ImageImageImageImage

Oladipo's true ceiling

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Re: Oladipo's true ceiling 

Post#201 » by jgosche » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:35 pm

I remember last year when people were wondering why Afflalo was getting more minutes than Oladipo while AA was scoring nearly 20 PPG on 57.4 TS% and Oladipo had a TS% of 51.4% on a lower clip.

People here took Afflalo for granted because he was a "vet".

On Oladipo though, he's showing significant improvements in his second year, he's going to keep getting better. It's not a coincidence that he improved exponentially at Indiana and has been doing it here as well, he works his ass off and he's a great learner. I think he'll be a 20 PPG next season. I also think we'll make the playoffs though so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :P

And I don't think perennial all-star is an unreasonable ceiling. I think he could be a small notch below Wade when it's all said and done.

And can we please stop trashing Vucevic like it's all his fault our defense sucks? Defense is a team concept and it largely falls on the shoulders of coaching. A "rim protector" makes your defense better but replace Vuc with a guy like Deandre Jordan this year and the team is in the same position.

A good coach and time. That's all this team needs, especially considering we're getting another good pick this year.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Oladipo's true ceiling 

Post#202 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:32 pm

It doesn't matter. This franchise's hopes don't rest on Dipo becoming Dwyane Wade. We have a lot of young talent and we still don't know what it will look like when it's all said and done.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Orlando Magic