ImageImageImageImage

Boogie love affair

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: Boogie love affair 

Post#81 » by Kings2013 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:40 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Sacramento currently ranks 18th in offense even though they have two gold medalists in their starting lineup. The Clippers are 1st in offense and Dallas is 5th. Taking it Further, the top 5 offenses are Clippers, warriors, Raptors, Cleveland, Dallas and then there is a drop. Not one of those centers is a jump shooter. This is not a coincidence. In order to achieve this, you need to score more than a point per possession. For this to happen, you need to make more than half your shots (Boogie doesn't), take care of the ball (Boogie doesn't), or get fouled (Boogie does do this, but only when he goes to the post. Teams are happy when he shoots jumpers). Guys who make all their shots and don't turn the ball over are good for offense. No way to spin that.

I think from our perspective those elements can be improved upon. Under Malone he was efficient, the team quit on Corbin and a higher percentage of his looks came away from the basket under Corbin , rendering him a stretch 5 almost. He creates, handles and gets more coverage than most centers, but the boneheaded stuff needs to stop. It was surprise me if under Karl you didn't see an end to a lot of the turnovers and Cousins in a better position on his shots. IMO he needs a hard nosed coach, teaching and holding him accountable
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#82 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Sacramento currently ranks 18th in offense even though they have two gold medalists in their starting lineup. The Clippers are 1st in offense and Dallas is 5th. Taking it Further, the top 5 offenses are Clippers, warriors, Raptors, Cleveland, Dallas and then there is a drop. Not one of those centers is a jump shooter. This is not a coincidence. In order to achieve this, you need to score more than a point per possession. For this to happen, you need to make more than half your shots (Boogie doesn't), take care of the ball (Boogie doesn't), or get fouled (Boogie does do this, but only when he goes to the post. Teams are happy when he shoots jumpers). Guys who make all their shots and don't turn the ball over are good for offense. No way to spin that.

I think from our perspective those elements can be improved upon. Under Malone he was efficient, the team quit on Corbin and a higher percentage of his looks came away from the basket under Corbin , rendering him a stretch 5 almost. He creates, handles and gets more coverage than most centers, but the boneheaded stuff needs to stop. It was surprise me if under Karl you didn't see an end to a lot of the turnovers and Cousins in a better position on his shots. IMO he needs a hard nosed coach, teaching and holding him accountable

I'm not denying that he has it in him to play like Shaq and average 25 PPG on 60% shooting. My issue is that he actually chooses not to. As long as he's the stretch 5 doing boneheaded stuff as you described, I don't really see why he should be rated higher. I was rating them as I see them today. Not really considering potential.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Unreal of course Dallas/clippers rank high in offense have you seen there team. Sacramento has 3 good offensive players and the rest of the guys wouldn't play 15min on other teams. You've watched probably 2 kings games this year but since there's 0 shooters on the team other teams triple team cousins and dare the worst shooting 3pt team in the league to do just that. But if the had jordan I'm sure we would be fighting for the 1st seed

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The Mavs lineup:
PG Rondo can't shoot and actually made them worse on offense.
SG Monta also can't shoot
SF Parsons is having his worst year since he was a rookie
PF Dirk is having his worst season since his second year
C Chandler

Roll into that the time Parsons has missed (hello Aminu) and the fact that Rondo and Carlisle hate each other so they see a lot of JJ Barea and I'm wondering why you don't think Rudy Gay is more help than those guys. It's not like I'm comparing 5th to 10th. It's 5th vs 18th. That's a wide gap. I don't care the reason, if you are scoring at worse than league average efficiency, you aren't a great offensive player.

On the Kings Rudy, Mclemore, Collison, Landry, Derrick Williams, and Casspi all have higher TS% (which accounts for the free throws) than Cousins. So of their top 8 in minutes played so far, Cousins is a better scorer than only Jason Thompson. Blaming his teammates is not the solution.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#84 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:03 pm

HahahahaHAHAHA
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#85 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:36 pm

I would trade Harris and this years 1st for Cousins.

Payton
Oladipo
Aaron
Boogie
Vooch

Roll the dice henny. Prolly just as well as hoping some rookie and resigning Harris gets this team anywhere.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Boogie love affair 

Post#86 » by Max Power » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 pm

I'm enjoying reading this Jkam31 guy coming in here all hot and pissy about our opinions on Cousins. Is he buying your food or just your hookers? Go back to your own board prick!

Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Boogie love affair 

Post#87 » by Jkam31 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 am

Max Power wrote:I'm enjoying reading this Jkam31 guy coming in here all hot and pissy about our opinions on Cousins. Is he buying your food or just your hookers? Go back to your own board prick!

Damn my feelings are hurt gotta love internet tough guys

Max Power
Head Coach

Boogie love affair 

Post#88 » by Max Power » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:02 am

Internet tough guy? Lol. You know I've beaten cancer so I really don't sweat you. Anyway, you started the matter if I recall. Maybe if you didn't let criticisms of Demarcus Cousins obliterate your blood pressure you could have a civil discussion. Get some perspective sir. Nobody here said the guy was a scrub.

Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Boogie love affair 

Post#89 » by Jkam31 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:42 am

Max Power wrote:Internet tough guy? Lol. You know I've beaten cancer so I really don't sweat you. Anyway, you started the matter if I recall. Maybe if you didn't let criticisms of Demarcus Cousins obliterate your blood pressure you could have a civil discussion. Get some perspective sir. Nobody here said the guy was a scrub.

There no reason to call people pricks I never attacked anyone don't see why you would. If you wanted to talk cousins that's fair but to just come in and starting call people names for no reason is uncalled for. And I didn't overreact to Couins talk when someone is rating him at 10 on a centers list. I'm pretty sure 100% of us can say that is crazy whether you like cousins or not

Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#90 » by Baka_La Flame » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:03 am

Woah this went left. Back on topic. I like the idea of trading tobias and our pick for Cousins. I think the Kings would be intrigued. We could even sweeten the deal by throwing in Nicholson or Frye. I would offer the same package for Ibaka
Max Power
Head Coach

Boogie love affair 

Post#91 » by Max Power » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
Max Power wrote:Internet tough guy? Lol. You know I've beaten cancer so I really don't sweat you. Anyway, you started the matter if I recall. Maybe if you didn't let criticisms of Demarcus Cousins obliterate your blood pressure you could have a civil discussion. Get some perspective sir. Nobody here said the guy was a scrub.

There no reason to call people pricks I never attacked anyone don't see why you would. If you wanted to talk cousins that's fair but to just come in and starting call people names for no reason is uncalled for. And I didn't overreact to Couins talk when someone is rating him at 10 on a centers list. I'm pretty sure 100% of us can say that is crazy whether you like cousins or not

Um, JKam, you came in here and immediately called me clueless for a statement that was 100% accurate. May want to re-check that. I never said Cousins was 10th, I in fact would have him number 2 on my board at worst. Only a fully healthy Dwight Howard is a better center than him right now. Now, can we continue this civilly? If your game I am.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#92 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Max Power wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Um, JKam, you came in here and immediately called me clueless for a statement that was 100% accurate. May want to re-check that. I never said Cousins was 10th, I in fact would have him number 2 on my board at worst. Only a fully healthy Dwight Howard is a better center than him right now. Now, can we continue this civilly? If your game I am.

The thing is, it's not too crazy. The NBA coaches clearly think both Gasols, Duncan, and Horford are better or else the all-star voting wouldn't have been that way. That means he probably shouldn't be higher than 5th. I value efficient scorers and don't like guys who shoot 46% and take a bulk of their teams shots so I easily put him behind Chandler and Jordan. That drops him to 7th. The rest is just opinion. I'm doubtful that I'm the only person on this board who would rather have Vucevic
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Kings2013 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:09 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
Max Power wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

The thing is, it's not too crazy. The NBA coaches clearly think both Gasols, Duncan, and Horford are better or else the all-star voting wouldn't have been that way. That means he probably shouldn't be higher than 5th. I value efficient scorers and don't like guys who shoot 46% and take a bulk of their teams shots so I easily put him behind Chandler and Jordan. That drops him to 7th. The rest is just opinion. I'm doubtful that I'm the only person on this board who would rather have Vucevic

47% more like and there are a lot (majority?) of team leading scorers that shoot less. Westbrook and Harden shoot less than 45%, the two leading scorers in the league. Coaches place emphasis on selecting players from winning teams to the all star.

Defensively Cuz has one of the best on court/off court +/-, DRPM, and Per 36 Def rebound, steals, blocks in the league. He's becoming elite defensively which is why we aren't looking to move him
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:
Max Power wrote:

47% more like and there are a lot (majority?) of team leading scorers that shoot less. Westbrook and Harden shoot less than 45%, the two leading scorers in the league. Coaches place emphasis on selecting players from winning teams to the all star.

Defensively Cuz has one of the best on court/off court +/-, DRPM, and Per 36 Def rebound, steals, blocks in the league. He's becoming elite defensively which is why we aren't looking to move him

Westbrook and Harden also take a lot of shots that are worth an additional point. Harden has an efg of .517 which is above average. Cousins is at 46% which is well below average. The math isn't that hard. As for RPM, the reason most smart people don't trust it is the "bad backup" fallacy. Having Reggie Evans as your backup will make you look really good by comparison. Back in the day Dwight, never looked as he should because when he sat, we had Gortat giving us above average production so there wasn't much of a drop. I think Boogie is good defensively, but I can't put him on the level with Jordan, Chandler, Gasol, and Gobert because he fouls a lot more than they do. That's a part of defense.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by Kings2013 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Are you taking into account the rate at which he goes to the line? Third in the league
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#97 » by Viper1500 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Harris and 2015' is definitely not enough, unless Sac has an extreme amount of interest in Harris and know that some other team will offer the max.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Are you taking into account the rate at which he goes to the line? Third in the league

He does get to the line a ton, but it doesn't really make up for the rest of his missed shots and turnovers. I'm not saying he's not capable of being dominant. I just think that someone gave him some bad advice and now he shoots jumpers and turns the ball over like he's Antoine Walker. The idea that you are a better offensive player just because you have diversity is false. Shaq dominated the NBA by never being foolish enough to think he needed a 15 foot jumper in his arsenal. If Boogie ever decided to live on the block, he would be destructive. That's why I called him a bigger Josh Smith. He has the skill, but doesn't seem to be willing.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Boogie love affair 

Post#99 » by cedric76 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Let's wait till dmc request for a trade, if he doesn't good for the kings, if he does, orlando has assets to go after him (if they decide that he is worth it)

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#100 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Harris and 2015' is definitely not enough, unless Sac has an extreme amount of interest in Harris and know that some other team will offer the max.

We will throw in Frye and Bum Garbage as well!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic