ImageImageImageImage

Magic(19-39) vs. Heat(24-31)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Re: Magic(19-39) vs. Heat(24-31) 

Post#921 » by OrlDave » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:50 am

Noodle Arm wrote:As a Heat fan, I went to the game so I could watch Goran Dragic play in person, but Payton had him on lock down the entire game. My goodness, what a great defender he is. Relentless the entire game.

Since I don't follow your team, I have to ask....what's going on with Kyle O'Quinn? Is he injured? In the dog house? I was surprised he didn't play since he played well the last time these 2 teams played.

KOQ has been fairly ineffective lately. His shot has been off and he's fouling too much. So I think JB lost confidence in him.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#922 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:30 am

Immature Luigi wrote:Running the offense through Vuc is not a good thing? dude is an elite scorer

Elite? No way. How do you define elite?

And KOQ is ineffective when he's standing around the 3 point arc which he has been for a lot of the season. Same place Drew is ineffective from. Because they are not real stretch 4's.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#923 » by cedric76 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 am

We lose close game because elf doesn't handle the ball in close games

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Re: 

Post#924 » by thelead » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 pm

cedric76 wrote:We lose close game because elf doesn't handle the ball in close games

Elf doesn't have the ball in his hands late in games because he can't shoot free throws.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#925 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:35 pm

thelead wrote:
cedric76 wrote:We lose close game because elf doesn't handle the ball in close games

Elf doesn't have the ball in his hands late in games because he can't shoot free throws.

That's what I like to call cutting off the nose to spite the face.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
thelead
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#926 » by thelead » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
thelead wrote:

That's what I like to call cutting off the nose to spite the face.

It wouldn't be a problem if we had a legit scorer to give the ball to. I don't know what the hell happened to Tobias' game and Dipo has forgotten how to shoot and no longer is taking mid-range shoots and floaters.

Dipo and Elf better learn how to shoot.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#927 » by cedric76 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 pm

thelead wrote:

Even if they do hackaelf and he shots 50% , we d still have more chances to win the game as we have now.

I don't trust t12 or dipo with the rock in the last minutes

thelead
RealGM

Post#928 » by thelead » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:52 pm

cedric76 wrote:
thelead wrote:

Even if they do hackaelf and he shots 50% , we d still have more chances to win the game as we have now.

If you feel that way, you must also think we have a huge problem then. Right?

If so, how do you think we fix that problem?
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#929 » by mojosodope » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 pm

cedric76 wrote:
thelead wrote:

What about Vuc's? Becuase that's who we fed it to every possession at the end of the last game.

We put the ball in Vuc's hand nearly every-time at the end of this game.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#930 » by KillMonger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:Running the offense through Vuc is not a good thing? dude is an elite scorer

And KOQ is ineffective when he's standing around the 3 point arc which he has been for a lot of the season. Same place Drew is ineffective from. Because they are not real stretch 4's.

do your own homework lol, the numbers don't lie man. Vuc would be even more effective if we haven't had such a flux of different offensive philosophies. First we were playing slow and not running, then we started to run, then coach got fired and we're doing some sort of combination of both. What we need is a set system where everyone knows their role but until that point yeah i think it's a no brainer to run the offense through your best player.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#931 » by tooler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

I think they are trying out Vic and Vuc in that closer role to mixed results.

No reason not to give it to Tobias to see how he does too, or even Elfrid. It's mostly a lost season anyway.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#932 » by NickAnderson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 pm

cedric76 wrote:
thelead wrote:

You can't be serious, have you seen some of the last mintue and game winner Tobais has hit?

And how do you except them to learn how to close games if you don't give them the ball because you don't trust them?? This is what we call growing pains of a young team. It takes time to develop young players.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#933 » by tooler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Tobias has hit some huge shots but I don't recall them ever giving him the ball to wind down the shot clock and run a play, to protect a lead for example. Can anyone think of an example? I know he's had clutch isos and post-ups just maybe not in the last 45 seconds.

