ImageImageImageImage

What's your Orlando Magic RealGM unpopular opinion?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Re: What's your Orlando Magic RealGM unpopular opinion? 

Post#201 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 pm

JF5 wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Both Vooch and Harris are empty stat collectors that do not equate to wins.

Secondly that Voochs spacing will destroy Oladipo's ability to create in the paint long term.

:lol:

People in here I swear....

It's true Vooch is too slow to play the kind of game the magic want to play. Give me Gobert and let's run. T12 is useless other then empty scoring largely. Volume shooter on a bad bad bad team.

You are an Orlando homer.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#202 » by JF5 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:09 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
JF5 wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Both Vooch and Harris are empty stat collectors that do not equate to wins.

Secondly that Voochs spacing will destroy Oladipo's ability to create in the paint long term.

:lol:

People in here I swear....

It's true Vooch is too slow to play the kind of game the magic want to play. Give me Gobert and let's run. T12 is useless other then empty scoring largely. Volume shooter on a bad bad bad team.

You are an Orlando homer.

Victor Oladipo isn't that natural of a Scorer or Dribbler and you're saying to trade other talent away so he can "Shine". I'm sorry to tell you this, but he's not the 2nd coming of Dwyane Wade... He's just not... I reckon he'll be a 2nd/3rd level guy. But He's not going to be Superstar caliber.

As a matter of fact, he needs talent to hide those deficiencies that he has.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#203 » by majortom71 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:21 am

I would love Thibs as a coach for the Magic. Some people are sold that he plays players into injuries.

Oh yea almost forgot, before season called it on Magic missing playoffs :P
WeNeverLeftAZ
Junior
And1: 398

Post#204 » by WeNeverLeftAZ » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:30 am

AG would thrive under Thibs defense system.
I made sure to say 'Bear Down Arizona!' at the end of our broadcast. That was for Wildcat Nation. -NBC Anchor Brian Williams
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,505

Post#205 » by doct3r dr3 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

Vucevic is not good on defense. The metrics support that.

Skin color and ethnicity aren't basketball metrics. sorry.

http://www.nba.com/magic/gallery/cohen-8ball-ranking-magics-top-5-defenders

"He doesn't swat shots into the 3rd row so he must not be a good defender" is a broke down argument.

But the tortured logic of Josh Cohen is a basketball metric? Image

The rim protection numbers at NylonCalculus rank Vooch somewhere in the 70s, behind the likes of David Lee, Spencer Hawes, and Channing Frye.

His DRPM (0.11) ranks him #46 out of 73 centers, placing him behind the likes of PFs Kevin Love, David Lee, Spencer Hawes.

His numbers on stats.nba.com show he allows more FGs at the rim, in fewer minutes, than Chris Bosh, Blake Griffin, and LaMarcus Aldridge.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#206 » by drsd » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 am

Unpopular opinion: The Magic is now trying to lose games.

:(

paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#207 » by paperboymafia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:46 am

I wouldn't be upset to see Tobias Harris leave the Magic. Decent player but a 3rd option on a sub-par team won't command the $$$ he'll most likely look for.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#208 » by zuppafly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07 pm

My unpopular opinion is that the Magic should go all in after DeAndre Jordan this summer and try a S&T with the Clippers giving up our pick.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#209 » by rusoopE » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 am

Great thread! very funny reading, i really don't like Vuc, i know he wants to stay here, i respect that soo much, but his defense, maaan, he's like Spongebob playing the center position!
Also i want harris to be our number 1 option in the offense side of the court, and of course i want to resing his contract, no doubt!
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
pokerfan12
Starter
And1: 1

Post#210 » by pokerfan12 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:31 am

we need to pray we draft Towns and trade saloon door Vooch while his value is "high".
THIS MAGIC FAN HAS HIS HEAD HELD HIGH... NO MATTER WHAT.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#211 » by orthoman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:01 pm

We never know what the **** Hennigan will do next. I predict we will be in the lottery another 4-6 years. Won't ever get deep in the playoffs since we can't attract 2-3 star FA's....they dont want to play in this small town. If/when the Magic get good,
most of us will not be following them anymore, or will have moved out of town, like most people do. Buddy has us paying alot for this new Amway center which has low attendance....no excitement like the old Amway Arena. I heard from a few local politicians a few years ago that this arena was built to appease Dwight.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#212 » by NBlue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm

orthoman wrote:We never know what the **** Hennigan will do next. I predict we will be in the lottery another 4-6 years. Won't ever get deep in the playoffs since we can't attract 2-3 star FA's....they dont want to play in this small town. If/when the Magic get good,
most of us will not be following them anymore, or will have moved out of town, like most people do. Buddy has us paying alot for this new Amway center which has low attendance....no excitement like the old Amway Arena. I heard from a few local politicians a few years ago that this arena was built to appease Dwight.

