ImageImageImageImage

B-a-T Thread - LOCK PLEASE

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Re: Build-a-Team 2015; Sign Up!! Closes Monday @6PM EST 

Post#61 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:39 am

Draft Thread is up.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Re: Build-a-Team 2015; Draft Order Posted 

Post#62 » by ImChillin01 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:57 am

Is it too late to join?
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Re: 

Post#63 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 am

TDJacksonville wrote:Let's trade;)

I'll trade pick 4 for upgrades in the rookie and 2nd year round.

To clarify, you are basically saying you want to swap 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks with somebody?
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#64 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:36 pm

ImChillin01 wrote:Is it too late to join?

Yeah, sorry. If someone gets booted, I'll get in touch with you to take over their squad.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Re: Build-a-Team 2015; Sign Up Now!!! 

Post#65 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:I'll take the Knicks

buildateamchampion@gmail.com

Feel free to quote this post to alert me to any kind of news since I'm not on the Magic board often, though I'll try to check myself.

You're up, feel free to pick whenever. Make sure you are checking your e-mails from whatever e-mail account you listed. Don't rely on being quoted in here.
ChiefWiggumz
Senior
And1: 172

Post#66 » by ChiefWiggumz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Why does round 3 all of the sudden list 2nd/3rd year players? The rules clearly state 2nd year players. Adding a year definitely gives the bottom order of the draft a huge advantage to the whole process.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#67 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:02 pm

ChiefWiggumz wrote:Why does round 3 all of the sudden list 2nd/3rd year players? The rules clearly state 2nd year players. Adding a year definitely gives the bottom order of the draft a huge advantage to the whole process.

Good catch. This needs to be clarified to avoid confusion. The rules originally state 2nd year players and later 2nd and 3rd year players. We need to know which is correct.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: Re: Build-a-Team 2015; Draft Order Posted 

Post#68 » by TDJacksonville » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:07 pm

ChiefWiggumz wrote:Why does round 3 all of the sudden list 2nd/3rd year players? The rules clearly state 2nd year players. Adding a year definitely gives the bottom order of the draft a huge advantage to the whole process.
because the original idea was to go coaches and nba vets to the lottery winners And rookies and 2nd and 3rds in the other.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#69 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

"All of the sudden" isn't exactly correct. It has been mentioned many, many times in my posts over the last couple days. There was 0 objection when I proposed the idea...so I rolled with it.

I am VERY open to making logical adjustments but I do tend to get a little annoyed when people bring up an issue after the fact...when things are already moving and decided.

Read the rules. Read the guidelines. Read the judgement process. If you see something, say something. Don't let me change something and then say something about it afterwards.

There isn't a 3rd year player that is THAT much better than the rookies from this season. I would even argue that the first player selected in that round will/should be a 2nd year player, rather than a third year.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#70 » by WillyJakkz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, initially it was 2nd yr players.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#71 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:12 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:

Good catch. This needs to be clarified to avoid confusion. The rules originally state 2nd year players and later 2nd and 3rd year players. We need to know which is correct.

What is correct is what is listed. Simple as that. If I make an adjustment, I adjust the rules on the main page (after a discussion in this thread). I'm not just going to up and change something without a mention of it in here. There hasn't been much to keep up with thus far. A lot of stuff is about to happen. Try and keep up.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#72 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:17 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
-Yeah, the players as coaches was a poorly thought out idea. We will go with current Assistant Coaches.

-I like the idea of doing all time coaches because you can better define your style of play. Yes, there are a few great coaches at the top but the next tier down is basically one that everyone can grab a coach from. If we just do current coaches, you have the top 3-5 and then multiple other tiers. Also, once you move out of the decent coach range...you also lose a defining style of play. Whether it is the first year coaches or just the bad ones, by getting stuck with them, your team has no identity. This one I feel pretty strongly about keeping as All-Time coaches.

-Despite that, I do see where you are coming from with the thought that because everyone has a good coach that there isn't all that much more value to having the first coach pick. That makes sense.

