ImageImageImageImage

Magic(19-39) vs. Heat(24-31)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Magic(19-39) vs. Heat(24-31) 

Post#841 » by OrlandO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 am

I was frustrated, but then I watched a highlight of dante exum getting dunked on by jordan clarkson after turning the ball over on a lazy pass. A real stress reliever that dante exum is...
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#842 » by OrlDave » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 am

OrlandoNed wrote:Why did Vucevic hold the ball so low when he was doubled Wade and Dragic? You'd think a 7 foot tall basketball player would be smart enough to realize he could hold it out of reach and not turn it over. **** dumbass.

I honestly think he expected to be fouled (and frankly they DID foul him they were grabbing all over).
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#843 » by thelead » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:53 am

digg211 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Zmill wrote:
Dude. :lol:. Stop.

It was a serious question. I can't say that I know first hand but I would imagine that I would be more proud of the magic if they won with a team that was built from the ground up than just grabbing a top player and ten sering that player leave. I always thought the same about the Marlins championship that was bought.

I don't recall McGrady and Hill growing up within the Magic system. Miami hit the free agency jackpot in 2010. If Orlando had the cap space back then, they would have done the same.

Good game tonight. You guys got a bunch of young studs.

I know that... That wasn't the point.

BTW, it sucks that Bosh went down. After the trade you were looking REALLY dangerous. Whiteside is the real deal.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#844 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:54 am

digg211 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Zmill wrote:
Dude. :lol:. Stop.

It was a serious question. I can't say that I know first hand but I would imagine that I would be more proud of the magic if they won with a team that was built from the ground up than just grabbing a top player and ten sering that player leave. I always thought the same about the Marlins championship that was bought.

I don't recall McGrady and Hill growing up within the Magic system. Miami hit the free agency jackpot in 2010. If Orlando had the cap space back then, they would have done the same.

I sure as hell wouldn't turn away what happened to Miami in 2010 if that were us lol. BUT every time I went out wearing my teams gear I would have the urge to explain myself to everyone as not a band wagoner, it must be tough for true long time Miami fans putting up with the cringe worthy bandwagon that is still strong there.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#845 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 am

FFBlitzace wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:No offense to people who are trying to find a silver lining here with the "learning" angle, but come on. These are obvious things. Even if they weren't, what was left to be learned after the Chicago game? And do we still have things to learn after this one? Do we need to blow a few more commanding leads before class is no longer in session?

"Ok, so passing it in to Vucevic under the opponent's basket, against swarming defense, is a bad idea...but what about Dedmon? Let's try that next time! And if it doesn't work, hey, at least we'll know!"

Think of it like budging your paycheck. You will keep living paycheck to paycheck until you are sick and tired of it and learn how use your money wisely.

It's a good analogy, but it also serves to illustrate my fear, and why I'm choosing to be angry over this loss and not the other 100+ losses over the past few seasons. My fear is that we're among the large percentage of people who will never learn to budget wisely.

I understand what you mean but think back to last year. How many heartbreaking games did we have? We had so much trouble just inbounding the ball. And we might not have gotten blown out every game but we were horrible. See, we might not see a huge difference this year but we're speaking about heartbreaking losses and playoffs. We are finally getting it. We'll learn to budget even if it takes 100 heartbreaking losses to do it.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
TreasureCoast
Analyst

Post#846 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 am

OrlandO wrote:I was frustrated, but then I watched a highlight of dante exum getting dunked on by jordan clarkson after turning the ball over on a lazy pass. A real stress reliever that dante exum is...

We need a "Silver Linings" thread and Exum should be the cover post.
ericko
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#847 » by ericko » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 am

Come on enough of the silver lining ****. This team is so freakin dumb and it's so frustrating!
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#848 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 am

OrlDave wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:Why did Vucevic hold the ball so low when he was doubled Wade and Dragic? You'd think a 7 foot tall basketball player would be smart enough to realize he could hold it out of reach and not turn it over. **** dumbass.

I honestly think he expected to be fouled (and frankly they DID foul him they were grabbing all over).

Doesn't matter. He shouldn't of exposed the ball and risked turning it over and he did. He was stupid to assume the ref would have done us any favors. It would not have happened if he simply held the ball over his head.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#849 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 am

FFBlitzace wrote:No offense to people who are trying to find a silver lining here with the "learning" angle, but come on. These are obvious things. Even if they weren't, what was left to be learned after the Chicago game? And do we still have things to learn after this one? Do we need to blow a few more commanding leads before class is no longer in session?