Might as well try it.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#934 » by NickAnderson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 pm

^I can't really recall a specfic example but like you said, might as well and he's proven to be clutch at times.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#935 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm fine with not giving harris looks late in games this season, especially if he's struggling. Games like the other night will only hurt his value, even if it's just chipping away at it, and that's a good thing if we're hoping to retain him. We already know he can make some big shots, so let's not give him tons of opportunities to build on those and guarantee himself a max deal from these meaningless games. Give those opportunities to our other young players who aren't playing for a contract.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#936 » by woosah » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 pm

hmph. just heard this and wonder if this is because Silver was at this game and observed the major foolery.
NEW YORK -- The NBA will begin revealing whether it determined referees' crunch-time calls to be right or wrong.

Starting Monday and continuing throughout the playoffs, the league will release play-by-play reports of all calls and relevant no-calls in the final minutes of close games. Such information had been shared only internally.

The assessments will be released by 5 p.m. ET the day after each game and will stand as the league's comment on whether the most disputed calls were correct. The reports will focus on the last two minutes of games that were within five points at the two-minute mark and all of any overtime periods.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#937 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

do your own homework lol, the numbers don't lie man. Vuc would be even more effective if we haven't had such a flux of different offensive philosophies. First we were playing slow and not running, then we started to run, then coach got fired and we're doing some sort of combination of both. What we need is a set system where everyone knows their role but until that point yeah i think it's a no brainer to run the offense through your best player.

An elite scorer is someone that is unstoppable 1 on 1. An elite scorer gets to the FT line. Sorry, that isn't Vuc.

And it's pretty obvious that the ball should be in Elf's hands in the 4th quarter. You give the ball to your best playmaker. That's Elfrid. He hasn't even had a chance to shoot FT's in those situations yet so how do we know it'll be this big disaster?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#938 » by Bensational » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:51 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:An elite scorer is someone that is unstoppable 1 on 1. An elite scorer gets to the FT line. Sorry, that isn't Vuc.

And it's pretty obvious that the ball should be in Elf's hands in the 4th quarter. You give the ball to your best playmaker. That's Elfrid. He hasn't even had a chance to shoot FT's in those situations yet so how do we know it'll be this big disaster?

Vuc is elite in the sense that he scores with an efficiency that not many big men are able to match, and in a variety of ways. between his long range jumpers and his hook shots, he does a pretty good job of being nearly unstoppable 1 on 1, and even better when he's trailing Elf.

you put the ball in Elf's hands at the end of the game, sure, but i'm gonna say that over 50% of the time he'll be looking to get the ball to Vuc, because he's our best and most consistent scorer.

i guess they're really a tandem. Vuc gets a lot more easy looks because of the work Elf does, and Elf is able to find him because Vuc moves so well. so yeah, i can see a case there for Vuc not being as elite in that regards.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#939 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:16 am

Bensational wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:An elite scorer is someone that is unstoppable 1 on 1. An elite scorer gets to the FT line. Sorry, that isn't Vuc.

Vuc is elite in the sense that he scores with an efficiency that not many big men are able to match, and in a variety of ways. between his long range jumpers and his hook shots, he does a pretty good job of being nearly unstoppable 1 on 1, and even better when he's trailing Elf.

you put the ball in Elf's hands at the end of the game, sure, but i'm gonna say that over 50% of the time he'll be looking to get the ball to Vuc, because he's our best and most consistent scorer.

i guess they're really a tandem. Vuc gets a lot more easy looks because of the work Elf does, and Elf is able to find him because Vuc moves so well. so yeah, i can see a case there for Vuc not being as elite in that regards.

I'm just saying, people throw out these words too easily. James Harden, Kevin Durant, LeBron James. Those guys are elite scorers. Vuc obviously isn't in that class.

And I'm just saying Elf should be handling the ball in 4th quarters. Not who he should or shouldn't pass to.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#940 » by KillMonger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Elite? No way. How do you define elite?

An elite scorer is someone that is unstoppable 1 on 1. An elite scorer gets to the FT line. Sorry, that isn't Vuc.

well the numbers that i've seen seem to suggest that even though Vuc doesn't get to the line, he still is an elite scorer. It's one thing to be an opinion, it's another thing when the numbers are staring you right in the face. To be honest Vuc not getting to the line right now is a silver lining because say if he got to the line as much as a demarcus cousins Vuc would be a 24-27 PPG scorer. The fact that he doesn't get to the line that much and he's still putting up near All star Caliber numbers screams elite to me. Let me be clear, i mean elite offensively that is not to confuse people.

Return to Orlando Magic