ImageImageImageImage

OT: Mayweather/Pacquiao

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Re: OT: Mayweather/Pacquiao 

Post#61 » by ivDT » Sun May 3, 2015 9:28 pm

boxing desperately needs something like ufc or k-1, a league that can attract the best fighters and actually arrange the fights that the fans want to see. too bad that's never going to happen, though. to understand why, all you need to do is look at the kind of money pacquiao stands to make from a fight that he lost compared to what the highest paid kickboxers/mma fighters make.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Re: Re: OT: Mayweather/Pacquiao 

Post#62 » by cedric76 » Sun May 3, 2015 10:21 pm

OrlandO wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVhyrgWSBY[/youtube]

Awesome, so true
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#63 » by magicman123 » Mon May 4, 2015 5:00 pm

That wasn't a boxing match, more like dancing with the stars
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#64 » by vagnermagic » Mon May 4, 2015 6:19 pm

orlando1214 wrote:I really don't think this will be the great fight people are wanting it to be. I don't think either will be too aggressive and the match will come down to a decision where Manny get's screwed over and Mayweather wins. Nothing would make me happier than to see Pacquiao knock out Mayweather though.

You, sir, are good with predictions.

Congratulations.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#65 » by orlando1214 » Mon May 4, 2015 10:46 pm

vagnermagic wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:I really don't think this will be the great fight people are wanting it to be. I don't think either will be too aggressive and the match will come down to a decision where Manny get's screwed over and Mayweather wins. Nothing would make me happier than to see Pacquiao knock out Mayweather though.

You, sir, are good with predictions.

Congratulations.

I've seen enough of Mayweather's fight lately to know how the match would go. A lot of people did though, I mean that video of the "Punch-out" version of the fight was actually made before the fight even happened, and yet it was exactly how the fight went. That's how predictable it was. Not sure why people were hyping it up to be anything different. Sure maybe it would have been if Pac-man was 5 years younger, but that's why they Mayweather waited so long, because he could pretty much guarantee that the match would go the way it did.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#66 » by TreasureCoast » Tue May 5, 2015 4:17 pm

So Pacquiao had a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder the whole time and fought anyway, interesting..$$$
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#67 » by Hilltop » Wed May 6, 2015 4:41 am

And apparently he's getting sued for it too
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#68 » by KillMonger » Wed May 6, 2015 5:12 am

Wow man, torn rotator cuff and needs surgery.....Mayweather fought a smart fight and he controlled the fight but i did think that pac wasn't himself. Fighting with a torn rotator that you need surgery on will hinder you in some way, either way i'm just glad it's over now. Too much hype for what it turned out to be, though Jamie Foxx bombing on live t.v was amusing to no end
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#69 » by Gomagic44 » Thu May 7, 2015 3:29 am

fendilim wrote:
4real wrote:Pacquiao lost because he got hit more than he hit Mayweather. Plain and simple everyone complaining about Floyd "running", Do you expect him to stand there and get hit?

Not gonna lie, what you said is true. I expected Floyd to win this even if I supoort Manny. How do you expect Manny to hit him when Floyd just resorts to headlocks?

does anyone watch UFC? I hate to be the spoiler alert, but if your looking for a fight, boxing is the wrong sport nowadays. I appreciate the past. But boxing is done. Floyd would suck in the ufc. Just like James Toney did. Its a sport not a real competetion. imho. Rondha rousey would have a chance against floyd
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#70 » by ivDT » Thu May 7, 2015 5:16 am

eh. i dunno. based on his last fight, mayweather might have a future as a grappler.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#71 » by tiderulz » Thu May 7, 2015 12:26 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
4real wrote:Pacquiao lost because he got hit more than he hit Mayweather. Plain and simple everyone complaining about Floyd "running", Do you expect him to stand there and get hit?

Not gonna lie, what you said is true. I expected Floyd to win this even if I supoort Manny. How do you expect Manny to hit him when Floyd just resorts to headlocks?

does anyone watch UFC? I hate to be the spoiler alert, but if your looking for a fight, boxing is the wrong sport nowadays. I appreciate the past. But boxing is done. Floyd would suck in the ufc. Just like James Toney did. Its a sport not a real competetion. imho. Rondha rousey would have a chance against floyd

im a big UFC fan and i agree that is where fighting is. And one thing i like and Dana White running it, you would have seen this fight years ago. Every few months we there are title defenses with champs against real contenders.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,417

Post#72 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 7, 2015 12:26 pm

To me saying a boxer would be bad at UFC is like saying a nascar driver would be bad in Formula 1. They have similar elements and concepts but they're completely different sports, and few could crossover successfully.

edit: But yes, boxing is practically dead, and this fight might've been the nail in the coffin. The only hope boxing has is if some new exciting heavyweights come along. But given the concerns over concussions and all that these days, I doubt we ever see one again.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#73 » by tiderulz » Thu May 7, 2015 12:27 pm

ivDT wrote:eh. i dunno. based on his last fight, mayweather might have a future as a grappler.

Mayweather would get destroyed in an MMA fight against a real opponent, not a tin can like some of these other guys have done.

Every time Mayweather talks smack about the UFC and White offers to let him fight in the weight class and that he would match a pay day, Mayweather backs off.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#74 » by CraZyPraiZ » Thu May 7, 2015 3:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ivDT wrote:eh. i dunno. based on his last fight, mayweather might have a future as a grappler.

Mayweather would get destroyed in an MMA fight against a real opponent, not a tin can like some of these other guys have done.

Every time Mayweather talks smack about the UFC and White offers to let him fight in the weight class and that he would match a pay day, Mayweather backs off.

Mayweather would never be in a sport where he could get smacked consistently on his big head. Dude should be on dancing with the stars.
Kevin_Love42
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#75 » by Kevin_Love42 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:10 am

Only an idiot would think that a cross eyed, Cherry Picking, and steroid pumping midget could beat Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather skills are above Pacquiao. And he schooled a younger Marquez in 2009 while an older Marquez KTFO6 Manny in 2012.

Pacquiao is a product of the media overrating him cause they dislike Floyd . He look good against flat footed, and slow boxers, but struggled against movers, counter punchers.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#76 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:24 am

Candidate for strangest thread bump of all time right here.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Orlando Magic