"Ok, so passing it in to Vucevic under the opponent's basket, against swarming defense, is a bad idea...but what about Dedmon? Let's try that next time! And if it doesn't work, hey, at least we'll know!"

How many more times before they know?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#850 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:59 am

OrlDave wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:BTW is Aaron okay?

Sprained right ankle (opposite of his repaired left foot). Not sure how bad.

Thanks
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#851 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:01 am

Just didn't work out. Refs didn't help, but Vooch got good looks in the OT. Too many mistakes in that final minute of regulation.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdX37ew_A8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoUx0Ipbm1I[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHU-iyVm19M[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYBozwl3x44[/youtube]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#852 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 am

This team of choir boys needs to nut up when its time to finish a team off. Zero killer instinct. That's what separates a team of winners and a team of losers.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#853 » by SD2042 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am

RoBo02 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
shadrock wrote:**** the Heat, I love seeing these pricks lose. They are gifted way too much...

That ship has sailed.

What was that again?

Bad loss by bad mistakes. Either way, the Heat still ain't gifted like you think. The Magic bailed the Heat out in this game.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Re: Re: 

Post#854 » by Pure_Basketball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Pure_Basketball wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:How the **** do we blow another under 1 min lead especially to those ****. **** them. Man we outplayed then we deserved and earned that win only to give it away like that. **** those ****.

You guys did outplay us and deserve the win. Our coach is a **** joke, we're playing like a joke at the moment.

They're a "playoff" team and we're already as good as they are. It took a last second 3 from some no name and us shooting bad. Look at that fat Heat fan looking like hes stroking out behind Dante. Fat slob.

Not sure how you're better than us, we're still missing two of our best 6 players and one of them is earning 20 million a season. Like I said though we have a trash coach, if we had a better one our record would be much better than it is tonight. It doesn't matter who the 3 was from the guy is a 45% 3 point shooter. Future is bright in Orlando, I love Vucevic, Harris, Oladipo look like great players off the future, that's a nice core.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#855 » by InFlames » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 am

Is there a reason AG only played 8 minutes after going 3/3 with good defense?
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#856 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 am

Beast_Reality wrote:
digg211 wrote:
thelead wrote:It was a serious question. I can't say that I know first hand but I would imagine that I would be more proud of the magic if they won with a team that was built from the ground up than just grabbing a top player and ten sering that player leave. I always thought the same about the Marlins championship that was bought.

I sure as hell wouldn't turn away what happened to Miami in 2010 if that were us lol. BUT every time I went out wearing my teams gear I would have the urge to explain myself to everyone as not a band wagoner, it must be tough for true long time Miami fans putting up with the cringe worthy bandwagon that is still strong there.

Every team has there share of bandwagon fans. What, did you think everyone back in the 90's, living outside of Chicago was a Bulls fan? People, including myself pulled for them(when Miami was out of the playoff picture) because of #23. Cleveland has the same thing going on now that Bron is back there. Though not sure how many bandwagon fans are around for a team that is 6 games under .500, unless you are referring to Wade/Bosh fans?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#857 » by woosah » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:10 am

InFlames wrote:Is there a reason AG only played 8 minutes after going 3/3 with good defense?

came down funny on his right ankle and went out of the game
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#858 » by Truth24 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:14 am

woosah wrote:
InFlames wrote:Is there a reason AG only played 8 minutes after going 3/3 with good defense?

came down funny on his right ankle and went out of the game

What sucks is that I felt JB was going to give him a lot of minutes tonight because of his defense on deng, but he sprained his ankle.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#859 » by j-ragg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 am

It's not like AG would've played much more anyway. It's so frustrating, he impacts the game a lot.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
TreasureCoast
Analyst

Post#860 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:16 am

digg211 wrote:
Beast_Reality wrote:
digg211 wrote:

Every team has there share of bandwagon fans. What, did you think everyone back in the 90's, living outside of Chicago was a Bulls fan? People, including myself pulled for them(when Miami was out of the playoff picture) because of #23. Cleveland has the same thing going on now that Bron is back there. Though not sure how many bandwagon fans are around for a team that is 6 games under .500, unless you are referring to Wade/Bosh fans?

It hits home with me because my younger brother was a Heat bandwagon fan, now he is a Cleveland bandwagon fan. It is pathetic, he may cheer on multiple championships but if it takes 50 years for Orlando to get one, just that one will be so much sweeter. hopefully I live long enough :(

Return to Orlando Magic