ImageImageImageImage

5th Pick, Mario Hezonja: SUPER MARIO HYPE THREAD

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,140

Re: 5th Pick, Mario Hezonja: SUPER MARIO HYPE THREAD 

Post#901 » by eyriq » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 am

I would like to see him start after trading Harris Dec 15
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,392

Post#902 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:08 am

My favorite quote from Hezonja is when Denton asked him something and he was lke "YOU ASKED ME THAT YESTERDAY" I mean holy crap Denton, I know you work for the Magic, but the guy asks the same question every interview and if he doesn't he switches to the same angle depending on the player.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#903 » by thelead » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 am

SOUL wrote:My favorite quote from Hezonja is when Denton asked him something and he was lke "YOU ASKED ME THAT YESTERDAY" I mean holy crap Denton, I know you work for the Magic, but the guy asks the same question every interview and if he doesn't he switches to the same angle depending on the player.

Hezonja is a straight shooter man. That dude gives zero f's. :lol: I love it.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Post#904 » by AddiFB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:31 am

If Harris is "All Business" then Hezonja is "No Nonsense"
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,634

Post#905 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:39 am

Does anyone know if Vuc and Mario speak the same language? Now, before you all go crazy on me and tell me they are from two different places, I ask you this because i know Vuc knows and speaks multiple languages.

I am really hoping that this team hit it off, chemistry wise.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#906 » by Versubio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:47 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Does anyone know if Vuc and Mario speak the same language? Now, before you all go crazy on me and tell me they are from two different places, I ask you this because i know Vuc knows and speaks multiple languages.

They both speak Serbian.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-mario-hezonja-0703-20150702-story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Vu%C4%8Devi%C4%87
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#907 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 am

Versubio wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Does anyone know if Vuc and Mario speak the same language? Now, before you all go crazy on me and tell me they are from two different places, I ask you this because i know Vuc knows and speaks multiple languages.

They both speak Serbian.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-mario-hezonja-0703-20150702-story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Vu%C4%8Devi%C4%87

Thank you.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#908 » by TheTrooper » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 am

Officially it's a different language (montenegrin and croatian), but they can understand each other perfectly.
In Yugolslav era that language was called serbo-croatian language.

@Versubio it's not really Serbian.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#909 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:10 am

TheTrooper wrote:

Officially it's a different language (montenegrin and croatian), but they can understand each other perfectly.

Thanks for the info.

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#910 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 am

SOUL wrote:My favorite quote from Hezonja is when Denton asked him something and he was lke "YOU ASKED ME THAT YESTERDAY" I mean holy crap Denton, I know you work for the Magic, but the guy asks the same question every interview and if he doesn't he switches to the same angle depending on the player.

I enjoyed during the press conference when Rob (I think) asked if there was any more questions and a reporter requested a photo of the draft picks holding their jerseys again and Hezonja said "That's not a question." I think I'm going to enjoy his, Channing, and Evan's pressors this season. They seem to be straight forward. :)

MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#911 » by MrTwister » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:13 am

They will be able to speak and understand each other perfectly.Best way to describe differences between most ex-yugo languages is by comparing that situation with British English vs American English.Some words are different, accents is different,some slang words are different but there is no real language barrier there :D
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#912 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:14 am

MrTwister wrote:

They will be able to speak and understand each other perfectly.Best way to describe differences between most ex-yugo languages is by comparing that situation with British English vs American English.Some words are different, accents is different,some slang words are different but there is no real language barrier there :D

:)

Versubio
Veteran

Post#913 » by Versubio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:40 am

TheTrooper wrote:

Sorry, I was just quoting the article.
Versubio
Veteran

Post#914 » by Versubio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:42 am

MrTwister wrote:

Interesting, didn't know it was that similar.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#915 » by MrTwister » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:55 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sofoklo13/status/621956901870399488[/tweet]

More good news for Orlando(Perasovic is Croatia NT coach).I can say i am bummed i wont get to see him on Eurobasket, but its certainly better for Magic to get some rest and get ready for training camp.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#916 » by TheTrooper » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:00 pm

MrTwister wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/sofoklo13/status/621956901870399488[/tweet]

More good news for Orlando(Perasovic is Croatia NT coach).I can say i am bummed i wont get to see him on Eurobasket, but its certainly better for Magic to get some rest and get ready for training camp.

