ImageImageImageImage

Winslow?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TodGre
Sophomore
And1: 28

Winslow? 

Post#1 » by TodGre » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm

The closer we get to the draft, the more I feel like the Magic will wind up with Justice Winslow. People seem to be rather "meh" on him. Guessing he has high floor but a lower ceiling? I haven't been too keen on him either as a 6'6" SF, but giving more thought to him maybe as a SG? Does he have more potential than Oladipo? If so, would Orlando consider trading Dipo for a defensive big? Porzingis, or other established NBA big? If it came down to Winslow or Hezonja, I'd go with Hezonja, but I feel the Knicks are taking 1 of KP, Hezonja, or Winslow, and so are we. NYK or ORL could both trade down however. Thoughts on Winslow? I just don't know what to think of this guy at all. He doesn't look that quick with the ball (could be an issue at SG). His jumping ability could help him at the SF for spot minutes but kind of reminds me of a Tyreke Evans at the SF spot.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Re: Winslow? 

Post#2 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Dipo isn't going anywhere but i disagree i think there are quite a few people high on him because they believe at our spot he's the BPA. Me personally though i'm meh on him, i like him but i think he's a SG in the NBA who can guard 3's occasionally but that's just me. Don't believe in his shot, could draw fouls but he shot like 60 something percent from the line not what you want, ball-handling isn't near as tight as it should be for me so it's hard to buy the James harden comparison.

He definitley fits the culture we're trying to build but these past drafts, Oladipo/Payton/Gordon all high draft picks all defensive minded prospects i think we need to address the offense now in my opinion and plug up whatever else we need in Free Agency. That's why i think the pick should be either Kristaps or hezonja, for offense and spacing especially KP because of that 7"6 wingspan paired with his above average athleticism i'm sure skiles can do something with that.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#3 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:46 pm

I dont think he has much potential and definitely not more than dipo.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#4 » by Versubio » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 pm

He's not very exciting for me. Seems very redundant, with what we already have.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#5 » by OrlandO » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 pm

I'd prefer to draft a PF and call it a day. I want our squad returning for one year under skiles to see what we truly have with them...
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#6 » by Viper1500 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 pm

#1 Porzingis
#2a Winslow
#2b Hezonja

One of these.. I'll be happy.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#7 » by seeingstars » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 pm

I want 3s from every where behind the line, not just 2 spots. Winslow's a good prospect don't get me wrong, I just feel we need a lot more than what he provides. I want either 2 of the Euros or to trade back for WCS Myles Turner & Bobby Portis + vets or picks.

I really like Turner, I think that he could be a Ibaka/ Aldridge lite

Return to Orlando Magic