Exactly. We have never been able to attract a single top tier free agent. Ever.

Sincerely,

Grant Hill, T-Mac & Mr. Cold Blooded.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#213 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm

orthoman wrote:We never know what the **** Hennigan will do next. I predict we will be in the lottery another 4-6 years. Won't ever get deep in the playoffs since we can't attract 2-3 star FA's....they dont want to play in this small town. If/when the Magic get good,

Dude you are a broken record. Orlando did not build the Arena for just one player or any player for that matter. They built it to keep and NBA franchise there and also to have a better place for other venues. As for Henny why are you so mad at him. What was he supposed to do. No GM could have really done much else. he was handicapped with a rebuilding situation that was capped out his first year and most FAs aren't going to want to come to a bad team that isn't in position to turn it around quickly(i.e. cap space for multiple big time FAs or with the resources like the Cavs had when they had the benefit of landing such a high valued draft pick and the fact that they could afford to bring Lebron back home as well as a young up and coming PG in Irving). Orlando has shown that they can attract big time Free agents aka Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady as well as Rashard Lewis. But sports isn't for you if you expect to have a team get instantly better regardless of the environment that isn't suited for that to happen.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#214 » by InFlames » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:20 pm

We have been able to attract top free agents every single time we have had the cap space/actually tried to do so.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#215 » by majortom71 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:23 am

zuppafly wrote:My unpopular opinion is that the Magic should go all in after DeAndre Jordan this summer and try a S&T with the Clippers giving up our pick.

Deandre Jordan is a product of the offense that CP3 produces. Remove CP3 and he'd be just another defensive big.
As far as defense goes he's good, but I believe picking WCS in the draft could cover that area pretty well.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#216 » by ClashCityRocker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:28 am

Tobias detracts from the team more than he adds; also our franchise is corny and tries way too hard to appeal to everybody
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#217 » by zuppafly » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:52 am

majortom71 wrote:
zuppafly wrote:My unpopular opinion is that the Magic should go all in after DeAndre Jordan this summer and try a S&T with the Clippers giving up our pick.

Deandre Jordan is a product of the offense that CP3 produces. Remove CP3 and he'd be just another defensive big.
As far as defense goes he's good, but I believe picking WCS in the draft could cover that area pretty well.

I agree with the offense he shows being a product of CP3 ability to make others around him shine, but his defensive presence is undeniable and WCS would be another prospect that may or may not become the guy we expect...

Right now, and after what seems to be a 25 win season, we need a sure thing. Rebuilding is fun but when getting into the 4th year after Dwight, with a new arena that looks empty in 90% of the games, we need a big name and one that impacts the team. And getting DAJ, pairing him with Vuc and going for a "twin tower" philosophy/experiment is something I'd rather have than drafting another guy that we hope would have the same impact in 3 years.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#218 » by Last Guardian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:36 pm

The more I think about it the more Vucevic seems like a PF. He can defend his guy but can't defend the rim, and his offensive game is more like Pau or Aldridge then Deandre or Dwight. I think the defense has been great since starting Dedmon at C and having Vuc guard the PF. I'm all for continuing that or bringing in someone like Deandre or WCS to start next to Vuc.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#219 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Last Guardian wrote:The more I think about it the more Vucevic seems like a PF. He can defend his guy but can't defend the rim, and his offensive game is more like Pau or Aldridge then Deandre or Dwight. I think the defense has been great since starting Dedmon at C and having Vuc guard the PF. I'm all for continuing that or bringing in someone like Deandre or WCS to start next to Vuc.

Vuc is too slow footed and isn't athletic enough to guard 4s. He is not a PF.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#220 » by tiderulz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:21 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:The more I think about it the more Vucevic seems like a PF. He can defend his guy but can't defend the rim, and his offensive game is more like Pau or Aldridge then Deandre or Dwight. I think the defense has been great since starting Dedmon at C and having Vuc guard the PF. I'm all for continuing that or bringing in someone like Deandre or WCS to start next to Vuc.

Vuc is too slow footed and isn't athletic enough to guard 4s. He is not a PF.

ehh, think that is overrated. He can always sag off some of the faster 4's. Would rather them shooting outside shots anyways than going into the middle. Just like when someone says that Tobias cant guard Lebron, well few people can. When we play a team that Vuc is having trouble, you just make adjustments.

If Gasol, Boozer, Kevin Love, can play PF, Vuc can.

Return to Orlando Magic