ImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#1 » by NEM » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:44 am

With ththe trade deadline 12 days away, I thought it would be good to have all rumors and trades posted in here.

What do you want/expect the Magic to do? I don't think any major moves will be made. The only thing in really hoping for is for Green not to be on this team after 2/19. I'd like Frye gone but let's be realistic, no one is touching that contract.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST 

Post#2 » by JBSouthpaw » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:51 am

Welp, if teams were interested in Harris, this lakers game didn't hurt his value.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#3 » by drsd » Sat Feb 7, 2015 11:21 am

With Coach Vaughn out, the odds that Orlando makes a splash certainly seems greater. Changes are a comin'! But maybe player shift wait till the off-season.

For now, I expect GM Hennigan to be in a seller's mode and wait to here what offers he gets for Frye, Nicholson, Gordon-B, and Ridnour. If a playoff contender sees one of these guys as an asset for a title run, then these are the giys I project to be moved.

JBSouthpaw wrote:Welp, if teams were interested in Harris, this lakers game didn't hurt his value.

Actually Harris to the Lakers makes particular sense. The team must upgrade their SF and needs Center depth.

Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and Lakers first pick of 2019 for Tobias Harris (SnT) and Dewayne Dedmon is an offer I could imagine. But I guess that is something for the off-season as Harris cannot be resigned now.

CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#4 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Feb 7, 2015 11:41 am

drsd wrote:..

With Coach Vaughn out, the odds that Orlando makes a splash certainly seems greater. Changes are a comin'! But maybe player shift wait till the off-season.

For now, I expect GM Hennigan to be in a seller's mode and wait to here what offers he gets for Frye, Nicholson, Gordon-B, and Ridnour. If a playoff contender sees one of these guys as an asset for a title run, then these are the giys I project to be moved.

JBSouthpaw wrote:Welp, if teams were interested in Harris, this lakers game didn't hurt his value.

Actually Harris to the Lakers makes particular sense. The team must upgrade their SF and needs Center depth.

Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and Lakers first pick of 2019 for Tobias Harris (SnT) and Dewayne Dedmon is an offer I could imagine. But I guess that is something for the off-season as Harris cannot be resigned now.

sup buddy did you get my email:)
Work Hard
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#5 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:19 pm

drsd wrote:..

I highly doubt the Lakers are going to give up on Randle for Harris. I think that is more wishful thinking as a Magic fan. first Randle is cheaper then Harris as LA would have to pay Harris if they want to keep him this summer while Randle would still be on his much cheaper rookie deal for several more years. And with their limited cap space that could be a bigger factor if they have plans for bigger level free agents this summer. Also you don't know how good Randle is yet and he could be a better player than Harris in a few years. Also while they do need a SF they have needs pretty much every where and PF becomes a bigger hole if you trade away Randle.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#6 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:36 pm

I cannot see any legit scenario where we don't have Harris on our roster to start next season. Even if he gets a max offer you match and deal with contract later or move him next season.
drpepper10
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#7 » by drpepper10 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:47 pm

will this be a good trade ben gordon for Tayshaun Prince?
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#8 » by Devin 1L » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:01 pm

drpepper10 wrote:will this be a good trade ben gordon for Tayshaun Prince?

You trying to break the internet, man?
drsd
RealGM

Post#9 » by drsd » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:15 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:I highly doubt the Lakers are going to give up on Randle for Harris. I think that is more wishful thinking as a Magic fan. first Randle is cheaper then Harris as LA would have to pay Harris if they want to keep him this summer while Randle would still be on his much cheaper rookie deal for several more years. And with their limited cap space that could be a bigger factor if they have plans for bigger level free agents this summer. Also you don't know how good Randle is yet and he could be a better player than Harris in a few years. Also while they do need a SF they have needs pretty much every where and PF becomes a bigger hole if you trade away Randle.

I agree with all of you words. But Randle might be broken. If LA wants to trade him, indeed, that might be a caution sign.

As an aside, when I look at the Lakers' depth chart, I can i) accept that Orlando is a lot further on a rebuild than immediately obvious and ii) the Magic's record is horrible relative to their depth chart.

drsd
RealGM

Post#10 » by drsd » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:20 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:sup buddy did you get my email:)

I am a bad person.

Your chocolate is all in a package. Just need to fill out customs declarations and head to the Royal Mail. Your box of sweets stares at me at work every day. I do indeed feel guilty.

I will get it of very soon!

drpepper10
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#11 » by drpepper10 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:06 pm

what will be a good trade chip form the magic for Tayshaun prince?
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#12 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:07 pm

drsd wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:sup buddy did you get my email:)

I am a bad person.

Your chocolate is all in a package. Just need to fill out customs declarations and head to the Royal Mail. Your box of sweets stares at me at work every day. I do indeed feel guilty.

I will get it of very soon!

lol don't worry about it. i just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail :) u can take ur time.
Work Hard
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#13 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:59 pm

drpepper10 wrote:what will be a good trade chip form the magic for Tayshaun prince?

U can have Channing Frye. But I highly doubt Boston would do that. They acquired him because he is an expiring contract and they aren't going to take on money. But the Magic would have zero interest in him as a player as he very well could retire at seasons end as doesn't help us at all unless we can get rid of Frye's contract. So there is no trade between us and Boston for Prince.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#14 » by californiadude » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:48 am

Just out of curiosity, If we (the W's) offered you guys David Lee for Channing Frye...What kind of sweetener would you throw in if any???
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#15 » by Truth24 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:55 am

californiadude wrote:Just out of curiosity, If we (the W's) offered you guys David Lee for Channing Frye...What kind of sweetener would you throw in if any???

I would throw in WG and BG and call it a day. lol
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#16 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:00 am

I expect some team to give us a second rounder or two for Ben Gordons 4.5 million expiring.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#17 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:02 am

We most definitely aren't trading any of our core players; if we trade harris were tanking.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#18 » by californiadude » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:02 am

Truth24 wrote:
californiadude wrote:Just out of curiosity, If we (the W's) offered you guys David Lee for Channing Frye...What kind of sweetener would you throw in if any???

I would throw in WG and BG and call it a day. lol

Yeah dude aren't you feeling generous :)

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
The1llness
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#19 » by The1llness » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:52 am

I can't imagine, given the fact that the Dubs are going to have six guys making eight-figure salaries next season, that they are keen on taking ANY sort of long term salary past next season, regardless of whatever sweetener they get in return. In all likelihood they just let Lee walk after his contract is up.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#20 » by Baka_La Flame » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:02 am

I think Nicholson and B.Gordon are gone. Harkless if they can get a first but I doubt Henny can swing that. Oquin and Frye possibly but I doubt it. Tobias ain't going anywhere. If anything we will try and sign and trade him this summer. I would like to pick up another first round pick in this draft tho. If we can get a pick that lands 17-22 that would be sweet. We could look for a back up pg like Delon Wright/Tyus Jones/Jerian Grant or roll the dice and take Russell/Mudiay and find PF later. In that range we could potentially land Bobby Portis/Kaminsky/Cliff Alexander. I know we already have a lot of young talent but is too much young talent really a bad thing?

Return to Orlando Magic