ImageImageImageImage

Game Thread - Tonight, time for another episode of...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Re: Game Thread - Tonight, time for another episode of... 

Post#221 » by woosah » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:39 am

ChosenSavior wrote:
woosah wrote:ole newscaster demeanor having ass coach

What is he saying?

i don't even know. answering questions. the same ole stuff.

you think some of the guys who have been here, the losing is weighing on them?
"we all have to overcome things mentally, turnovers, missed shots, blah blah blah. they have to come ready"

will you find Aaron Gordon some minutes to see what we have for next year?
"Aaron's in the mix. Our philosophy is you have to earn minutes. He's earned some, and we are playing him. I hope he earns some more."

There was more and i paraphrased those, but just a bunch of the same. Instead of being smiley like JV he seems like someone from Meet the Press when he answers questions. So dry.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#222 » by shadrock » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:46 am

Really enjoying watching Willie Green develop over the last 50 games or so. Has been the highlight of the season for me...

PS: No green font necessary when talking about Willie, he was born a Green and as such any time you mention his name you are automatically taking the piss. "Willie Green is great at basketball", "Willie Green should be the starting point guard". See, no green font necessary.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#223 » by purpleswordfish » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:48 am

I was never a fan of shortening the NBA season like a lot of people have proposed recently. These last few seasons have made me at least admit that there's some merit to the idea. Teams like the Magic are going out, playing for nothing and there's an interim coach who is trying (and failing) to get a chance at the permanent job. It leads to weird rotations, bad basketball and angry fans. More than anyone, I feel bad for any season ticket holders we might have on the board here.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#224 » by Def Swami » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:55 am

purpleswordfish wrote:I was never a fan of shortening the NBA season like a lot of people have proposed recently. These last few seasons have made me at least admit that there's some merit to the idea. Teams like the Magic are going out, playing for nothing and there's an interim coach who is trying (and failing) to get a chance at the permanent job. It leads to weird rotations, bad basketball and angry fans. More than anyone, I feel bad for any season ticket holders we might have on the board here.

It's too long by about 10-12 games IMO. Eliminate the 4th game in 5 nights and cut back to backs in half and give these guys more rest. It'll improve the quality of play on a night to night basis. But, teams and players will never give up the $$$.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#225 » by purpleswordfish » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:57 am

Def Swami wrote:
purpleswordfish wrote:I was never a fan of shortening the NBA season like a lot of people have proposed recently. These last few seasons have made me at least admit that there's some merit to the idea. Teams like the Magic are going out, playing for nothing and there's an interim coach who is trying (and failing) to get a chance at the permanent job. It leads to weird rotations, bad basketball and angry fans. More than anyone, I feel bad for any season ticket holders we might have on the board here.

It's too long by about 10-12 games IMO. Eliminate the 4th game in 5 nights and cut back to backs in half and give these guys more rest. It'll improve the quality of play on a night to night basis. But, teams and players will never give up the $$$.

Word. That's always been my objection to it. Players want more rest, but it would create less revenue on TV deals, attendance and so on. I don't think that they'd want that pay cut. As for the owners, I think they'd vote for a 365 game season if it went to a vote. :lol:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#226 » by Def Swami » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:59 am

JF5 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:Just draft for best talent. Outside of Payton I'm not sold on anybody else on this team.

The team quit a few weeks ago... I'm not sure if watching these games are the exact indicators of how good they actually are.

This. The season was lost and gone as soon as we fired JV. Hard to evaluate much about this team based on this stretch of games.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#227 » by OrlandO » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:59 am

woosah wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

What is he saying?

"we all have to overcome things mentally, turnovers, missed shots, blah blah blah. they have to come ready"

"Aaron's in the mix. Our philosophy is you have to earn minutes. He's earned some, and we are playing him. I hope he earns some more."

There was more and i paraphrased those, but just a bunch of the same. Instead of being smiley like JV he seems like someone from Meet the Press when he answers questions. So dry.

