ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Offseason 2015-'16) cont.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Offseason 2015-'16) cont. 

Post#2401 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Thu Sep 3, 2015 3:51 am

j-ragg wrote:Just pulled the trigger on a 12 game plan.

Was going to do a 10 game plan but then they said if you do 12 games it's 10% off the total. So the last 2 games ended up being free, or close to it.

Got really good seats to Denver, Utah, and Philly. Good seats for Houston to get hammered and boo Dwight.

I think we're going to be the most fun, or at least top 5 in terms of most fun to watch this season so I hope it's a good one.

Nice I didn't renew my season tickets but did do a 7 game flex plan. You picked some fun games. I am going to the Lakers game, Bucks, Hawks, Clippers, Hornets and can't remember the other two but kinda lower level teams. I tried to pick a few games with parity so that I can enjoy myself. If anyone is doing season tix the Magic really are trying hard to keep everyone engaged. They did a barbecue event as well as a craft beer night which I went to last year. This could be a nice year overall and it Should be fun to watch Hezonja :)
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#2402 » by KillMonger » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:23 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:That was a sweet arse pass, but not a "No Look" pass. His eyes were on the guy he was passing to.

his eyes were yes but he didn't turn his head so from the defender's perspective it's a no-look from our sort of bird's eye view not so much
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#2403 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:10 am

FFBlitzace wrote:Off topic comment:

I've followed baseball pretty closely this season. My girlfriend likes the Red Sox, and while I don't identify as a fan of a specific baseball team, I've watched nearly every Red Sox game this year. And since I'm incapable of just casually watching a sport, I've followed along pretty closely, including lurking some message boards. Now, I've been here on RealGM a long time, and witnessed a lot of trolling. But the low-IQ trolling I have witnessed from Yankees fans in such a comparatively brief amount of time is nothing short of astounding. Those guys make Raptors trolls look like the most gentlemanly scholars you've ever met.

I have friends who are Yankees fans. Believe me, I feel your pain.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#2404 » by j-ragg » Thu Sep 3, 2015 11:43 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:

Was going to do a 10 game plan but then they said if you do 12 games it's 10% off the total. So the last 2 games ended up being free, or close to it.

Got really good seats to Denver, Utah, and Philly. Good seats for Houston to get hammered and boo Dwight.

I think we're going to be the most fun, or at least top 5 in terms of most fun to watch this season so I hope it's a good one.

Nice I didn't renew my season tickets but did do a 7 game flex plan. You picked some fun games. I am going to the Lakers game, Bucks, Hawks, Clippers, Hornets and can't remember the other two but kinda lower level teams. I tried to pick a few games with parity so that I can enjoy myself. If anyone is doing season tix the Magic really are trying hard to keep everyone engaged. They did a barbecue event as well as a craft beer night which I went to last year. This could be a nice year overall and it Should be fun to watch Hezonja :)

lol yeah I mean we were fun to watch last year essentially adding Mario and AG, should be lot of fun. I got Washington, Boston, Philly, Utah, Houston, Denver, Milwaukee and few others. Tried to get younger team that would be more competitive and not like NY and LAL because those are a rip.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#2405 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 3, 2015 12:12 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:That was a sweet arse pass, but not a "No Look" pass. His eyes were on the guy he was passing to.

his eyes were yes but he didn't turn his head so from the defender's perspective it's a no-look from our sort of bird's eye view not so much

To me it looked like he turned his head towards the guy as he was passing it to him. A no look means he never looked at the guy as he was passing to him from my experience. Regardless, the defense was never going to stop a pass like that in transition. This just means that Mario has a very solid BBIQ which could translate to being more of a rotation player this upcoming season early on than later.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#2406 » by Def Swami » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:35 pm

Ran across this interesting stat today while reading an article posted by BBALLBREAKDOWN last month:
Oladipo’s 17.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.1 apg, and 1.7 steals a game at 22 years old puts him among an impressive list of guards in Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Kevin Johsnon, and Isiah Thomas to reach such lofty numbers at such a young age.

Oh, and of the eight 22-year-old guards to reach the “17.8-4-4-1.6” plateau? Seven made at least one all-star game by age 23 (Iverson not being selected as an all-star despite averaging almost 24-4-6 his first three years in the league is a travesty). Let’s pencil in Oladipo for a trip to Toronto for the 2016 All-Star game now, shall we?

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/08/13/bball-breakdowns-breakout-players/
Looking forward to a fun season from Oladipo. #VO2TO2016
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#2407 » by KillMonger » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:43 pm

This is our coach in his hey day

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk2_ddk0uDM[/youtube]

he could play
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#2408 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:44 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:Off topic comment:

I've followed baseball pretty closely this season. My girlfriend likes the Red Sox, and while I don't identify as a fan of a specific baseball team, I've watched nearly every Red Sox game this year. And since I'm incapable of just casually watching a sport, I've followed along pretty closely, including lurking some message boards. Now, I've been here on RealGM a long time, and witnessed a lot of trolling. But the low-IQ trolling I have witnessed from Yankees fans in such a comparatively brief amount of time is nothing short of astounding. Those guys make Raptors trolls look like the most gentlemanly scholars you've ever met.

Tbh I've never thought the trolling/negativity on RealGM is as bad as some make it out to be. Go to any NFL forum during the latter part of the season and it's pure mayham, kinda reminds me of an insane asylum

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#2409 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:13 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:This is our coach in his hey day

he could play

The thing I liked about Skiles watching him play was that he was so damn unathletic (compared to most players), absolutely no flash but he still did his thing and he didn't give any ****. Nobody knew who the hell this guy was but he would come out and just play basketball.

I think that's why I don't get caught up in the hype of "star" players. I don't want to see your stupid brand, I want to watch you play basketball. I hate it when players have to have some stupid shtick. Like John Wall doing the dougie or WTF its called, or LeBron's hand chalk toss. This isn't a **** commercial. Play basketball.
/end rant
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread (Offseason 2015-'16) cont. 

Post#2410 » by cedric76 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:28 pm

he could play

Of course he could, nice vids for the young magic fans
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#2411 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:57 pm

he could play

He had a very nice feel out of the pick & roll. Always seemed to make the correct play. I'm very excited to see if he can instill those teachings to Elfrid this season.
tillyoubleed
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#2412 » by tillyoubleed » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:43 pm

I found some very reasonable priced tickets on livingsocial. I bought the fall plus plan; 14 games for $90....they might not be the best seats, but I'm in the building
tillyoubleed
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#2413 » by tillyoubleed » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:52 pm

Decent games though. 4 preseason; hornets, heat, pelicans, grizzlies...10 regular season; wizards, thunder, raptors, lakers, jazz, t-wolves, kings, knicks, bucks, and celtics.......not bad for $90
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#2414 » by FloridaHoosier » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:55 pm

Went from Flex Plan to season ticket holder this year and got my packet in the mail wrapped in a Magic Flag! Let's get this party started! We can't go to all the games, but I figured we can turn them in to upgrade our seats they are in the boonies! Is it October yet?
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread (Offseason 2015-'16) cont. 

Post#2415 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Sep 3, 2015 10:44 pm

Def Swami wrote:Ran across this interesting stat today while reading an article posted by BBALLBREAKDOWN last month:
Oladipo’s 17.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.1 apg, and 1.7 steals a game at 22 years old puts him among an impressive list of guards in Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Kevin Johsnon, and Isiah Thomas to reach such lofty numbers at such a young age.

Oh, and of the eight 22-year-old guards to reach the “17.8-4-4-1.6” plateau? Seven made at least one all-star game by age 23 (Iverson not being selected as an all-star despite averaging almost 24-4-6 his first three years in the league is a travesty). Let’s pencil in Oladipo for a trip to Toronto for the 2016 All-Star game now, shall we?

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/08/13/bball-breakdowns-breakout-players/
Looking forward to a fun season from Oladipo. #VO2TO2016

Interesting stat line. Just reinforces my mantra that we got players on this team we just need to give them time and give them good coaching.
aka: prorl
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#2416 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Thu Sep 3, 2015 11:20 pm

j-ragg wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:

lol yeah I mean we were fun to watch last year essentially adding Mario and AG, should be lot of fun. I got Washington, Boston, Philly, Utah, Houston, Denver, Milwaukee and few others. Tried to get younger team that would be more competitive and not like NY and LAL because those are a rip.

I agree that the higher priced games tend to be a rip. My other games were Detroit and Minny to round things out and that was my thought exactly.
I took the plunge on the Laker game bc it may be KB's last year and I went to the Clipper game last year and it was very competitive basketball.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#2417 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Thu Sep 3, 2015 11:22 pm

FloridaHoosier wrote:Went from Flex Plan to season ticket holder this year and got my packet in the mail wrapped in a Magic Flag! Let's get this party started! We can't go to all the games, but I figured we can turn them in to upgrade our seats they are in the boonies! Is it October yet?

Awesome. The upgrade app is very sweet. You will enjoy/ I turned in a few tix to sit in the 10th row against the Clippers and man that was a blast. Enjoy. The Magic likely have some awesome additional perks lined up for you this year!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#2418 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:12 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
FloridaHoosier wrote:Went from Flex Plan to season ticket holder this year and got my packet in the mail wrapped in a Magic Flag! Let's get this party started! We can't go to all the games, but I figured we can turn them in to upgrade our seats they are in the boonies! Is it October yet?

Awesome. The upgrade app is very sweet. You will enjoy/ I turned in a few tix to sit in the 10th row against the Clippers and man that was a blast. Enjoy. The Magic likely have some awesome additional perks lined up for you this year!

How does that work? If you already have tix you can upgrade them before games? I've seen that tab on the app but never used it or anything.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
FloridaHoosier
Starter

Post#2419 » by FloridaHoosier » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:45 am

j-ragg wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:

How does that work? If you already have tix you can upgrade them before games? I've seen that tab on the app but never used it or anything.

T Dot will have to answer that because honestly, I'm not sure how it works. They tell me you just turn in what you're not going to use on the AP and then you can use it for cash to spend at the games or upgrade your seats. I've never done it so I'm not sure. They're supposed to have a "Rookie Camp" for new season ticket holders to show us how to do everything. LOL!
FloridaHoosier
Starter

Post#2420 » by FloridaHoosier » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:46 am

Return to Orlando Magic