ImageImageImageImage

Khris Middelton....Tobias Harris replacment?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: Khris Middelton....Tobias Harris replacment? 

Post#21 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Aaron Gordon is our SF of the future.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#22 » by MellowRose » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 am

Just imagining what AG will turn into by the age of 23 has me drooling...
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#23 » by JF5 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:11 am

He's not going anywhere...

Milwaukee will pay him...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#24 » by Bensational » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:26 am

i was thinking the same thing. would a Tobias for Middleton swap work?

looking at our team, we seem heavily invested in a Payton/Dipo backcourt, so Middleton would be forced to play the 3. but that might interfere with AG's development. at least with Tobias he can spend some time at the 4, which opens up court time for AG. with Middleton, it would mean that AG would be forced to spend more time at the 4.

so a move like that would be heavily dictated by how much the team is invested in AG and what position they want to develop him for.

ideally, we just want Dipo and Harris to start hitting 3's with the frequency and consistency of Middleton, and then it wouldn't even be a concern.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#25 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:25 am

If a guy like Middleton or Carroll would sign for $7-9 M and it costs $13-15 M to keep Harris then this hypothetical decision is made for us.

None of these guy (Harris included) is a talent worthy of forgetting about the money.

I'm happy to keep Harris at the right price. If he has better offers elsewhere, good for him. I wish him well but will happily "settle" for going in a different direction.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#26 » by 407Junkie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:51 am

Hopefully Gordon turns into a Middleton of our own but I don't think they're gonna let him get away. Whoever said Middleton and Harris are equal must not like defense.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#27 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:28 am

MagicFan101 wrote:If a guy like Middleton or Carroll would sign for $7-9 M and it costs $13-15 M to keep Harris then this hypothetical decision is made for us.

None of these guy (Harris included) is a talent worthy of forgetting about the money.

I'm happy to keep Harris at the right price. If he has better offers elsewhere, good for him. I wish him well but will happily "settle" for going in a different direction.

did you see what the cap Is going to turn into? 88-92 million by 2016. Carroll may get a contract In that range but both harris and Middleton will get more.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#28 » by SD2042 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:34 am

As much as I like how Middleton has been improving his game, I think the Bucks will likely to retain the guy. As for value worth, Middleton is somewhere between 5 to 6 million for a three to four year deal. Clearly a deal the Magic can throw at him, but don't see Middleton in a Magic uniform.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#29 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:19 am

mojosodope wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah I have been touting Khris Middleton as my top target(I have Deandre Jordan above him but not sure we would be on his radar so that probably makes Middleton my top target) for a while now and have said it in other threads. I would try and steal him away from Milwaukee. Of course we would have to overpay as you have to in order to not have the other team match. but there is still a maximum number we can't surpass so in the end while it would be a large deal it wouldn't be a huge deal. Plus withe cap increase looming it very well could be a bargain deal.

I think he is much better for us than Harris is. I don't think of Harris as that good of a scorer but rather a decent scorer who takes advantage of playing for a bad team with no dominant scoring player that helps his scoring average. Middleton is a much better shooter from range and plays better D which is something this team lacks. Not neccesarily from a playing D but more from a shooting standpoint and definitely from a stanpoint of guys that can do both really well. Fournier can shoot but defensively he isn't that good and the same goes for Frye who I would say is even worse. So if we play them for extended minutes they aren't going to be much help in other areas whereas Middleton can be a guy who we can rely on at both ends of the court. If we can resign Harris at a fair price which I think is more in the 7-9 mill range per year then I would be happy to have him back.

I am fully aware that I am a Harris and you don't particularly care for Harris. But I have to play devil's advocate (or flat out disagree) with this statement.

If harris was a ball dominant guard like Oladipo, or say....Brandon Knight (who the bucks traded), I might agree. The fact that he has been playing as a wing player on a bad team with an even worse offensive scheme makes me question this statement.

Watching the Bucks game last night it was apparent they ran a much more efficient offense. They got specific guys open looks whenever they wanted....all game long.

When you factor into the equation that they are also a young team, with a first year coach starting a second year PG acquired at the trade deadline backed up by a first year PG also acquired at the trade deadline, I think looking at a team like the bucks puts into perspective just how bad our guys have been coached

With that being said, I think a guy like MIddelton clearly benefits from a more efficient offense, and will go out on a limb and say a guy like tobias would also benefit tremendously from an efficient offense

As I said before we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I have already stated my case and I will leave it at that.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#30 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:23 am

tiderulz wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah I have been touting Khris Middleton as my top target(I have Deandre Jordan above him but not sure we would be on his radar so that probably makes Middleton my top target) for a while now and have said it in other threads. I would try and steal him away from Milwaukee. Of course we would have to overpay as you have to in order to not have the other team match. but there is still a maximum number we can't surpass so in the end while it would be a large deal it wouldn't be a huge deal. Plus withe cap increase looming it very well could be a bargain deal.

I think he is much better for us than Harris is. I don't think of Harris as that good of a scorer but rather a decent scorer who takes advantage of playing for a bad team with no dominant scoring player that helps his scoring average. Middleton is a much better shooter from range and plays better D which is something this team lacks. Not neccesarily from a playing D but more from a shooting standpoint and definitely from a stanpoint of guys that can do both really well. Fournier can shoot but defensively he isn't that good and the same goes for Frye who I would say is even worse. So if we play them for extended minutes they aren't going to be much help in other areas whereas Middleton can be a guy who we can rely on at both ends of the court. If we can resign Harris at a fair price which I think is more in the 7-9 mill range per year then I would be happy to have him back.

what dominant scorer is Middleton playing with?

Never said he was. I don't think Middleton's offense is inflated though as he is a much better shooter than Harris and is also scoring for a team with a better team offense. And alot of that is because of Middleton.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#31 » by ezzzp » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:25 am

MagicFan101 wrote:If a guy like Middleton or Carroll would sign for $7-9 M and it costs $13-15 M to keep Harris then this hypothetical decision is made for us.

Middleton will cost way more than that.

He is a 23 yr old with an RPM of +6.27...only 6 players in the league have a better rating: S Curry, Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, CP3, and Anthony Davis. His DRPM is a 8th in the whole NBA while guarding 2, 3 and smaller 4's.

It would be amazing to have Middleton, but no way Bucks let him go.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#32 » by tiderulz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:07 am

SD2042 wrote:As much as I like how Middleton has been improving his game, I think the Bucks will likely to retain the guy. As for value worth, Middleton is somewhere between 5 to 6 million for a three to four year deal. Clearly a deal the Magic can throw at him, but don't see Middleton in a Magic uniform.

middleton easily gets offers twice that. book it
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#33 » by nicnac215 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

I'd take Tobias on an equal salary to Middelton all day.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#34 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:54 pm

nicnac215 wrote:I'd take Tobias on an equal salary to Middelton all day.

Why? Middleton is a better player in my opinion and brings things that this team needs that Harris doesn't. This team needs some serious shooters who can space the floor and also not be somewhat of a liability on the other end. Yeah the Bucks very well could match but still I would make it a priority to offer him something and try. If they do then we move on. But I don't value Harris as much as some do on here. He is a decent scorer, but doesn't have great range. He is a good rebounder but just average defensively because he is undersized for the PF spot and doesn't match up well athletically against a lot of SFs. That doesn't say he is worth anything more than 10 mill too me. I think we can replace his production fairly easily and I think Middleton would mean a lot more for this team and allow our offense to score more with the spacing he would provide and also not hurt our D.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#35 » by nicnac215 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:

Why? Middleton is a better player in my opinion and brings things that this team needs that Harris doesn't. This team needs some serious shooters who can space the floor and also not be somewhat of a liability on the other end. Yeah the Bucks very well could match but still I would make it a priority to offer him something and try. If they do then we move on. But I don't value Harris as much as some do on here. He is a decent scorer, but doesn't have great range. He is a good rebounder but just average defensively because he is undersized for the PF spot and doesn't match up well athletically against a lot of SFs. That doesn't say he is worth anything more than 10 mill too me. I think we can replace his production fairly easily and I think Middleton would mean a lot more for this team and allow our offense to score more with the spacing he would provide and also not hurt our D.

I think Harris has much higher upside and is currently a better player than Middleton. He also fills a role of scoring 6th man off the bench who can come in at the 3 or 4 spot. Middleton clearly isn't better than Oladipo but he plays the same position so we are investing money in a position we have figured out.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#36 » by tiderulz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:35 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:

I think Harris has much higher upside and is currently a better player than Middleton. He also fills a role of scoring 6th man off the bench who can come in at the 3 or 4 spot. Middleton clearly isn't better than Oladipo but he plays the same position so we are investing money in a position we have figured out.

we all know i have been a Tobias fan, but i wont say Harris is a better player, because Middleton is a better defender and better shooter. I would call them even, with Middleton providing more defense which seems to be coveted. Now could Harris become a better defender? i dont know. And who said Harris role is scoring 6th man? that is the role some people believe he should be, but it isnt the role he has been playing.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,862

Post#37 » by Last Guardian » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Aaron Gordon is our SF of the future.

This. I am fairly certain that Tobias Harris is not coming back...and this team needs to go all in on Aaron Gordon. Even if Gordon doesn't work out, we'll find some decent player down the road. But right now he is our 4th pick and we have to see what we have next season.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#38 » by NEM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Lol yall are bitching about tobias getting paid this summer? I can't wait to see your reactions when Oladipo wants $20 million per year with the new salary cap. Or is he worth it because he was the 2nd pick? You guys are hilarious.

Magic board:
"We wanna win, but we don't wanna pay our players, so then we should just lose all the games possible so we can draft a superstar because there are a couple every draft"

When hennigan came here he promised to change the culture. He did just that. He turned a lot of you into losers.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
NEM
RealGM

Post#39 » by NEM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Aaron Gordon is our SF of the future.

This. I am fairly certain that Tobias Harris is not coming back...and this team needs to go all in on Aaron Gordon. Even if Gordon doesn't work out, we'll find some decent player down the road. But right now he is our 4th pick and we have to see what we have next season.

So we give up a good player for nothing, on the hope that gordon ever amounts to anything (probably less than tobias), and if he doesn't we will just find a decent player... Logic is not necessary on realgm I guess

NEM
RealGM

Post#40 » by NEM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Also, Middleton is overrated and will get 10-14 million. I'd much rather have tobias for the same price.

Return to Orlando Magic