ImageImageImageImage

vuc plus pick to sac for cousins

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Re: vuc plus pick to sac for cousins 

Post#161 » by p0peye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:47 pm

We do need a bit of nastiness, if Cousins can provide that, but I am not giving up top 5 pick in this draft. Nikola + Lakers pick is something I would do.

Best course of action is to stay low and wait. This situation simply has too many ingredients (Cousins, Vivek, firing Malone, Karl's attitude and public comments) not to blow up majestically in near future. Wait for trade demand, than swoop in and buy low.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#162 » by spinedoc » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:56 pm

You'd have to this is if we are five or below. Cousins is developing nicely into a dominant big man. I love Vuc, but c'mon, this is what the position is tailored for. I'd pull the trigger.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#163 » by seeingstars » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:12 pm

p0peye wrote:We do need a bit of nastiness, if Cousins can provide that, but I am not giving up top 5 pick in this draft. Nikola + Lakers pick is something I would do.

Best course of action is to stay low and wait. This situation simply has too many ingredients (Cousins, Vivek, firing Malone, Karl's attitude and public comments) not to blow up majestically in near future. Wait for trade demand, than swoop in and buy low.

This seems more like Henny's style. 8-)
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#164 » by MitchellUK » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Notwithstanding my reservations about him, would anyone else be intrigued by pairing Vuc and Boogie rather than sending Nikola to the Kings? I don't know if we have any other assets to make that move right now, short of giving up Dipo and/or Payton (and I know people would be loathe to do that), so it would likely rely on us lucking into the #1 or #2 pick and sending that + other pieces, but I'd be interested to see how that front court would work. I reckon they could play well off each other.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#165 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:42 pm

with Boogie being under contract for 3 more years, dont know why we are spinning our wheels on this anyways, it wont happen
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#166 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:54 pm

MitchellUK wrote:Notwithstanding my reservations about him, would anyone else be intrigued by pairing Vuc and Boogie rather than sending Nikola to the Kings? I don't know if we have any other assets to make that move right now, short of giving up Dipo and/or Payton (and I know people would be loathe to do that), so it would likely rely on us lucking into the #1 or #2 pick and sending that + other pieces, but I'd be interested to see how that front court would work. I reckon they could play well off each other.

No both are centers. Neither can play the PF spot. Vuc would be a liability defensively and Cousins defense would suffer too plus you are taking them away from where they are most effective.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#167 » by KingRobb02 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Do people here think that Boogie + our non shooting backcourt will be more successful than Boogie + Rudy Gay? Rudy may be overrated, but he is head and shoulders above anything on our roster. Even still, swapping cousins for Vucevic isn't worth very much. Definitely not worth the 15 extra wins it would take for us to make the playoffs. Truth be told, Cousins might be worth 4 or 5 more wins. A good coach gets us another 2 or 3. Hooray, we're now a 32 win team that traded our lottery pick.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#168 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:with Boogie being under contract for 3 more years, dont know why we are spinning our wheels on this anyways, it wont happen

Yeah not likely. I wouldn't say it is impossible but yeah unless we are offering an equal star in return which I don't think we have yet or get them intrigue enough in what draft pick we offer and taking back one of their bad deals then maybe but yeah I don't think they are looking at all to trade him.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: 

Post#169 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:25 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Do people here think that Boogie + our non shooting backcourt will be more successful than Boogie + Rudy Gay? Rudy may be overrated, but he is head and shoulders above anything on our roster. Even still, swapping cousins for Vucevic isn't worth very much. Definitely not worth the 15 extra wins it would take for us to make the playoffs. Truth be told, Cousins might be worth 4 or 5 more wins. A good coach gets us another 2 or 3. Hooray, we're now a 32 win team that traded our lottery pick.

What type of way is this to look at it?

Cousins would be our top 10 player. The guy you throw the ball to when you need a bucket.

We don't have a Rudy Gay (well, we do. Hoping we don't re-sign him), but we have an elite defensive young backcourt who works well off the ball.

I think Cousins here would be a big success.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tiderulz
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#170 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm

j-ragg wrote:We don't have a Rudy Gay (well, we do. Hoping we don't re-sign him), but we have an elite defensive young backcourt who works well off the ball.

i would debate that. Our back court has defensive talent, but they havent been elite defensively. I hopefully blame a lot of it on coaching. Also, Dipo seems to be falling back into needing the ball more to be productive. And we have a PG that should have the ball more.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#171 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:07 pm

tiderulz wrote:
j-ragg wrote:We don't have a Rudy Gay (well, we do. Hoping we don't re-sign him), but we have an elite defensive young backcourt who works well off the ball.

i would debate that. Our back court has defensive talent, but they havent been elite defensively. I hopefully blame a lot of it on coaching. Also, Dipo seems to be falling back into needing the ball more to be productive. And we have a PG that should have the ball more.

