ImageImageImageImage

The Dewayne Dedmon Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

The Dewayne Dedmon Thread 

Post#1 » by NEM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:26 am

I think this guy deserves some mention around here. In our recent wins he has played a huge factor in the defensive end and with his energy. I think we should start him alongside Vuc and see what happens. His career path and even the way he plays resembles that of Ben Wallace. We have nothing to lose. What if he is the answer to our defensive problems? We can use AG off the bench in a Dennis Rodman type of role (early Dennis from Detroit).

Payton 34/Oladipo 14
Oladipo 20/Fournier 14/Green 14
Harris 28/Gordon 12/Fournier 8
Dedmon 28/Harris 8/Frye 4/Gordon 8
Vucevic 36/Frye 12

I included Willie because our coaches love the guy, but his minutes could also be dispersed among AG, Evan, and Oladipo
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: The Dewayne Dedmon Thread 

Post#2 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByuKcSSVS_0[/youtube]
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#3 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:45 am

He still fouls too much but his shot blocking is nice. I love his hustle plays.
MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Post#4 » by MrOrlando » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:52 am

So is anyone here opposed to seeing a Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Dedmon/Vuc SL from time to time? KO plays some back up C, Frye and Fournier come off the bench for scoring. I know the cost of Frye's contact means he shouldn't be coming off the bench .. but if that wasn't the case, would you be up for that?
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#5 » by InFlames » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:56 am

I like him, he gives everything hes got every play.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#6 » by woosah » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:01 am

I need a gif of him almost taking out Nicholson last night in a celebratory chest bump gone wrong. :lol:

He is the type of guy every team needs: willing to do the dirty work, hustler, spark and energy personified. Idk about starting but he should get steady minutes for the rest of the year.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#7 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 am

I love him. He's definitely not an All-Star, DOPTY type of talent like Ben Wallace, but he should see 10-15 minutes every night. Some nights more.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#8 » by claudio-br » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:23 am

He blocks shots like a volleyball player

He salutes the crowd

He plays the pick and roll

He argues with the ref

He's Dwayne Dedmon
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#9 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:01 am

Love this guy and the best part is he's still developing. With him on the roster, do you still consider WCS in the draft?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,231

Post#10 » by eyriq » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:08 am

I prefer O'Quinn
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#11 » by orlando1214 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:22 am

eyriq wrote:I prefer O'Quinn

Why might I ask? Especially this season, because I don't think he's been the same player. I honestly think the only thing Kyle is somewhat better at is his jumpshot, but even that is not too reliable and he's become too trigger happy with it. To me this year Kyle stop being the energy guy and became instant fouls and chucking, which is disappointing to see. I will say though, I very much hope that Dedmon's recent great play and Kyle's minutes getting cut will help Kyle move back to the player he was the past few years. I used to love when Kyle came in the game, just like I do with Dedmon now, but lately I just kind of groan when I see him checking in.
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by claudio-br » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:48 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I love him. He's definitely not an All-Star, DOPTY type of talent like Ben Wallace, but he should see 10-15 minutes every night. Some nights more.

He's 25 years old and hasn't really played much in the NBA (Totals: 69 games, 835 minutes - avg 12 min/game)

I say he's out of the league in 5 years at the best
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,231

Post#13 » by eyriq » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:54 am

orlando1214 wrote:

Why might I ask? Especially this season, because I don't think he's been the same player. I honestly think the only thing Kyle is somewhat better at is his jumpshot, but even that is not too reliable and he's become too trigger happy with it. To me this year Kyle stop being the energy guy and became instant fouls and chucking, which is disappointing to see. I will say though, I very much hope that Dedmon's recent great play and Kyle's minutes getting cut will help Kyle move back to the player he was the past few years. I used to love when Kyle came in the game, just like I do with Dedmon now, but lately I just kind of groan when I see him checking in.

Yeah I like Kyles versatility. Great passing, good jump shot, great length, strong, and he always measures well in advanced stats. I like Dedmon too, he's even shown glimmers of a post game to go with great athleticism and an insane motor, and even is showing flares of being a finisher.I just think O'Quinn is better.
NEM
RealGM

Post#14 » by NEM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I love him. He's definitely not an All-Star, DOPTY type of talent like Ben Wallace, but he should see 10-15 minutes every night. Some nights more.

Ben wasn't either until we traded him to Detroit and he got a real opportunity to play. Also, dedmon's impact on the game is MUCH bigger than KOQ. Oquinn is QUICKLY morphing into big baby, and that's not good at all.

We need to run payton, Oladipo, harris, dedmon, Vuc in the SL. That's probably our best 5.

