ImageImageImageImage

The Finale - Magic @ Nets 4/15-8PM

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Re: The Finale - Magic @ Nets 4/15-8PM 

Post#381 » by drsd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 am

ezzzp wrote:Well I expected 32 wins - so this team was considerably worse than I thought. Still, I blame injuries and abysmal coaching as the key contributor to that result. That was unexpected and frustrating but it also allows me to continue to be optimistic about the roster. Maybe I'm delusional but I still think this team is better than what happened this year.

I mentally planned for 29-32 wins and I agree that that Nov-Jan spell of horror cost ~5 gams that should have been won. Looking back, this was a 30 win team.

MoMM wrote:Your players won't play all 82 games.

Elfrid played 82.

I think the last time Orlando had a player play all 82 games was 4 years ago. So that is something like 50+ players that did not play 82 games (14 a year for 4+ years).
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,827

Post#382 » by Last Guardian » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:13 am

WOW, had no idea this was the final game. Couldn't watch it on league pass because it was a local game for me, but it wasn't on TV because the yankees take precedence over the nets. Oh well. I watched the highlights and looked like we were going to win for a while then got blown out towards the end. Typical for this season.

I still like this roster...why? I don't know. They just won 25 games. I just feel like we have a playmaking PG, scoring SG, scoring SF, 20/10 Center....on paper I think we should be so much better to be quite honest. Looked at Milwaukee season and I am like...we have a better roster then them....imo.

Lets get a really good coach in here now.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#383 » by FloridaHoosier » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:31 pm

drsd wrote:
ezzzp wrote:Well I expected 32 wins - so this team was considerably worse than I thought. Still, I blame injuries and abysmal coaching as the key contributor to that result. That was unexpected and frustrating but it also allows me to continue to be optimistic about the roster. Maybe I'm delusional but I still think this team is better than what happened this year.

I mentally planned for 29-32 wins and I agree that that Nov-Jan spell of horror cost ~5 gams that should have been won. Looking back, this was a 30 win team.

MoMM wrote:Your players won't play all 82 games.

Elfrid played 82.

I think the last time Orlando had a player play all 82 games was 4 years ago. So that is something like 50+ players that did not play 82 games (14 a year for 4+ years).

I predicted 35 wins which turned out to be way off. We went to more games this year and had less fun because when we went our home wins were nonexistent. Ten home games and one away, we saw them win twice, one home and the away game in Charlotte. Did get to see Victor's 38 point game in a loss, but all and all it was not very much fun to be there this year. Part of that was because we expected more and got less.

Go Magic!
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#384 » by bigdogdylan5 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 pm

MrShow wrote:
Audi wrote:

Not delusional at all. This team underperformed for a number of reasons - coaching, injury, growth, etc.

Don't forget Ownership, by not hiring a real coach after firing JV.

How dare they take their time to see what other options might be available completely unacceptable
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#385 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:18 pm

I predicted 32 wins, very disappointed. Questioning our talent base moving forward.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#386 » by drsd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Looked at Milwaukee season and I am like...we have a better roster then them....imo.

I went to sleep last night thinking about the Bucks/Magic clashes of the next half-decade. I cannot wait !!!

doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#387 » by doct3r dr3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfbwWcZeKo[/youtube]
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,943

Post#388 » by p0peye » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:20 pm

After releasing Jameer, trading Afflalo, signing Frye and picking Gordon at 4, I was on down side and predicted 25-27 win season. But that nice road stretch in November when we got off to 9-15 start, I was really expecting at very least 30 wins. Then reality hit me. Sucks.

Return to Orlando Magic