!!
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Post#207 » by OrlMagic05 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:14 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Supreme wrote:I'm firmly in the Malone camp. IF our young talent turns out to be legit, George Karl simply wouldn't be able to be around for 5-8 years...Malone would be able to grow with them.

Why haven't I ever seen this before? This is wonderful. Tell it like it is!!!!

I want Malone after watching this video!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#208 » by Def Swami » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:33 pm

Not that I dislike Malone as a candidate, but what does a post-game video after a loss have to do with him being a good coach? How is that your deciding factor? Seems like normal coach speak after getting embarrassed.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,530

Post#209 » by Furinkazan » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:34 pm

in-limbo wrote:You guys know we're ending up with Skiles, right? If they were gonna call George Karl it would have happened by now.

yep
thats why I hate this FO
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Post#210 » by drsd » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:11 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:how many of our coaches stayed for 5-8 years..

For the current NBA, exactly 4 coaches (out of 30) have been with their team for at least 5 years. More than half are 3 years or less.

MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Re: 

Post#211 » by MellowRose » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:35 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I doubt Malone is hired. He was eliminated early last time around and he hasn't improved his resume much regardless of if his firing was justified.

Even a monkey can tell you that Malone is a better coach than JV will ever be. Not to mention, that Malone doesn't seem like the kind of guys who is willing to tank away the way JV did.

He hasn't improved his resume? Are you kidding me?
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#212 » by CZ Eddie » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:36 pm

OrlandO wrote:
CZ Eddie wrote:We're going with D'Antoni!

hahahahhah

Have you been watching? Our guys don't know how to play defense... they have the tools and instincts, but they still need a coach who actually cares about defense to guide them at the nba level. We also need a guy who can minimize frye/vuc's defensive shortcomings and also erase the damage caused by vaughn. D'Antoni would be awful for our current situation.

No, have not been able to see any games!
But I've heard our younger guys have the defensive instinct. So that's what I'm saying, get an offensive minded coach to bring out their offense. And a defensive minded assistant coach who can tie their individual defensive capabilities together [into team defense]. :)
Keep your politics out of my sports
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#213 » by Skin » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:42 pm

I like the honesty, but as a HC you gotta be really careful about ripping your team in public. Behind closed doors, great. But like this... eh, you kinda see why he lost his team. I like Malone, but this isn't the right approach for a young team like ours that has a lot of growing pains ahead as they continue their development.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#214 » by MellowRose » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:42 pm

Def Swami wrote:Not that I dislike Malone as a candidate, but what does a post-game video after a loss have to do with him being a good coach? How is that your deciding factor? Seems like normal coach speak after getting embarrassed.

This is perhaps normal coach speak for Pop, Thibs, or Carlise, but certainly not for average to mediocre coaches like JV. Malone strikes me as a coach who, despite being a disciplinarian and a hard ass, is able to create meaningful relationships with even the most obdurate of people. Our locker room currently has no theme, no message, and certainly no authoritative figure to push them to get better. Hiring Malone would be one of the best things anybody could do for this team.

I doubt this interview is anybody's deciding factor. Rather, this video is just one of many reasons why some of us believe that Malone is The Answer to our woes.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#215 » by MellowRose » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:44 pm

Skin wrote:

I like the honesty, but as a HC you gotta be really careful about ripping your team in public. Behind closed doors, great. But like this... eh, you kinda see why he lost his team. I like Malone, but this isn't the right approach for a young team like ours that has a lot of growing pains ahead as they continue their development.

So much misinformation regarding Malone on this board. "Lost his team"? When the hell did that happen?

This isn't the right approach? Well, we already have tried the happy-go-lucky approach. You don't want to try the tough love approach?Finding a medium between the two is very rarely ever found.

Coaches I believe have the same demeanor as Malone: Pop, Thibs, Carlise. Do you disagree?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#216 » by Skin » Sun Feb 8, 2015 7:05 pm

MellowRose wrote:
Skin wrote:

So much misinformation regarding Malone on this board. "Lost his team"? When the hell did that happen?

This isn't the right approach? Well, we already have tried the happy-go-lucky approach. You don't want to try the tough love approach?Finding a medium between the two is very rarely ever found.

Coaches I believe have the same demeanor as Malone: Pop, Thibs, Carlise. Do you disagree?

There's no doubt in my mind that he lost the respect of some of his players. I'm not saying it was a universal feeling where he lost the entire team. But I don't think he was fired just because of a rift with management. I like him though. His demeanor is fine. I love a coach that can rip his players behind closed doors or in practice. But disrespecting your players to the media after a game, saying they are embarrassing...

Malone said, "I guess we gotta get better players". Those kinds of comments have repercussions in the locker room.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
VucchiManee
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#217 » by VucchiManee » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:14 pm

Why the hell haven't we contacted George Karl yet...
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#218 » by Def Swami » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:15 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/564517630846181378[/tweet]
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#219 » by jgosche » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:37 pm

in-limbo wrote:You guys know we're ending up with Skiles, right? If they were gonna call George Karl it would have happened by now.

Yeah as I've said before I'm almost positive it will be Skiles or Jackson. I will be shocked if it's anybody else.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#220 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 8, 2015 9:47 pm

Def Swami wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/564517630846181378[/tweet]

hmm, the hold up is supposedly due to cousins' agents, yet...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/564535019079995393[/tweet]

Return to Orlando Magic