I dunno, it could be argued that they have the best defensive talent as a starting backcourt in the league.

Curry/Thompson is up there. Neither are the individual defenders that Elfrid is.
Conley/Lee are up there.
CP3 and Redick too.

I think our guys are elite individual man to man defenders. Sometimes Oladpio gets lost off the ball though. But definitely could be the best in the league one day in terms of backcourts.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#172 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:44 pm

j-ragg wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I dunno, it could be argued that they have the best defensive talent as a starting backcourt in the league.

Curry/Thompson is up there. Neither are the individual defenders that Elfrid is.
Conley/Lee are up there.
CP3 and Redick too.

I think our guys are elite individual man to man defenders. Sometimes Oladpio gets lost off the ball though. But definitely could be the best in the league one day in terms of backcourts.

Bogdonvich goes off for 28
Miami - wade for 22
Toronto - Derozan for 29
Chicago - Butler for 19

4 of last 8 games, SG's either hit their season average or went over it. Shouldnt an elite defender be able to hold a player at least under their season average? or have we watered down what elite is?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,527

Post#173 » by SOUL » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
SOUL wrote:people would rather lose for 5 years than have a quote team cancer unquote aka what, getting a lot of techs? didn't we have dwight? the guy that put us here in the first place?

cousins is like a super zach randolph whom people would've said was a team cancer 10 years ago but thriving in the right situation.

you can say you dont like the fit or something but lol @ character. he doesnt seem like a bad guy at all

So you are saying we wouldn't lose for the next 5 years with Cousins? Has Cousins ever had a winning season?

If you want to blame his supporting cast....would it be that much better on a team that won 25 games in a horrible conference?

I am not trying to ruffle any feathers but I do not understand how Cousins = winning. There is zero evidence to support this claim.

i'm saying people are perfectly fine with a rebuild for an extended period but suggest trading for cousins and they start spouting about cancer and bad teammate etc when it's unsubstantiated by anything but being passionate. and i'm saying we'd stand a better chance of winning with him on the roster, not that it's guaranteed.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#174 » by Viper1500 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:35 pm

tiderulz wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Conley/Lee are up there.
CP3 and Redick too.

Bogdonvich goes off for 28
Miami - wade for 22
Toronto - Derozan for 29
Chicago - Butler for 19

4 of last 8 games, SG's either hit their season average or went over it. Shouldnt an elite defender be able to hold a player at least under their season average? or have we watered down what elite is?

Sadly I agree, Oladipo has become a bit overrated defensively on here. He's a hard working defender, that is probably a better term for it
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#175 » by KingRobb02 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:46 pm

j-ragg wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Do people here think that Boogie + our non shooting backcourt will be more successful than Boogie + Rudy Gay? Rudy may be overrated, but he is head and shoulders above anything on our roster. Even still, swapping cousins for Vucevic isn't worth very much. Definitely not worth the 15 extra wins it would take for us to make the playoffs. Truth be told, Cousins might be worth 4 or 5 more wins. A good coach gets us another 2 or 3. Hooray, we're now a 32 win team that traded our lottery pick.

What type of way is this to look at it?

Cousins would be our top 10 player. The guy you throw the ball to when you need a bucket.

We don't have a Rudy Gay (well, we do. Hoping we don't re-sign him), but we have an elite defensive young backcourt who works well off the ball.

I think Cousins here would be a big success.

You say this as if we are inventing the wheel. Every Kings fan thinks the exact same thing about Cousins as they watch their 30 win team. Sadly it takes more to win in the current NBA than dumping down low. We have 10 years of evidence to prove this.

Plus, our backcourt is not elite defensively. They are active and athletic. But no team is ever quivering when they see Orlando on the schedule.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#176 » by Skin » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:09 pm

We need basketball players. We don't need thugs.

Cousins is a good player, but the idea of needing nastiness is so overrated. I wouldn't describe the Spurs that way.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#177 » by woosah » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Skin wrote:We need basketball players. We don't need thugs.

Cousins is a good player, but the idea of needing nastiness is so overrated. I wouldn't describe the Spurs that way.

Who is a thug? Are you serious? This is getting ridiculous now.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#178 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 pm

:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#179 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Yea trading for cousins wouldnt solve much. Still cant shoot and still no rim protection.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#180 » by Skin » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:13 pm

woosah wrote:

Who is a thug? Are you serious? This is getting ridiculous now.

It is ridiculous. Is like personality trumps basketball skill. Vuc is made out to be the problem here way too often because he's not perceived to have a "nasty" demeanor.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic