ImageImageImageImage

Demarcus Cousins trade question

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Re: Demarcus Cousins trade question 

Post#41 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 8, 2015 12:17 pm

drsd wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Yikes. He'd instantly be the best player by far on the Magic so you must not think highly of our chances to win a title.

Saying Demarcus Cousins is a great player might be like calling Vince Carter a great player. These are stats guys that do not have that winner's glow to them.

i think it is all situation. Zbow had a low reputation and has been great in Memphis.

I know there are more examples but i just cant think of them this morning.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#42 » by CraZyPraiZ » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:02 pm

drsd wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Yikes. He'd instantly be the best player by far on the Magic so you must not think highly of our chances to win a title.

Saying Demarcus Cousins is a great player might be like calling Vince Carter a great player. These are stats guys that do not have that winner's glow to them.

Ahh if only I could have said it better. Like I said this is a definite no. I'll take my chances with Vuc. No way in hell I trade Elf as he's the only reason I watched last year once it became apparent that we weren't headed anywhere.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#43 » by j-ragg » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:07 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:
drsd wrote:

Ahh if only I could have said it better. Like I said this is a definite no. I'll take my chances with Vuc. No way in hell I trade Elf as he's the only reason I watched last year once it became apparent that we weren't headed anywhere.

Being a fan of a team with Nik freaking Vucevic on it and calling someone else out for being all about stats is mind blowingly hilarious.

Do yourself a favor. Venture outside the Magic board sometime. Not everyone thinks we have superstars at every position believe it or not.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#44 » by CraZyPraiZ » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:17 pm

j-ragg wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:
drsd wrote:

Being a fan of a team with Nik freaking Vucevic on it and calling someone else out for being all about stats is mind blowingly hilarious.

Do yourself a favor. Venture outside the Magic board sometime. Not everyone thinks we have superstars at every position believe it or not.

Actually their stats are pretty damn close. Why would I need a million opinions. as they say opinions are like ****. We all have one. You have yours and I have mine. Again there is no way in hell I trade Vuc, our 5th and Elf for this guy. No damn way. Way too much for a guy who has not done any more than Vuc has except for posting good numbers. Is DeMarcus better? Yeah I'd say slightly. And yeah I'd do it for Vuc and the LA pick. No more.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#45 » by j-ragg » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:20 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:

Actually their stats are pretty damn close. Why would I need a million opinions. as they say opinions are like ****. We all have one. You have yours and I have mine. Again there is no way in hell I trade Vuc, our 5th and Elf for this guy. No damn way. Way too much for a guy who has not done any more than Vuc has except for posting good numbers. Is DeMarcus better? Yeah I'd say slightly. And yeah I'd do it for Vuc and the LA pick. No more.

I have no problem with an opinion and I have no problem with not wanting to trade our entire core for him. I wouldn't do that trade either in your post.

I just hate discrediting an obvious top 12 player in the league because he's in the misery that is Sacramento. Team is a mess.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Demarcus Cousins trade question 

Post#46 » by Max Power » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:36 pm

As a player Demarcus Cousins is fabulous, but I don't believe you build around him if you want to win. Look at the number one guys on teams that are winning, Duncan, Lebron, Steph, Durant, even Kobe. They all embrace being the face of their franchise, it reads on their faces. They don't whine to the media constantly, they don't get in wars of words with media who criticize them ( Cousins v Barkley), and they drip team pride. Again not digging Cousins talent, but he really is the second superstar on a real title contender if he gets there. He's no lead dog.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Orlando Magic