ImageImageImageImage

THE Aaron Gordon thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Re: THE Aaron Gordon thread 

Post#561 » by OrlDave » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
uraverage wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:The main question I want to know an answer too is if The Magic consider him to be a 3 or a 4.

I think he is a 4 and which ever way The Magic feel, could have a huge impact on who if they Draft a small forward or a big.

I don't think we will have this answer until we see if Harris is resigned or walks. If we keep Harris, Aaron is a 4. If we let Harris walk Aaron is a 3....

This is also true but I still think who The Magic draft is a bigger factor.

Yeah that's exactly my thoughts. I think he can play either spot, but if we take WCS, Kristaps or Turner, then obviously there are less minutes at the 4. If we take Winslow, Mario or Mudiay, then we have more need for him at 4.

One of the issues we currently have, and it's a good issue longterm, is we have 6 high upside players to develop (VO, EP, AG, TH, NV and EF) and another coming in the draft. No matter who we draft, someone is not going to start (Evan already doesn't). Hopefully they all get minutes regardless.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#562 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:08 pm

OrlDave wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
uraverage wrote:
I don't think we will have this answer until we see if Harris is resigned or walks. If we keep Harris, Aaron is a 4. If we let Harris walk Aaron is a 3....

This is also true but I still think who The Magic draft is a bigger factor.

Yeah that's exactly my thoughts. I think he can play either spot, but if we take WCS, Kristaps or Turner, then obviously there are less minutes at the 4. If we take Winslow, Mario or Mudiay, then we have more need for him at 4.

One of the issues we currently have, and it's a good issue longterm, is we have 6 high upside players to develop (VO, EP, AG, TH, NV and EF) and another coming in the draft. No matter who we draft, someone is not going to start (Evan already doesn't). Hopefully they all get minutes regardless.

Spot on.

They also have some decent bench players in Frye, Dedmon along with Maurice Harkless who coach Skiles might be able to get something out of.

In addition, they have cap space too.

I am really excited about how the young players will grow next year and what moves are made this off season.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#563 » by Instincts » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Yep, high quality problem.

Let them compete for minutes and starting spots. Also with an 8 deep roster if you include Dedmon, the sales pitch from Skiles should be that "we have enough talent to compete with any team in the nba, we will need all 8 to make any serious playoff push or more". If everyone buys in, then the win total will jump substantially next year
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#564 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:05 pm

What kind of role does everyone see for AG next season? Now i would love for him to be in the Starting lineup but i don't see that happening with Tobias still here unless Skiles wants to play with a small ball PF. For me i just want the leash to be off, AG is capable of a lot more than he showed this past season. I just hope Skiles can get a lot out of him and allow him to be himself on the court, if that can happen i can see him reaching that potential. I mean we did draft him #4th overall for something right?
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#565 » by Neon1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:What kind of role does everyone see for AG next season? Now i would love for him to be in the Starting lineup but i don't see that happening with Tobias still here unless Skiles wants to play with a small ball PF. For me i just want the leash to be off, AG is capable of a lot more than he showed this past season. I just hope Skiles can get a lot out of him and allow him to be himself on the court, if that can happen i can see him reaching that potential. I mean we did draft him #4th overall for something right?

Unless one or both of Elfrid and Gordon (and Oladipo to a lesser extent) improve their shooting exponentially I just do not see how you can play Elfrid, Oladipo and all Aaron starting together for mass minutes and expect to win. Tobias in Orlando or no Tobias in Orlando.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#566 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:10 am

I just watched the first Wolves game and man, AG looked really good that game. Seriously, I'd have zero issues starting him with Vic and Elf. Kid has tons of potential and was the absolute right pick at #4.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#567 » by seeingstars » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 am

Nyce_1 wrote:I just watched the first Wolves game and man, AG looked really good that game. Seriously, I'd have zero issues starting him with Vic and Elf. Kid has tons of potential and was the absolute right pick at #4.

YouTube or BT?
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: Re: THE Aaron Gordon thread 

Post#568 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 am

seeingstars wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I just watched the first Wolves game and man, AG looked really good that game. Seriously, I'd have zero issues starting him with Vic and Elf. Kid has tons of potential and was the absolute right pick at #4.

