ImageImageImageImage

THE Aaron Gordon thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Re: THE Aaron Gordon thread 

Post#461 » by magicfan217 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Aaron Gordon has a chance to be a star. Give him some time. The amount of improvement on his shot alone from college to year 1 in the NBA was outstanding. Let's see what he comes back like next year,
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#462 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 15, 2015 6:06 pm

seeingstars wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:"Waste of a draft pick" idiots :roll:

So because he made a promo clip of hitting a shot and then dunking in practice he is going to be a star. Some of you people blow my mind.

Go to the trade board and look how other people view Aaron Gordon. (Spoiler: They dont think he is very good. Average might be a stretch.)
No. It could be a clip of Aaron Gordon taking a runny dump and I'd still say anyone that thinks he's a wasted draft pick is an effing moron who should probably watch another sport. AG's ceiling is a more athletic, better shooting version of Sawn Marion and he'll reach that. People on the trade board are nobodies with an opinion. Just because they have the same opinions doesn't mean a damn thing. :lol: The trade board. Its just a bunch of arm chair realGM'ers what makes them so special? If they all say I'm going to win a million bucks will it happen? wtf? :lol:
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#463 » by Patrick1978 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
seeingstars wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
So because he made a promo clip of hitting a shot and then dunking in practice he is going to be a star. Some of you people blow my mind.

Go to the trade board and look how other people view Aaron Gordon. (Spoiler: They dont think he is very good. Average might be a stretch.)
No. It could be a clip of Aaron Gordon taking a runny dump and I'd still say anyone that thinks he's a wasted draft pick is an effing moron who should probably watch another sport. AG's ceiling is a more athletic, better shooting version of Sawn Marion and he'll reach that. People on the trade board are nobodies with an opinion. Just because they have the same opinions doesn't mean a damn thing. :lol: The trade board. Its just a bunch of arm chair realGM'ers what makes them so special? If they all say I'm going to win a million bucks will it happen? wtf? :lol:

I agree 100%
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#464 » by seeingstars » Fri May 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

I agree 100%

8-)
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#465 » by tiderulz » Fri May 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
seeingstars wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

so what im hearing is, no one's opinion is better than anyones elses. So your opinion and my opinion on AG could be just as right or just as wrong.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#466 » by seeingstars » Sat May 16, 2015 12:56 am

tiderulz wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

so what im hearing is, no one's opinion is better than anyones elses. So your opinion and my opinion on AG could be just as right or just as wrong.

No. All negative speak of Arron is poppycock.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#467 » by Skin » Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 am

I'd worry about Air Gordon if he didn't display the work ethic and character that he has.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
WillCmeAsRomans
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#468 » by WillCmeAsRomans » Sat May 16, 2015 2:00 am

The video that Aaron posted was a response to a dunk that was going viral. I don't think this video is the most of what he can do, but showing that the video that was circulating wasn't that spectacular. I can't find the original video unfortunately xD
Twitter: @willdawsonn
The Other Ankle
Junior
And1: 260

Post#469 » by The Other Ankle » Sun May 17, 2015 3:45 am

Skin wrote:I'd worry about Air Gordon if he didn't display the work ethic and character that he has.

The only thing that I worry about is weird foot injuries.

We can watch and see what AG becomes and it should be fun!

I'm eager to see what the consensus redraft for the 2014 class might be in three years or so. I think we may have landed two of the top five players at #4 and #10, in which case Rob will be set for life in this business.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#470 » by MagicFan32 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:30 am

people getting hype about a short video on an empty basketball court.....
let's see that jumpshot improve in actual games
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
German Magican
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#471 » by German Magican » Thu May 21, 2015 10:50 am

Someone belive that Henni could see him as an starting option for next year next to Vuc?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#472 » by tiderulz » Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

The Other Ankle wrote:
Skin wrote:I'd worry about Air Gordon if he didn't display the work ethic and character that he has.

The only thing that I worry about is weird foot injuries.

We can watch and see what AG becomes and it should be fun!

I'm eager to see what the consensus redraft for the 2014 class might be in three years or so. I think we may have landed two of the top five players at #4 and #10, in which case Rob will be set for life in this business.

it will be interesting. Because right now, we have a top-10 and a 2nd rounder, based on court production which i know is hampered by AG's injuries
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#473 » by Instincts » Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 pm

You are right that the foot injury is of some concern.

But that aside A.Gordon has the the star potential everyone is clamoring for. We knew he would need the three year development time.

He is the top prospect on this team and the last player to be moved in any trade or draft night shuffling.

And the S.Marion comparisons, while not without basis, sell A.Gordon's potential short. Marion was never, especially at 19, anywhere near the play maker or ball handler Gordon is now. At some point in his career Gordon will be capable of the point forward role, ala recent B.Griffin, young L.Odom, even L.James. If you want to use Marion as a comparison, think of him as a floor. A lot depends on the continued development of the outside and midrange shot, if that comes in the next three years, watch out, the sky is the limit
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#474 » by Patrick1978 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Instincts wrote:You are right that the foot injury is of some concern.

But that aside A.Gordon has the the star potential everyone is clamoring for. We knew he would need the three year development time.

He is the top prospect on this team and the last player to be moved in any trade or draft night shuffling.

And the S.Marion comparisons, while not without basis, sell A.Gordon's potential short. Marion was never, especially at 19, anywhere near the play maker or ball handler Gordon is now. At some point in his career Gordon will be capable of the point forward role, ala recent B.Griffin, young L.Odom, even L.James. If you want to use Marion as a comparison, think of him as a floor. A lot depends on the continued development of the outside and midrange shot, if that comes in the next three years, watch out, the sky is the limit

I totally agree
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#475 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu May 21, 2015 5:22 pm

If Gordon can develop a spin move and improve his shot he'll be good at the 3. Too many times this year he got stuck with his dribble because he wasn't able to spin off his defender.

I believe he can develop that. Heck, I'm an 30 and unathletic and was able to develop a spin move last year.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#476 » by Howard Mass » Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Given how Aaron Gordon's shooting was better than advertised and how hard he works, that stretch 4/defensive power forward Orlando needs might very well be on their roster.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#477 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:44 pm

I CANT WAIT TO AG IN THE SUMMER LEAGUE!

I feel as this year he will show why Henny picked him #4
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
FoxToddley
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#478 » by FoxToddley » Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Given how Aaron Gordon's shooting was better than advertised and how hard he works, that stretch 4/defensive power forward Orlando needs might very well be on their roster.

Couldn't agree more. He also has this kind of (for the lack of a better word) 'star quality' about him makes him enjoyable to watch.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#479 » by RYgoBOOM » Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:I CANT WAIT TO AG IN THE SUMMER LEAGUE!

I feel as this year he will show why Henny picked him #4

agreed 110%

I bet henny swings for the fences on our pick....

Payton
Oladipo
Mario H
A Gordon
Vucevic
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#480 » by KingRobb02 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:32 pm

What's the general feeling about Aaron. Do people around here think he's a success, or is it more of a wait and see type of attitude? Does anyone here think he's untouchable?

Return to Orlando Magic