ImageImageImageImage

So Orlando definitely needs to sign or trade for a backup point guard

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Re: So Orlando definitely needs to sign or trade for a backup point guard 

Post#41 » by TreasureCoast » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:29 am

CJ mother **** Watson Ya'll!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#42 » by drsd » Sat Jul 4, 2015 6:36 am

TreasureCoast wrote:CJ mother **** Watson Ya'll!!!

A clear upgrade over Ridnour and Green. Bringing in SIva as the 3rd stringer, the PG depth chart would be solid and complete.

What I really like about the Watson deal is it protects the team against a Payton injury.

VucchiManee
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#43 » by VucchiManee » Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:31 am

Landshark wrote:
VucchiManee wrote:
Landshark wrote:
I was thinking about that as well. If we want both Hezonja and Fournier to get minutes in our wing rotation, Dipo will have to play some PG. Backup PG is an area we should explore for depth purposes, but it's not a glaring need.

Don't see why Oladipo should play backup point when we can sign a guy like Jameer to come in and take on that role. To me it was clear that Oladipo is not a point guard and I'd much rather have a vet with playoff experience take the reigns there.

Then who would be the odd man out, Fournier or Hezonja? Skiles described Dipo as a 2/1, and with the roster as currently constructed, he'll need to play some 1 to free up minutes at the 2 for other guys in our rotation. Signing a veteran PG like Jameer isn't a bad idea. I just want to make sure posters here don't take out their pitchforks if we don't sign whomever they have in mind since a backup PG wouldn't have a major role on this team anyway.

Well looks like CJ Watson will be taking the reigns here. I see Hezonja playing the 3/2, fournier 2/3 he is 6'7, Harkless 3/4. Harris and Gordon both starting at the forward spots I imagine. Watson only really needs to play 15-20 a night depending on situations.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#44 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:01 am

The Magic have their man in C.J. Watson.

It's possible The Magic will sign a third point guard although Oladipo, Fournier and maybe even Hezonja could fill that role if needed.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Post#45 » by chosen12141 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:05 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Magic have their man in C.J. Watson.

It's possible The Magic will sign a third point guard although Oladipo, Fournier and maybe even Hezonja could fill that role if needed.

Solid pick up! Well developed and seasoned vet! Solid! I had hopes for a Nelson return, but I guess we are not looking back.......

and that speaks volumes as well!! Feeling good!! If we can get AG and Dedmon developed......wow! :nod: :nod:
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#46 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:49 pm

Tyler will be the third stringer if he does well in the Summer League. Besides, Oladipo may play some point at times as well.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#47 » by the_hobo » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:37 pm

I mean, sure we got Watson, but is he going to fit our mold? He's 31... our other guards are 20-22. Speed is going to be an issue with this man. Maybe Henny is looking for 2 different squads; A-team being our run-and-gun, and then B-team being our slow and steady guys. Feel like Watson, Nicholson, and Dedmon would play well together.
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson

Return to Orlando Magic