ImageImageImageImage

When will the Magic make a new anniversary DVD?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TodGre
Sophomore
And1: 28

When will the Magic make a new anniversary DVD? 

Post#1 » by TodGre » Mon Jun 8, 2015 6:05 pm

I met my wife a few years ago and have made her into a big Magic fan, however she has only known this new/rebuilding era that we are currently in. I would love for her to attempt to relive what we've been through as Magic fans over the yrs. Sure I can tell her about "good 'ol days" but she can't really relate when all she knows is Oladipo, Vucevic, Payton, Afflalo, and a guy named Jameer Nelson who was a shadow of his former self. I still have my 10th Anniversary VHS tape "A Magical Decade", but didn't want to show her that one until there was a 20th or 25th anniversary DVD to follow it with (hate to leave her with a 15 yr gap from '99-'13).

When I didn't see the 20th anniversary DVD come out, I figured, maybe they were just waiting for a 25th anniversary DVD. I will admit I was SHOCKED when I didn't find anything at the 25th yr (after another championship run and at the start of a new rebuild). Can anyone shed any light on if/when we will ever see any type of anniversary DVD that rivals the 10th Anniversary "A Magical Decade" released back in 1999?
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Re: When will the Magic make a new anniversary DVD? 

Post#2 » by GANGSTERDOG » Tue Jun 9, 2015 2:31 am

Probably when we win the Ship in 2021
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#3 » by TodGre » Tue Jun 9, 2015 6:12 pm

In all seriousness though, 25th anniversary would've been perfect. Maybe wait for when we win the championship in our 30th yr?
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#4 » by seeingstars » Tue Jun 9, 2015 7:46 pm

I'd buy any DVD the magic sell ANY
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#5 » by TodGre » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 pm

The question should be IF they make any DVD at all. Such a shame that they haven't put together anything since 1999. That was a generation ago for Magic fans. Most new/newer fans don't know of anything before Dwight/Jameer. Personally I didn't start watching regularly until 1998, so "A Magical Decade" got me up to speed on the first 10 yrs of the program. There is so much that can be covered... Heart and hustle, Mike Miller, T-Mac/Grant Hill, Dwight/Jameer, adding Hedo, Rashard, and Redick. 2009 Finals run (1 yr ahead of schedule), blowing it up to bring in Vince Carter (team underperformed as still lacking a real PF). Then Dwight drama and 4 lottery picks (including this yr). So much to cover during that time, 3 rebuilds (1999, 2004, 2013) plus some deep playoff/Finals runs (2009/10).
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#6 » by seeingstars » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:40 am

TodGre wrote:The question should be IF they make any DVD at all. Such a shame that they haven't put together anything since 1999. That was a generation ago for Magic fans. Most new/newer fans don't know of anything before Dwight/Jameer. Personally I didn't start watching regularly until 1998, so "A Magical Decade" got me up to speed on the first 10 yrs of the program. There is so much that can be covered... Heart and hustle, Mike Miller, T-Mac/Grant Hill, Dwight/Jameer, adding Hedo, Rashard, and Redick. 2009 Finals run (1 yr ahead of schedule), blowing it up to bring in Vince Carter (team underperformed as still lacking a real PF). Then Dwight drama and 4 lottery picks (including this yr). So much to cover during that time, 3 rebuilds (1999, 2004, 2013) plus some deep playoff/Finals runs (2009/10).

8 Bluray box set. I'll take 2
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#7 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:09 am

I am surprised teams don't do all kinds of DVD's on a regular basis. Super easy to produce. All of the footage is there. Every team should have a "year in review" type DVD on an annual basis. You can also put out DVD's for each "era". We'd have one for the "Expansion Years", "Shaq & Penny", "Heart & Hustle", "T-Mac", "D12", and "The Rebuild".

I'd buy everyone of those.
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#8 » by TodGre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:41 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:I am surprised teams don't do all kinds of DVD's on a regular basis. Super easy to produce. All of the footage is there. Every team should have a "year in review" type DVD on an annual basis. You can also put out DVD's for each "era". We'd have one for the "Expansion Years", "Shaq & Penny", "Heart & Hustle", "T-Mac", "D12", and "The Rebuild".

I'd buy everyone of those.

I second that. Who can we talk to in the Magic organization to voice the fact that the fans are really desiring a DVD/Blu-Ray of the team's achievements over the years?
mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#9 » by mityamag » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Is there any possibility to find anniversary DVD (A Magical decade) on torrents?
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#10 » by TodGre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:12 pm

mityamag wrote:Is there any possibility to find anniversary DVD (A Magical decade) on torrents?

I have it on VHS. Lol. I'm curious if it was even released on DVD or only VHS.
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#11 » by TodGre » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Anybody heard anything on this? Any anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray or anything in the works out there? I will probably check back every once in awhile to see if anybody has any new info regarding a Magic video coming out.
ButchMcRae
Junior
And1: 167

Post#12 » by ButchMcRae » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 pm

I would imagine there would be one from our 2010 season when we made it to the finals. There is the 30 for 30 coming out for the Magic for our 95' Shaq/Penny era. Anything else your kinda forced to view everything through YouTube. Strongly recommend some of Maxamillion711 video mixes
ButchMcRae
Junior
And1: 167

Post#13 » by ButchMcRae » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:22 pm

http://youtu.be/xnIU2sJzoOM here's a good video I found on YouTube that breaks down the different eras. Hope this helps for now.
TodGre
Sophomore

Post#14 » by TodGre » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks, I will check out the the Youtube videos until the Magic release their 30th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray (Fingers Crossed).

Return to Orlando Magic