F*** him if he decides not to play.
I wish him all the best in his NBA career, I honestly want him to be the leagues MVP, but If he doesn't want now, he might as well never play for the NT again. I would be pissed if some coach in the future decides to call him up and he has the face to show up if he gives the NT the middle finger now.

It's amazing what kind of **** these basketball players often turn out to be. Oversized bodies, undersized hearts. Things like this make me appreciate our soccer and handball players even more.Those are guys who never ever turn down a call from the NT and do everything to get it. Many of them even risk injuries and decide to play not fully recovered. These guys on the other hand are trying to do whatever they can not to come.They have made so many different excuses not to play in the last 10-15 years it's really unbelievable.

And someone wonders why they are not as respected as some other NT and why basketball is not as popular as it used to be once.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#917 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:31 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
MrTwister wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/sofoklo13/status/621956901870399488[/tweet]

F*** him if he decides not to play.
I wish him all the best in his NBA career, I honestly want him to be the leagues MVP, but If he doesn't want now, he might as well never play for the NT again. I would be pissed if some coach in the future decides to call him up and he has the face to show up if he gives the NT the middle finger now.

It's amazing what kind of **** these basketball players often turn out to be. Oversized bodies, undersized hearts. Things like this make me appreciate our soccer and handball players even more.Those are guys who never ever turn down a call from the NT and do everything to get it. Many of them even risk injuries and decide to play not fully recovered. These guys on the other hand are trying to do whatever they can not to come.They have made so many different excuses not to play in the last 10-15 years it's really unbelievable.

And someone wonders why they are not as respected as some other NT and why basketball is not as popular as it used to be once.

Basketball is as popular as its ever been. I honestly don't care if they turned down their NT, this is basketball and playing for the National team is not the biggest accomplishment in basketball like it may be in other sports and its certainly not their biggest paycheck. Plus the NBA players already play a grueling 82 season plus the playoffs and preseason. These guys need the rest to recover and be ready for the next season, so even if Lebron said I am not playing for team USA it wouldn't bother me.
aka: prorl
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#918 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Any reason why he turns down playing for Eurobasket?

I can understand if it's cuz he knows the coach will just bench him or something but I wanna know the reason why.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#919 » by seeingstars » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:58 pm

RookieStar wrote:Any reason why he turns down playing for Eurobasket?

I can understand if it's cuz he knows the coach will just bench him or something but I wanna know the reason why.

Playing a full euro season then moving to Orlando then playing in EuroBasket then playing in training camp then playing 82 games and hopefully into the playoffs.

That's a lot of wear and tear on the body and mind. Rest when you can man.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Inqui
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#920 » by Inqui » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:20 am

RookieStar wrote:Any reason why he turns down playing for Eurobasket?

Speaking as a NZer, it's probably a similar reason to why Steven Adams turned down a spot at the World Cup qualifiers shortly after getting drafted, and then the World Cup itself the next year. There were the usual reasons of resting up and insurance complications, but he also really wanted to play in the summer league and do offseason workouts with the OKC coaches so he could get more immersed in their system and better adjust to the NBA's style of play. It's pretty selfish to accuse people of lacking national pride in this fan's opinion (that was aimed more at the guy a few posts above).

There'll be another EuroBasket in two years' time, and Mario can head over then if he's more comfortable in the NBA. Just like how I'd expect Adams to be in the picture for the 2019 World Cup. I'd mention the Olympics, but we're going to get dicked by Australia again so that won't matter.

Return to Orlando Magic