NEM
RealGM

Post#15 » by NEM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:53 am

claudio-br wrote:

He's 25 years old and hasn't really played much in the NBA (Totals: 69 games, 835 minutes - avg 12 min/game)

I'm assuming you either didn't watch him last year, or this year, or both. The difference is night and day, and I'm not one to jump at someone outperforming their capabilities for a stretch of games. He has been playing this way all season. The thing with him is he picked up the game REALLY late in life, so this development isn't an aberration (Jeremy Lin), but development with substance to it. I think he will be a difference make for someone. I hope that's us.

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:55 am

eyriq wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:

Yeah I like Kyles versatility. Great passing, good jump shot, great length, strong, and he always measures well in advanced stats. I like Dedmon too, he's even shown glimmers of a post game to go with great athleticism and an insane motor, and even is showing flares of being a finisher.I just think O'Quinn is better.

Except I don't see KOQ the same as his first two seasons here. This season he is focused too much on becoming a stretch 4. I wish he would stop shooting 3s. His first 2 seasons, he was the guy banging down low, getting rebounds, blocking shots, being the enforcer. I don't see much of that from him this season.
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by claudio-br » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:55 am

NEM wrote:
claudio-br wrote:

I'm assuming you either didn't watch him last year, or this year, or both. The difference is night and day, and I'm not one to jump at someone outperforming their capabilities for a stretch of games. He has been playing this way all season. The thing with him is he picked up the game REALLY late in life, so this development isn't an aberration (Jeremy Lin), but development with substance to it. I think he will be a difference make for someone. I hope that's us.

lol dude.... no need to be disrespectful

Well, our predictions weren't really that far off. The thing with him is he really lacks experience (he only played for 2 years at USC, and he was on 3 different teams on his rookie year). It's tough to stick around for too long like that. But since it's not that easy to find 7 footers that can play, teams will probably be more patient with his development
NEM
RealGM

Post#18 » by NEM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 am

claudio-br wrote:
NEM wrote:
claudio-br wrote:He's 25 years old and hasn't really played much in the NBA (Totals: 69 games, 835 minutes - avg 12 min/game)

lol dude.... no need to be disrespectful

Well, our predictions weren't really that far off. The thing with him is he really lacks experience (he only played for 2 years at USC, and he was on 3 different teams on his rookie year). It's tough to stick around for too long like that. But since it's not that easy to find 7 footers that can play, teams will probably be more patient with his development

I don't think any of my comments were disrespectful.

Anyways, I'm just saying that you can clearly see an improvement from him. This time last year he didn't look like an NBA player, just a tall dude who could dunk sometimes. Right now he has this mean stream about him. He has become a great defender and is a difference maker every night. The improvement is clearly visible so I don't think that there is reason to believe he will be out of the league in 5 years

Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#19 » by Baka_La Flame » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 am

What do you guys think about these nicknames

Deadman Walking
Walking Deadmond
DeadIDoThat?(urkel reference)
Insane Dwayne
Dead
DD

Side note i hope him or Nicholson step up enough to force Hennys hand to draft Russell. I don't care that we don't need him. He's the best player in this draft and I that's my unpopular opinion. Dipo needs to put that weight back on so he can play spot mins at the 3. We could get away with playing Elf/Russell/Dipo for about 15-20 mins a night and due to Elfrids poor FT shooting we can sub him in to protect late leads when teams choose to foul. If we didn't have Fournier it would be more likely that we draft Russell but I guess it's a good problem to have. I get there are players that make more sense for us to draft and I love Towns to death but I just fear that we pass on the best player because of what we already have.
NEM
RealGM

Post#20 » by NEM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:42 am

Orlandipo wrote:What do you guys think about these nicknames

Deadman Walking
Walking Deadmond
DeadIDoThat?(urkel reference)
Insane Dwayne
Dead
DD

Side note i hope him or Nicholson step up enough to force Hennys hand to draft Russell. I don't care that we don't need him. He's the best player in this draft and I that's my unpopular opinion. Dipo needs to put that weight back on so he can play spot mins at the 3. We could get away with playing Elf/Russell/Dipo for about 15-20 mins a night and due to Elfrids poor FT shooting we can sub him in to protect late leads when teams choose to foul. If we didn't have Fournier it would be more likely that we draft Russell but I guess it's a good problem to have. I get there are players that make more sense for us to draft and I love Towns to death but I just fear that we pass on the best player because of what we already have.

It's too bad Willie green wears 34. We could have given it to Dedmon and called him 34DD

Return to Orlando Magic