YouTube or BT?
TiVo. I saved a bunch of games for the dog days of summer. All the wins + all the losses we played well in.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Re: Re: THE Aaron Gordon thread 

Post#569 » by seeingstars » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:59 am

seeingstars wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

YouTube or BT?
TiVo. I saved a bunch of games for the dog days of summer. All the wins + all the losses we played well in.

You rascal. But yeah Aaron was awesome that game and I'd expect that production from him much more frequently this coming season.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#570 » by Neon1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:16 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9DSuq7pVpM&list=PLriGCiusxwBgGWgCi8vKQunJSFv4aJIa0[/youtube]
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,146

Post#571 » by Def Swami » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:36 pm

Bump. The legend continues...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZOwRFtk0I[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJLdvBoHAtU[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dzn-f0jTw[/youtube]

3 strong, dominant games by AG. And his jumper looks like it has come a long way in a short amount of time. I never expected him to have that much confidence in it so quickly. If he can consistently knock down those perimeter shots (which I believe he can), I feel more comfortable with AG being the stretch 4 we've sought.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#572 » by Melvinlocker » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:52 pm

Def Swami wrote:Bump. The legend continues...

3 strong, dominant games by AG. And his jumper looks like it has come a long way in a short amount of time. I never expected him to have that much confidence in it so quickly. If he can consistently knock down those perimeter shots (which I believe he can), I feel more comfortable with AG being the stretch 4 we've sought.

His progress has been very encouraging to this point in Summer League. I predict a solid leap in minutes and production next year. I'm thinking about 8 pts and 6 rebs in about 24 minutes a game. Once he hits his third year in the league, I think he will have production that is reminiscent of rookie Shawn Marion.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#573 » by Skin » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:54 pm

He's a Lebron-esque SF type. He might even be bigger and more muscular than Lebron when Lebron was 19.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#574 » by fklt » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:57 pm

Melvinlocker wrote:His progress has been very encouraging to this point in Summer League. I predict a solid leap in minutes and production next year. I'm thinking about 8 pts and 6 rebs in about 24 minutes a game. Once he hits his third year in the league, I think he will have production that is reminiscent of rookie Shawn Marion.

dude that's the same per36 with his rookie year. what kind of a leap is that :lol:
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#575 » by Anti Chalmers » Tue Jul 7, 2015 10:13 pm

He needs to start. Or given atleast 26-28 mins off the bench.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#576 » by Melvinlocker » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:00 pm

fklt wrote:
Melvinlocker wrote:His progress has been very encouraging to this point in Summer League. I predict a solid leap in minutes and production next year. I'm thinking about 8 pts and 6 rebs in about 24 minutes a game. Once he hits his third year in the league, I think he will have production that is reminiscent of rookie Shawn Marion.

dude that's the same per36 with his rookie year. what kind of a leap is that :lol:

I think the leap in production will be more apparent with his passing, TO%, block/steal rates and his overall efficiency. The minutes increase will temper his totals to some extent IMO, but I could be wrong. I'm really high on him, but I don't want to put unrealistic expectations on a 19 year old. He has terrific potential though (I was one of the first to mention the Marion and Hill comps as the super high end of his ceiling).
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#577 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:09 am

Def Swami wrote:Bump. The legend continues...

So much potential. And to think he's only scratching the surface at 19.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#578 » by Hogified05 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:47 am

I was expecting to see some improvement out of AG this summer league but damn this is beyond what I expected. Hopefully he can carry this into the season. Still so so young.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Post#579 » by tooler » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:05 am

I'd love to know how young Aaron still is compared to the rest of the league even after the 2015 draft class enters the NBA. I assume just about all the freshmen are younger than him but that September birthday is pretty crazy. For example, Exum turns 20 in a week!
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#580 » by DontPushMe » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:11 am

Skin wrote:He's a Lebron-esque SF type. He might even be bigger and more muscular than Lebron when Lebron was 19.

Lebron comparison aside, he looks great and its definitely promising to see this hump from him.

Still, its summer league. Can't put too high of expectations on him. I'm pleasantly surprised thus far though.
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.

Return to Orlando Magic