-After throwing it out there yesterday, I like the idea of doing 2nd+3rd year players. Neither of the draft classes have been very impressive. There isn't a giant star out of the mix that everyone wants over another. It would likely come down to preference.

-I like your model and think it is the most fair after talking this out. I think we can officially change the draft set up to...

Coaches Round: Draft goes 30-1
Rookie Round: Draft goes 30-1
2nd/3rd Year Round: Draft goes 30-1
General NBA Players: Draft goes 1-30
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#73 » by WillyJakkz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:19 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

"All of the sudden" isn't exactly correct. It has been mentioned many, many times in my posts over the last couple days. There was 0 objection when I proposed the idea...so I rolled with it.

I am VERY open to making logical adjustments but I do tend to get a little annoyed when people bring up an issue after the fact...when things are already moving and decided.

Read the rules. Read the guidelines. Read the judgement process. If you see something, say something. Don't let me change something and then say something about it afterwards.

There isn't a 3rd year player that is THAT much better than the rookies from this season. I would even argue that the first player selected in that round will/should be a 2nd year player, rather than a third year.

You probably wanna update the op here if you already haven't instead of getting annoyed as it was a legit statement as it stated 2nd yr players in the op when I initially read it and even after checking again last nite after the draft thread was open.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#74 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:24 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:

What is correct is what is listed. Simple as that. If I make an adjustment, I adjust the rules on the main page (after a discussion in this thread). I'm not just going to up and change something without a mention of it in here. There hasn't been much to keep up with thus far. A lot of stuff is about to happen. Try and keep up.

We were just trying to make sure we were all on the same page going into the draft for clarity's sake and to avoid any confusion or headaches during the draft process.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#75 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:32 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

You probably wanna update the op here if you already haven't instead of getting annoyed as it was a legit statement as it stated 2nd yr players in the op when I initially read it and even after checking again last nite after the draft thread was open.

Can you or someone quote what I am supposed to change...I honestly don't see it. It did originally say 2nd year but I thought that I changed everything. If I really didn't, my apologies.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#76 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:34 pm

P.S. I am not trying to be a dick to anyone...just trying to get my feelings on this type of subject out there, early on. When I say annoyed, it isn't with any of you guys...just the prospect of this type of stuff happening over and over.

I encourage everyone to thoroughly read everything I have posted and if you still see anything questionable, please bring it to my attention. I just want it all taken care of before the action begins...not after things have already been changed/set in stone.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#77 » by WillyJakkz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:55 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:P.S. I am not trying to be a dick to anyone...just trying to get my feelings on this type of subject out there, early on. When I say annoyed, it isn't with any of you guys...just the prospect of this type of stuff happening over and over.

I encourage everyone to thoroughly read everything I have posted and if you still see anything questionable, please bring it to my attention. I just want it all taken care of before the action begins...not after things have already been changed/set in stone.

You're good, it's since been updated.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#78 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Where's Boarder Patrol when you need them?

ChiefWiggumz
Senior
And1: 172

Post#79 » by ChiefWiggumz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:09 pm

I thought the rules and guidelines post would update on the front page...where the rules and guidelines are.

Anyway, I don't think this is too fair for the people who actually win the lottery.

The losers get their stab at rookies, 2nd, and 3rd year players, then get to select all star caliber players back to back essentially in rounds 1 and 2.

I think the inverse is unfair. The lotto winners should a better opportunity at least one of the first 3 year players.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#80 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:14 pm

ChiefWiggumz wrote:I thought the rules and guidelines post would update on the front page...where the rules and guidelines are.

Anyway, I don't think this is too fair for the people who actually win the lottery.

The losers get their stab at rookies, 2nd, and 3rd year players, then get to select all star caliber players back to back essentially in rounds 1 and 2.

You can end up with a team like ****************** real quick.

I think the inverse is unfair. The lotto winners should a better opportunity at least one of the first 3 year players.

Again, if something is wrong on that page...please quote it, I am not seeing it. It should be changed.

Please remove the player names you included in your post. That is breaking the golden rule of any B-a-T.

Return to Orlando Magic