ImageImageImageImage

The case for Mario Hezonja

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Re: The case for Mario Hezonja 

Post#341 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:59 am

Immature Luigi wrote:
majortom71 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:I'll be on board no matter what, but we aren't taking Hezonja. I guarantee it.

This is glorious! :lol:

haven't seen him since

:lol:
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#342 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:29 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:
majortom71 wrote:This is glorious! :lol:

haven't seen him since

Been busy on vacation. Not gonna lie I was shocked. I never would of thought Henny would take a guy who was so cocky and arrogant when literally every other guy he has gotten so far were much more down to earth and humble. Not sure how well skiles will get along with a volatile guy like Mario.

I've had my plate of crow.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#343 » by SOUL » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:56 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/616375779132375041[/tweet]
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#344 » by majortom71 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:34 am

OrlandoNed wrote:
Beast_Reality wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:haven't seen him since

Been busy on vacation. Not gonna lie I was shocked. I never would of thought Henny would take a guy who was so cocky and arrogant when literally every other guy he has gotten so far were much more down to earth and humble. Not sure how well skiles will get along with a volatile guy like Mario.

I think Mario's personality has been over exaggerated a bit, not saying he's not cocky but I'm sure Henny feels that he can work within this team.
Also what you said makes me think that having all these humble guys on the team makes it so no one really emerges as a leader. I think they are fine with Hezonja eventually stepping into that "alpha male" role that teams need.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#345 » by ChosunX » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:06 am

majortom71 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
Beast_Reality wrote: :lol:

I think Mario's personality has been over exaggerated a bit, not saying he's not cocky but I'm sure Henny feels that he can work within this team.
Also what you said makes me think that having all these humble guys on the team makes it so no one really emerges as a leader. I think they are fine with Hezonja eventually stepping into that "alpha male" role that teams need.

I like the idea of Dipo as a alpha dog. What would be wrong with that?
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#346 » by seeingstars » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:13 pm

ChosunX wrote:
majortom71 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:Been busy on vacation. Not gonna lie I was shocked. I never would of thought Henny would take a guy who was so cocky and arrogant when literally every other guy he has gotten so far were much more down to earth and humble. Not sure how well skiles will get along with a volatile guy like Mario.

I like the idea of Dipo as a alpha dog. What would be wrong with that?

Agreed. I actually think we'll have a band of brothers actually, all holding each other accountable as learned from master splinter (Skiles)
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#347 » by drsd » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:23 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/619230923687600128[/tweet]

Good news for team Magic.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#348 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:32 am

drsd wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/619230923687600128[/tweet]

Good news for us.... bad news for his countrymen.

Making sure the checks gonna come instead of injuries?
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#349 » by Cro_Ruption » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:02 am

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/619230923687600128[/tweet]

I hope he skips out for us honestly. I love the national team but I think he needs to stay healthy and learn the nba system. Get used to it. Then in a year or two come back to the national team and bring his nba experience with him.
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#350 » by MrTwister » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I hope he skips out for us honestly. I love the national team but I think he needs to stay healthy and learn the nba system. Get used to it. Then in a year or two come back to the national team and bring his nba experience with him.

IMO i think problem is insurance he has to pay to Magic if he decides to play on Eurobasket.He already had to pay for a hefty buyout to come to Orlando, so i doubt he has much money left.He cant practice for almost a month because of the NBA/FIBA agreement about NBA players, but CRO basketball federation could pay it for him if he is a candidate to make a team after final cut(which i think he is).Considering latest scandal about shoes and u19 tournament where they suspended Bender over shoe deal its normal to have some doubts about playing on Eurobasket.

Porzingis is also set up to miss Eurobasket, so I'd not be surprised if Mario decided to skip it too in order to get his things in order before training camp.I've heard he is still in Orlando for about a week or so and then he returns to Croatia.He will probably talk to CRO coach there and i think he will probably play, since part of it is held in Croatia and they wont miss to showcase his talent in front of the home crowd.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: Re: The case for Mario Hezonja 

Post#351 » by Neon1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:09 pm

RookieStar wrote:

Maybe it's because he might not even be selected so he doesn't know if he'd be on the team or not.

Was he selected for the team last time they played?
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#352 » by TheTrooper » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Neon1 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Maybe it's because he might not even be selected so he doesn't know if he'd be on the team or not.

Yes he was for the WC. He was a benchwarmer though.
THere is no way he is not going to be selected for the 12 man squad if he decides to play.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#353 » by Rosque » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Neon1 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

the roster for eurobasket is finished with open (i think, not much in the loop last 7-8 days) last roster spot which will receive an 18-19 year old player. probably arapovic
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: Re: Re: The case for Mario Hezonja 

Post#354 » by Neon1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:26 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
Neon1 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Yes he was for the WC. He was a benchwarmer though.
THere is no way he is not going to be selected for the 12 man squad if he decides to play.

Okay, cool. Hope he gets on and plays a significant role. The more high level basketball the better for these young guys imo.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#355 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Then again, he might be pulled from playing so no injuries(knock on wood) will happen.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,606

Post#356 » by ogmagicfan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:47 pm

I'd prefer he stays and puts on a lil more weight and get accustomed to NBA style of play and just the American lifestyle. He can play for the Croatian team in a yr or two with his improved skills.

Return to Orlando Magic