ImageImageImageImage

RealGM A League Discussion 2015-16

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: RealGM A League Discussion 2015-16 

Post#461 » by Skin » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Nice start for Drummond for me. 19 boards. This will be Drummonds break out season. just watch. 15rpg.

Nice start for Drummond for me too! :lol:

Oh and Steph Curry... :love: :love: :love:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#462 » by MitchellUK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:10 am

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Nice start for Drummond for me. 19 boards. This will be Drummonds break out season. just watch. 15rpg.

Meanwhile Anthony Davis goes 4-20 from the field and 10-15 from the line with 5 turnovers...

Oh well, at least he got his dud out of the way. 81 games of perfection to come!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#463 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Skin wrote:

I have Curry in my other league. That was epic plus those 3's really helps!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#464 » by Skin » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Skin wrote:

You better win the B league this year so you can come up to the A leage. You got that special BMP fun factor! :D
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#465 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Skin wrote:Nice start for Drummond for me too! :lol:

You better win the B league this year so you can come up to the A leage. You got that special BMP fun factor! :D

I made playoffs each year, just haven't won the ship yet. Hopefully, barring injuries, this could be that year!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#466 » by Skin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:45 pm

CJ McColum :nod:
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#467 » by MitchellUK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Skin wrote:CJ McColum :nod:

That was an incredible performance.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,401

Post#468 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Skin wrote:CJ McColum :nod:

I saw that. So jelly. He was definitely a guy I was gonna be taking, but damn you for taking him so high! (Clearly he's worth it).
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#469 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:20 am

For anyone who did take the plunge on league pass, I highly recommend watching Minny - Denver after Orl - OKC! So many bright young players.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#470 » by HoraceGrant » Mon Nov 2, 2015 3:04 pm

Here's hoping Bazemore can fill the shoes of Carroll!....or maybe he just had 2 hot games haha.
Skin
RealGM

Post#471 » by Skin » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:17 pm

HoraceGrant wrote:Here's hoping Bazemore can fill the shoes of Carroll!....or maybe he just had 2 hot games haha.

You had me on the ropes all during the week, but I'm happy that I somehow managed to pull ahead at the very end. Hard to tell which teams are the strong ones after week 1 but I think you're gonna have a good season.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#472 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:12 pm

How's everyone feeling after their first week? I squeaked to a 5-4 win over Tarheel. Could easily have ended up 6-3 to me or 5-4 to him - I beat him by a single point, he beat me by 3 turnovers - and I'm trying not to read too much into the matchup.

Anthony Davis shot 40% for the week, Wes Matthews 35%, Khris Middleton 33%, Gerald Green 32% and Danny Green and Nerlens Noel both 28%, which I wouldn't expect to continue. (If it does, I might as well wave the white flag right now, because that's vomit inducing). So I'm cautiously optimistic that my team still has plenty of upside, especially in the efficiency categories.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#473 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 2, 2015 8:11 pm

Most of my wings and guards all had horrible shooting weeks, which I'm hoping won't continue.

I feel like I was in striking distance with most of the margins I lost cats by, which was a nice start. We'll see how the season continues, as guys like Rose and Calderon warm up a bit and stop sucking so horrendously bad. Guys like AG, Stauskas and hopefully Lamb should take up larger roles on their teams in the next few weeks, too. Plus, Nurkic is still a solid starter missing from my front court.

We'll see though.
Skin
RealGM

Post#474 » by Skin » Mon Nov 2, 2015 9:59 pm

So far I have no regrets on passing on Anthony Davis in favor of Steph Curry. Surprised I lost Blocks, but won FT%... since my 2nd and 3rd rounders were Drummond and Whiteside. Biggest disappointment so far is probably Monta Ellis.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#475 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 2, 2015 10:54 pm

Skin wrote:So far I have no regrets on passing on Anthony Davis in favor of Steph Curry. Surprised I lost Blocks, but won FT%... since my 2nd and 3rd rounders were Drummond and Whiteside. Biggest disappointment so far is probably Monta Ellis.

