ImageImageImageImage

OT - TMac is dead to me

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

OT - TMac is dead to me 

Post#1 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:13 pm

Talking about the Rockets in the LAC VS HOU matchup. (4:00 minute mark when referring to Houston):
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J1bSd_hHy0[/youtube]

Of course this is lighthearted but it took me by surprise.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Re: OT - TMac is dead to me 

Post#2 » by NBlue » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:19 pm

huh?
thelead
RealGM

Post#3 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:24 pm

NBlue wrote:huh?

Regarding Houston: "Our team is not playing together"

Didn't think that a kid born and raised 30 minutes from the arena and spent some of his best years here, would refer to another team as "his" team. That's all. Like I said, this is lighthearted... I'm tired of spinning in circles about the same 5 or 6 prospects that won't play more than 20mpg next year anyway.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#4 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:44 pm

thelead wrote:

Didn't think that a kid born and raised 30 minutes from the arena

Bartow is easily an hour and fifteen to an hour and thirty minutes away depending on your route and ye olde I-4 traffic.

thelead wrote:

and spent some of his best years here, would refer to another team as "his" team.

then you must not remember the year 2004 and why T-Mac will probably never embrace his years in Orlando as the best of his career.
thelead
RealGM

Post#5 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:58 pm

theTHIEF wrote:
thelead wrote:

Bartow is easily an hour and fifteen to an hour and thirty minutes away depending on your route and ye olde I-4 traffic.

thelead wrote:

and spent some of his best years here, would refer to another team as "his" team.

then you must not remember the year 2004 and why T-Mac will probably never embrace his years in Orlando as the best of his career.

okay....
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#6 » by Truth24 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:24 pm

thelead wrote:

Didn't think that a kid born and raised 30 minutes from the arena and spent some of his best years here, would refer to another team as "his" team. That's all. Like I said, this is lighthearted... I'm tired of spinning in circles about the same 5 or 6 prospects that won't play more than 20mpg next year anyway.

T-Mac has a lot of love for Houston because of how they handled him with his knee injuries and he really loved his time here in Texas.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#7 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:33 pm

He's been dead to me a lot longer ago than this.
thelead
RealGM

Post#8 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:35 pm

Truth24 wrote:
thelead wrote:

T-Mac has a lot of love for Houston because of how they handled him with his knee injuries and he really loved his time here in Texas.

I get all of that... I've been following the team obsessively since 1994. It just sounded weird from a former Auburndale High School star that had MVP caliber seasons playing for his hometown team.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#9 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:45 pm

f him
who cares
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#10 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 2, 2015 6:33 pm

i still love him. he gave us some of the best viewing years in a long time. he was rivalling Kobe in his best years here. it was an absolute joy to watch him.

i feel the same way about Dwight (even though he's become a massive knob post Orlando), Penny and Shaq.
thelead
RealGM

Post#11 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 6:36 pm

Bensational wrote:i still love him. he gave us some of the best viewing years in a long time. he was rivalling Kobe in his best years here. it was an absolute joy to watch him.

i feel the same way about Dwight (even though he's become a massive knob post Orlando), Penny and Shaq.

I guess you completely missed the note after the video: "Of course this is lighthearted but it took me by surprise." I don't hate the guy. In fact, he still is my favorite Magic player (followed VERY closely by Penny). What we witnessed in the TMac era was special.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#12 » by JF5 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 6:38 pm

Why are Magic fans so bitter about past superstars...

It was 10 years ago... Get over it...
thelead
RealGM

Post#13 » by thelead » Tue Jun 2, 2015 6:43 pm

JF5 wrote:Why are Magic fans so bitter about past superstars...

It was 10 years ago... Get over it...

thelead wrote:
Bensational wrote:i still love him. he gave us some of the best viewing years in a long time. he was rivalling Kobe in his best years here. it was an absolute joy to watch him.

I guess you completely missed the note after the video: "Of course this is lighthearted but it took me by surprise." I don't hate the guy. In fact, he still is my favorite Magic player (followed VERY closely by Penny). What we witnessed in the TMac era was special.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#14 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 2, 2015 7:00 pm

thelead wrote:

nah i saw it. i was just adding my own sentiments on the matter.

watching our team right now, you really feel the difference between having a Shaq/Penny/Tmac/Dwight vs having Vuc/Oladipo/Harris. the only guy on this team that gives me the same feeling as those past names is Elf.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#15 » by TreasureCoast » Tue Jun 2, 2015 8:28 pm

theTHIEF wrote:
thelead wrote:

thelead wrote:

Bartow? he is from Bartow? I don't blame him for forgetting where he came from, that place is a depressing dung dispenser. And it is closer to Tampa then Orlando.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#16 » by OrlandO » Tue Jun 2, 2015 8:49 pm

thelead wrote:

He spent twice as much time in Houston with a better overall team and still lives there now... not sure why you'd be surprised?
magickingdom
Rookie
And1: 84

Post#17 » by magickingdom » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:46 pm

Who was TMac again?
"Welcome to the MAGIC's KINGDOM !"
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#18 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:47 pm

I love Tmac. He was the only player I got a signature shoe of.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#19 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:56 pm

I don't really have hate for T-Mac, can't say the same with Shaq and Dwight.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#20 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:56 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:
theTHIEF wrote:
thelead wrote:Didn't think that a kid born and raised 30 minutes from the arena

thelead wrote:and spent some of his best years here, would refer to another team as "his" team.

Bartow? he is from Bartow? I don't blame him for forgetting where he came from, that place is a depressing dung dispenser. And it is closer to Tampa then Orlando.

Actully he is from Auburndale, just north of Lakeland.

Return to Orlando Magic