ImageImageImageImage

Magic hire Igor Kokoskov to serve as his lead assistant coach

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Re: Magic hire Igor Kokoskov to serve as his lead assistant coach 

Post#61 » by I Rasharted » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:25 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvM7DisJjRI[/youtube]
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 48

Re: Magic hire Igor Kokoskov to serve as his lead assistant coach 

Post#62 » by Malik Starks » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:13 pm

flying_mollusk wrote:
You beat me to the punch with the Vogel comparison for JB.

Both took over for coaches mid-season.

Both were assistants for around 10+ years before getting the mid-season job. Vogel had 3 years with Boston, 1 year with Philly and 3 years with Indy. JB actually has more experience, as he has 7 years with SA, 2 years with New Orleans and 3 years with us.

Vogel finished 20-18 his first season with Indy as interim head coach. JB is 2-2 so far.

If he could finish around 0.500, and he gets good assistants around him like Igor and a good defensive assistant like Ron Adams or maybe a former head coach with a defensive pedigree, he could stick things out.

Also, finishing the remainder of the season 0.500 would be a pretty good accomplishment. It indicates that that was our teams ceiling this year had we been actually well coached.

Good points and as I've also mentioned, JB's 7 years with Spurs is a big bonus in his favor, the Magic FO are obsessed with that organization.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Re: 

Post#63 » by Bensational » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:He is an offensive guru not defensive, at least that is being reported.

yeah, but he's come from solid defensive teams, so i'm sure he's learned a thing or two along the way. i can't imagine he only knows offense and doesn't know defense. although, right now, it would appear that JV and Borrego have only known offense, and not known defense.

Return to Orlando Magic