Well, given that Steph went gonzo twice last week (with an incredibly disappointing 25, 7 and 6 w/4 threes and .600 shooting in the third game), I wouldn't expect that you would be regretful :D

Hopefully AD starts to pick himself up this week. That first game against GSW was the real killer - 4-20 from the field and 10-15 from the line are both very out of character for him. On the flip side, Al Horford has been as steady as you can get so far. Other than a couple more turnovers than I would like, he's contributing across the board. Fingers crossed he has a healthy year.
Skin
RealGM

Post#476 » by Skin » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:20 pm

MitchellUK wrote:
Skin wrote:So far I have no regrets on passing on Anthony Davis in favor of Steph Curry. Surprised I lost Blocks, but won FT%... since my 2nd and 3rd rounders were Drummond and Whiteside. Biggest disappointment so far is probably Monta Ellis.

Well, given that Steph went gonzo twice last week (with an incredibly disappointing 25, 7 and 6 w/4 threes and .600 shooting in the third game), I wouldn't expect that you would be regretful :D

Hopefully AD starts to pick himself up this week. That first game against GSW was the real killer - 4-20 from the field and 10-15 from the line are both very out of character for him. On the flip side, Al Horford has been as steady as you can get so far. Other than a couple more turnovers than I would like, he's contributing across the board. Fingers crossed he has a healthy year.

AD is going to be a monster. Horford is gunnin' for that big pay day in the summer. Should have a nice year. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Magic uni next season!
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#477 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:30 pm

Skin wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:

AD is going to be a monster. Horford is gunnin' for that big pay day in the summer. Should have a nice year. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Magic uni next season!

Horford would compliment Vuc so well, especially as it looks like he's expanding his range all the way out to three. Can play the 5 when Vuc sits and the 4 when they were out there together, can score inside and out, underappreciated defender, decent rim protector, good passer. He'd be a lovely fit in Orlando.

Who knows, maybe Henny was just goading Atl into offering Millsap a big deal this past summer so they would flinch when he went after Big Al next year...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by Bensational » Tue Nov 3, 2015 2:22 am

MitchellUK wrote:
Skin wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:

Horford would compliment Vuc so well, especially as it looks like he's expanding his range all the way out to three. Can play the 5 when Vuc sits and the 4 when they were out there together, can score inside and out, underappreciated defender, decent rim protector, good passer. He'd be a lovely fit in Orlando.

Who knows, maybe Henny was just goading Atl into offering Millsap a big deal this past summer so they would flinch when he went after Big Al next year...

Let's wait for Horford to show he can consistently stay healthy before throwing big dollars at him. I've got a serious hunch he'll be injured again this season and miss another good chunk of time.

Sucks for you :wink:
Skin
RealGM

Post#479 » by Skin » Tue Nov 3, 2015 3:26 am

Bensational wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:
Skin wrote:AD is going to be a monster. Horford is gunnin' for that big pay day in the summer. Should have a nice year. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Magic uni next season!

Let's wait for Horford to show he can consistently stay healthy before throwing big dollars at him. I've got a serious hunch he'll be injured again this season and miss another good chunk of time.

My main arguing point against Horford would be his age factor. I want sustainability, so a guy that could compliment the age group of our guys is more intriguing to me. But at the same time, I don't want just another body who won't fix anything like Patrick Patterson or some other mediocre body. If we took Horford and spent our 1st rounder at PF, I'd be satisfied with that too.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#480 » by MitchellUK » Tue Nov 3, 2015 3:41 am

Bensational wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:
Skin wrote:AD is going to be a monster. Horford is gunnin' for that big pay day in the summer. Should have a nice year. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Magic uni next season!

Says the guy with Derrick Rose on his team...

:D

Return to Orlando Magic