UGH, did he really suggest AG has to earn more than 11 minues... in a blowout loss with like 8 games left in a 22-win season? Holy crap this guy doesn't have a clue. He might even be worse than Vaughn... he just hides it better because he fakes positive stats like holding opposing teams to below average points in the paint (while giving up way above average 3pt percentage and 3pta). I'm a big henny supporter, but if he signs borrego this summer that will be enough for me to turn on him. Proper coaching is absolutely our biggest need right now.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#228 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:18 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lBfAEr3Kng[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPm857woHBk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsxjfVMheTY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdheKic1CdU[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK-ApvrPl3M[/youtube]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#229 » by silent1900 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:22 am

I really enjoyed the 50 game shortened season from a few years back, and would love to see them reduce to that. Play three games a week, maybe even on standard days like Wed/Fri/Sun. Would guarantee teams 1-2 practice days every week depending on travel.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#230 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:08 am

woosah wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

What is he saying?

JB is dead to me.

to suggest AG hasn't earned minutes, like he doesn't try, just doesn't fly with the kid's character.

he just doesn't understand how to motivate people, or reward them. AG is the hardest working defender on the floor flat out, every minute he's out there. he politely defers to **** veterans like Green and Ridnour. he's played the team game all season long. if JB keeps this up, he's just building another Harkless, and that honestly makes me feel like Harkless could have been a better player under more competent coaches who understood how to develop and motivate their young players.

i hope the door slams shut on JB on his way out and knocks his ass to the curb.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#231 » by woosah » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:12 am

OrlandO wrote:
woosah wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
What is he saying?

UGH, did he really suggest AG has to earn more than 11 minues... in a blowout loss with like 8 games left in a 22-win season? Holy crap this guy doesn't have a clue. He might even be worse than Vaughn... he just hides it better because he fakes positive stats like holding opposing teams to below average points in the paint (while giving up way above average 3pt percentage and 3pta). I'm a big henny supporter, but if he signs borrego this summer that will be enough for me to turn on him. Proper coaching is absolutely our biggest need right now.

lol, yeah. Now that Adam posted the vid you can see it (last question, so go back about 30 seconds from the end for that brilliant answer). No way can we seriously consider bringing this guy back. I want all the residue from the JV era gone. Start fresh and clean with excellent teaching and coaching from a new qualified staff.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#232 » by 407Junkie » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:11 am

"This is an important year to see growth and progress," Hennigan said in September
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#233 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:46 am

They would never consider the shortened season because its less revenue.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#234 » by JF5 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:21 am

407Junkie wrote:"This is an important year to see growth and progress," Hennigan said in September

The players as individuals grew...

As a team... They've got a LONG way to go....
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#235 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:22 am

So what the **** does Aaron Gordon have to do to "earn" minutes? **** off Romano.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#236 » by KillMonger » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:30 am

we need a motivator..........
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#237 » by SOUL » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:00 am

I'd be more annoyed at the AG thing if didn't have a foot injury. I think part of it is from the front office.

Still, taking AG out when he's really impacting the game is frustrating. Especially in games where the difference would be ending the game with 18 minutes instead of 13. Give me a break.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#238 » by tiderulz » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:32 am

407Junkie wrote:
mojosodope wrote:
407Junkie wrote:I would like to know the record of this team when Tobias leads in scoring.

Leading in scoring is a misleading stat with this team. On any given night we have guys clearly shooting more than they should and end up with a more efficient leading scorer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Nothing misleading about when he leads in scoring and our record when that happens.

am i missing something? Harris didnt lead us in scoring, was 4th in shots taken, and we lost? how does that fit your anti-Harris agenda tonight?
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#239 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:53 am

purpleswordfish wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

Word. That's always been my objection to it. Players want more rest, but it would create less revenue on TV deals, attendance and so on. I don't think that they'd want that pay cut. As for the owners, I think they'd vote for a 365 game season if it went to a vote. :lol:

Did you not hear JJ Redick's talk with Zach Lowe. Players don't want more rest. More off days just means more practice days. It's not like coached will tell guys to just stay home if games were more spread out. Plus the Spurs should show anyone that the answer to getting more rest is to play your bench more minutes. San Antonio always wins 50 and they give big minutes to a bunch of guys who wouldn't be in the league if it weren't for Pop.

Plus if you saw the GS vs LAC game the other night, you know that the schedule length isn't the issue. As long as these teams have something to play for, there will be good basketball on TV. We just have a really bad team and no one cares.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#240 » by Furinkazan » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:01 pm

At this point and with this product tickets should be free or 1$

Return to Orlando Magic