ImageImageImageImage

Magic(20-43) vs. Celtics(25-35)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Re: Magic(20-43) vs. Celtics(25-35) 

Post#581 » by Last Guardian » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:22 pm

j_n wrote:Well, Whiteside has a longer wingspan than anyone in the NBA except for Deandre and Gobert, and he always had great timing and feel, I remember watching him on the Kings a few years ago and never understood why he doesnt get a chance to prove he belongs.

Guys like Dedmon, Payton and Harkless get a reputation of being good defenders because they gamble for blocks and steals and all everyone remembers from them are the times they make these defensive plays but more often than not this over aggressive style of defense creates breakdowns and ends up hurting the team.

Dedmon pick and roll defense is fantastic, his defensive FG% in the paint is elite and 1-on-1 defense is disruptive.

I'll give you guys this....he needs to play more and be able to stay out of foul trouble while playing his usual style....but what I see on the court right now is an elite defensive player.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#582 » by Last Guardian » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:nobody is making excuses for him. JV and JB Held him back he hasn't regressed. Sorry. A 21 year old doesn't suddenly regress this bad. The fact that Nicholson has also seemingly fallen out of favor after showing promise the year before leads me to believe they can't develop talent.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I kind of agree but at the same time we say they haven't developed Drew and Harkless, but they HAVE developed Vuc, Dipo, Payton, Tobias, etc. I think the problem was there was always guys that were going to have to get screwed out of PT because we had too many guys that needed development.

Now more than likely we are going to have another high pick that needs to develop next season.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#583 » by Truth24 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:47 pm

JF5 wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:You guys realize that Hark has mostly played terrible whenever he was given time. He has looked clueless like he just started playing basketball. But its good to see that he brought it yesterday, question always with him will be will he bring it next game?

That's what I've been saying... Its not like Aaron Gordon where he would come out in spotty minutes, and pretty much play relatively well every time he'd enter a game. Hark STUNK UP the joint up until this game. Now all of a sudden people are saying he's being held back by Vaughn, even though under Borrego he looked just as bad until yesterday.

Hopefully he does bring it for the rest of the season. Because if he doesn't people will at that point have no more excuses for him.

Except he hasn't been playing terrible since JV got fired and he got playing time. His energy has been high and his defense has been good.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#584 » by woosah » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:nobody is making excuses for him. JV and JB Held him back he hasn't regressed. Sorry. A 21 year old doesn't suddenly regress this bad. The fact that Nicholson has also seemingly fallen out of favor after showing promise the year before leads me to believe they can't develop talent.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I kind of agree but at the same time we say they haven't developed Drew and Harkless, but they HAVE developed Vuc, Dipo, Payton, Tobias, etc. I think the problem was there was always guys that were going to have to get screwed out of PT because we had too many guys that needed development.

Now more than likely we are going to have another high pick that needs to develop next season.

good point. Trying to determine the franchise players and what role the bigger dogs will play may have left the support guys out. Get ready for fun times next year as we go around and around about
Aaron, Devyn and the pick and whoever is left of AN, Hark and KO. fun times ahead on the board lol.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#585 » by shadrock » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 pm

j_n wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
tooler wrote:I hate to pull a KingRobb02, but he's not even the most impactful defensive center in our division. Whiteside is better, so why wouldn't you give it to him instead every year?

Why does everyone need to be a borderline MVP candidate? Guys like Dedmon are awesome to bring energy off the bench. I say keep him hungry.

To say Dedmon can't and use Whiteside as to why is weird.

Whiteside was in the D-League for 2 years. Heck, he was cut by Memphis in November this season. And then boom, he gets it with Miami. Why Can't Dedmon do it??

Well, Whiteside has a longer wingspan than anyone in the NBA except for Deandre and Gobert, and he always had great timing and feel, I remember watching him on the Kings a few years ago and never understood why he doesnt get a chance to prove he belongs.

Guys like Dedmon, Payton and Harkless get a reputation of being good defenders because they gamble for blocks and steals and all everyone remembers from them are the times they make these defensive plays but more often than not this over aggressive style of defense creates breakdowns and ends up hurting the team.

Seriously? Are we even watching the same sport here? I almost never ever see Payton or Dedmon gamble and get burnt. They stick to their man like glue.

Return to Orlando Magic