ImageImageImageImage

Elfrid Payton discusses rookie season and more

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

lakers1017
Ballboy
And1: 6

Elfrid Payton discusses rookie season and more 

Post#1 » by lakers1017 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Saw this article on the website of Payton's hometown newspaper. Payton seems like a pretty nice kid, looking forward to see how much he improves this offseason. http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spor ... /28039973/
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Re: Elfrid Payton discusses rookie season and more 

Post#2 » by OrlDave » Thu May 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks for the post. Welcome to RealGM.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#3 » by drsd » Thu May 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Orlando needs to start winning games, or it seems as if Payton could want to become a Pelican (Payton with Davis is scary).

/.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#4 » by seeingstars » Thu May 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Good read. Our backcourt should be feisty and bold next year.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#5 » by eyriq » Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 pm

It's great. We have a great relationship on and off the court. He's someone who puts in a lot of work to make himself better," Payton said. "It's obviously going to take a lot of work, but I think we have the opportunity in the next few years to develop a really good partnership."
The two logged the best plus-minus rating of any Magic duo that logged 20 or more minutes this season, so Payton and Oladipo are already well on their way to achieving that goal.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#6 » by OrlandoDream » Thu May 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Thank you for sharing. I didn't know Elf was 6 th in the nba at getting to the basket. Glad he has been working on his game on finishing at the rim. Oladipo had trouble with that too but improved his second year. Hope to see the same from elf. Glad to see him and oladipo are working out together and building that relationship. Golden state has the splash brothers but after next year people are gonna be calling our guys The Slash Brothers. Get to the paint at will.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: Re: Elfrid Payton discusses rookie season and more 

Post#7 » by TDJacksonville » Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:Thank you for sharing. I didn't know Elf was 6 th in the nba at getting to the basket. Glad he has been working on his game on finishing at the rim. Oladipo had trouble with that too but improved his second year. Hope to see the same from elf. Glad to see him and oladipo are working out together and building that relationship. Golden state has the splash brothers but after next year people are gonna be calling our guys The Slash Brothers. Get to the paint at will.
if only both were even half as good as the splash brothers.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#8 » by OrlandoDream » Fri May 29, 2015 3:35 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Thank you for sharing. I didn't know Elf was 6 th in the nba at getting to the basket. Glad he has been working on his game on finishing at the rim. Oladipo had trouble with that too but improved his second year. Hope to see the same from elf. Glad to see him and oladipo are working out together and building that relationship. Golden state has the splash brothers but after next year people are gonna be calling our guys The Slash Brothers. Get to the paint at will.

Im not saying that they will be better then curry, but give them time. Splash bros have 10 seasons of nba experience compared to a sophomore and a rookie. Imagine the kind of players they will be with another 3 seasons under their belt. :wink:
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,634

Post#9 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:44 am

TDJacksonville wrote:

I just want them to be the best defensive backcourt.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#10 » by DontPushMe » Fri May 29, 2015 4:02 am

Hes a good player but I fear he's antiquated as an NBA pg. Seems the successful teams these days have scoring pgs who can shoot.
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,634

Post#11 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:08 am

DontPushMe wrote:Hes a good player but I fear he's antiquated as an NBA pg. Seems the successful teams these days have scoring pgs who can shoot.

Maybe Payton can be the exception.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
drsd
RealGM

Post#12 » by drsd » Fri May 29, 2015 11:26 am

DontPushMe wrote:Hes a good player but I fear he's antiquated as an NBA pg. Seems the successful teams these days have scoring pgs who can shoot.

Chris Paul, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Rajon Rondo, Jeff Teague, and Kyle Lowry do not agree with you.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#13 » by tiderulz » Fri May 29, 2015 11:56 am

drsd wrote:Orlando needs to start winning games, or it seems as if Payton could want to become a Pelican (Payton with Davis is scary).

/.

well, he isnt going anywhere for at least 4 more years
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 am

drsd wrote:

Chris Paul, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Rajon Rondo, Jeff Teague, and Kyle Lowry do not agree with you.

Paul, Teague, Lowry and Lawson can all score and can shoot.

Wall is a good example, as someone who came in without a shot and 4 years later has a decent shot that is still improving.

Unfortunately, Rondo is an example of someone who never improved their shot
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#15 » by UCFJayBird » Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm

tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:Orlando needs to start winning games, or it seems as if Payton could want to become a Pelican (Payton with Davis is scary).

/.

Beat me to it. And he'll also have to leave a ton of money on the table to do it (presumably). Unless he demands a trade, but that's rarely done while on a rookie contract.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#16 » by OrlDave » Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

/.

Beat me to it. And he'll also have to leave a ton of money on the table to do it (presumably). Unless he demands a trade, but that's rarely done while on a rookie contract.

And that seems to go completely against what I've seen of his personality so far anyway. If his main issue is food, hire a chef. But let's be honest, that's was the typical insecure reporter asking "tell us what wonderful thing about LA you miss" so Elf chooses the most diplomatic answer. He can't say the people, that's insulting to Orlando, so the food. Nobody doubts LA has unique food you really can't get in Orlando, nobody is offended, life goes on.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#17 » by tiderulz » Fri May 29, 2015 2:13 pm

OrlDave wrote:
And that seems to go completely against what I've seen of his personality so far anyway. If his main issue is food, hire a chef. But let's be honest, that's was the typical insecure reporter asking "tell us what wonderful thing about LA you miss" so Elf chooses the most diplomatic answer. He can't say the people, that's insulting to Orlando, so the food. Nobody doubts LA has unique food you really can't get in Orlando, nobody is offended, life goes on.

he can always go to Emerils. :D
drsd
RealGM

Post#18 » by drsd » Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm

OrlDave wrote:And that seems to go completely against what I've seen of his personality so far anyway. If his main issue is food, hire a chef. But let's be honest, that's was the typical insecure reporter asking "tell us what wonderful thing about LA you miss" so Elf chooses the most diplomatic answer. He can't say the people, that's insulting to Orlando, so the food. Nobody doubts LA has unique food you really can't get in Orlando, nobody is offended, life goes on.

One thing one can confidently see with Payton and Oladipo is that they do like winning more than any other thing. If a couple years from now Orlando is ripping off 60+ wins a season, this is all Moo.

If not, well, Orlando has bigger problems.

Return to Orlando Magic