ImageImageImageImage

The likely 6th pick in the draft: who to take

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: Orlando's likely lottery slot: discussion 

Post#141 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Would any of the top 3 teams, trade their top 3 pick for Harris + our top 5 pick, Frye and Harkless/Nicholson? I really want Towns. Sign vets Danny Green and CJ Watson.

Payton/Watson
Dipo/Fournier
Green/AG
Towns/Nicholson if not traded or vet
Vooch/Dedmon
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#142 » by BCS » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Would any of the top 3 teams, trade their top 3 pick for Harris + our top 5 pick, Frye and Harkless/Nicholson? I really want Towns. Sign vets Danny Green and CJ Watson.

Payton/Watson
Dipo/Fournier
Green/AG
Towns/Nicholson if not traded or vet
Vooch/Dedmon

I don't think we can trade Harris anymore until after the draft and we resign him...or am I wrong about that?
gumbyr24
Senior
And1: 443

Post#143 » by gumbyr24 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:37 am

The Lakers are gonna catch us..
Most of their guys are fighting for an NBA roster spot for next year
Their players are hungrier and want/need these meaningless wins more then our guys.
We just need to lose more.. I believe in Magic
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#144 » by Viper1500 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:09 am

gumbyr24 wrote:The Lakers are gonna catch us..
Their players are hungrier and want/need these meaningless wins more then our guys.

If Orlando can somehow lose to NY, that'd be amazing. A lock at 4th, would be simply awesome
gumbyr24
Senior
And1: 443

Post#145 » by gumbyr24 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 am

Viper1500 wrote:
gumbyr24 wrote:The Lakers are gonna catch us..

If Orlando can somehow lose to NY, that'd be amazing. A lock at 4th, would be simply awesome

Its become surprisingly fun rooting for all these different scenarios to play out the last couple of years.
If we can hit one more time, in this draft, our future will be oozing with potential.
The Knicks roster looks worse then Phillys right now. Its hard seeing us not winning by double digits.
I'm gonna maintain faith tho
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#146 » by drsd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:30 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:Lakers against Philly tonight. Would be huge if Philly could pull out a win. I want that 4th spot/top 2 pick so hard.

The Magic is now 1 1/2 games back. But it is the two games in the wins column that make this tough. Realitically the Magic must lose out for this to be a race.

For the Lakers, the win almost guarantees them to fall out of the top 3. LAL is now up 2 games in their win column over the Sixers, and is three games over.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#147 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 am

I just don't get why you want us to lose to get 4th.
Okafor and towns will be gone, do u want us to get one of those 2 guards and trade down??

Only reason I d want the want would be cause Lal get the 5th and increase their chances to drop out of top 5
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#148 » by crazytown » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 am

Cant believe I'm rooting for them to lose again. This is the last year I'm doing this! :nonono: :curse:
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Re: 

Post#149 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:02 pm

cedric76 wrote:I just don't get why you want us to lose to get 4th.
Okafor and towns will be gone, do u want us to get one of those 2 guards and trade down??

Only reason I d want the want would be cause Lal get the 5th and increase their chances to drop out of top 5

...because it is a lottery and the 4th slot has a much better chance of moving up to the Top 2.
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Re: 

Post#150 » by BCS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:51 pm

I would not bet on both Okafor and Towns being gone at 4. It wouldn't surprise me if NY or LA especially take a chance at Russell or Mudiay because they believe they could get a big through free agency like Gasol.I believe those two teams are not even looking at Towns, they are probably interested in Russell or Okafor. Then you have Philly whom already have enough bigs so its not a given in my opinion Towns is gone at 4, at 5 for sure.
cedric76
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#151 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:53 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

...because it is a lottery and the 4th slot has a much better chance of moving up to the Top 2.

So u want to suck for an extra 8% chance?? Oh dear, u must love your team soooooooo much. Players must be sooooooo glad to have fans like you
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#152 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:25 pm

cedric76 wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

So u want to suck for an extra 8% chance?? Oh dear, u must love your team soooooooo much. Players must be sooooooo glad to have fans like you

In the grand scheme of things, getting that extra 8% and sliding up to a top 2 pick is much better for this team's future than showing a small improvement in play over the last few games. We could win out and it would not impact next season and the future at all. Losing them all could play a major role in this team's growth.

I know fans like yourself enjoy making it seem like you are so much more respectable and a "true" fan just because all you want is wins...however, I'm all about titles. That doesn't happen by winning a couple extra games at the end of a lost season.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#153 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, getting that extra 8% and sliding up to a top 2 pick is much better for this team's future than showing a small improvement in play over the last few games. We could win out and it would not impact next season and the future at all. Losing them all could play a major role in this team's growth.

I know fans like yourself enjoy making it seem like you are so much more respectable and a "true" fan just because all you want is wins...however, I'm all about titles. That doesn't happen by winning a couple extra games at the end of a lost season.

Developing a winning culture is far better than 8%

look at draft history see how often the worst team land the 1st pick

Tanking is for losers, plain and simple, no other way around it
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#154 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:24 am

cedric76 wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

I'd say that not having a real head coach is hindering this team's growth and establishing a winning culture more than the idea of losing the last few games.

Tanking IS for losers. No one is arguing that. However, sometimes you have to be a loser now before you can win later.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#155 » by drsd » Wed Apr 1, 2015 8:13 am

I just realised that LAL and Sac play a home and away series to close out their 81st and 82nd games. Could get interesting ???
The Other Ankle
Junior
And1: 260

Post#156 » by The Other Ankle » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:50 pm

Still very unlikely that the Lakers catch us in the win column, although they do have more "win-able" games to finish. The biggest implication to them as an organization would be giving up their pick THIS YEAR to Philly if they slip out of the top five after the lottery drawing. For us that would be huge, because we would then get their 2017 first round pick and they would likely still be very bad then too! I think they will find a way to tank their way to enough losses to prevent catching us because of this...
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#157 » by Devin 1L » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:44 pm

cedric76 wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Good luck building a winning culture with like 6 games to go.

I'm so tired of hearing that schtick. Great players build winning cultures.

Getting someone like Karl Anthony Towns would drastically alter the future trajectory of this team; Going 3-3 to end the season isn't going to do jack ****.

I'll take that 8%.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#158 » by Viper1500 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:22 pm

Devin 1L wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

Good luck building a winning culture with like 6 games to go.

I'm so tired of hearing that schtick. Great players build winning cultures.

Getting someone like Karl Anthony Towns would drastically alter the future trajectory of this team; Going 3-3 to end the season isn't going to do jack ****.

I'll take that 8%.

AshBlackstone
Senior
And1: 221

Post#159 » by AshBlackstone » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:35 pm

After the likely event that some team beyond us gets lucky, we'll pick 7th.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#160 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:44 pm

AshBlackstone wrote:After the likely event that some team beyond us gets lucky, we'll pick 7th.

The 6th pick is most likely ours assuming we stay at 5th best odds. 5th best odds means a 36% chance to land at 6th and a 8.4% chance to land at 7th.

Return to Orlando Magic