ImageImageImageImage

Noah for Vuc?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Re: Noah for Vuc? 

Post#41 » by shadrock » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:37 am

thelead wrote:
shadrock wrote:Id do it. You don't win with big men who cant defend.

lol... you don't win with old, hobbled, injured centers either.

Sure if hes injured that's different. But if hes healthy, which I thought he was, then id do it.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#42 » by thelead » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:59 am

shadrock wrote:
thelead wrote:

Sure if hes injured that's different. But if hes healthy, which I thought he was, then id do it.

Well, technically, Noah is "healthy" but really, he's a shell of his all-defense self. If we were talking 2010 Noah for Vuc, we could have a serious discussion but that's not today's Noah.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#43 » by rusoopE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:17 am

this is why i love patrick, he doesnt get offended at all with his crazy **** threads lol
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
rusoopE
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by rusoopE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odjyqxm maybe? taj and joakim have great chemistry and they could boost our rim defense immediatly, i dont see frye getting a lot of minutes, i know you're gonna freak out, but i'm just playing here, and i woudnt make this trade anyway, not before watching how skiles can upgrade vuc and frye d

Vuc and Isaac supporter
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#45 » by j-ragg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:14 pm

I'd do it if you maybe attached McDermott and the Sac pick. They'd probably decline it though. They have Gasol who's perfectly capable and a much better option at center than Vucevic
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#46 » by Ballah » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:45 pm

shadrock wrote:
thelead wrote:

There is no "if he's healthy" for a player of his age and injury history, there is "how long is he healthy for" "how many good minutes can we risk him for" "can we count on him for the playoffs if we carefully manage his playing time during the season".
rusoopE
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by rusoopE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:21 pm

since when 30 is that old dude? :roll:

Vuc and Isaac supporter
rusoopE
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by rusoopE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:22 pm

dont forget 1 year ago noah was a 1st all defense team, just 1 year!

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#49 » by Ballah » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:32 pm

rusoopE wrote:since when 30 is that old dude? :roll:

When 30 is 3-4 years away from your best players being in their prime and is already injury prone?
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#50 » by ezzzp » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:59 pm

BlueBalls wrote:Actually think it makes some sense.

This is a complete hypothetical, fyi. Not grounded in any rumors or actual scuttlebutt.

Noah doesn't seem to fit Hoiberg's plan. But he'd be a great fit for Skiles.

Vucevic would fit in a lot better in a Hoiberg offense.

Magic would instantly be, perhaps, the best defensive team in the league. We would miss Nik's scoring, but Noah can hold his own in the paint and it would probably end up resulting in a lot more shots for AG.

Just spitballing here. Thoughts?

A simple 30 second google research of Noah's contract status would have revealed to you that he is an unrestricted free agent next summer. Why would Hennigan give up a young fringe all-star 7'er for a one year rental?
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#51 » by shadrock » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Ballah wrote:
shadrock wrote:
thelead wrote:

There is no "if he's healthy" for a player of his age and injury history, there is "how long is he healthy for" "how many good minutes can we risk him for" "can we count on him for the playoffs if we carefully manage his playing time during the season".

Dude, hes 30. Hes get 5+ good years left in him.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#52 » by thelead » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:21 pm

shadrock wrote:
Ballah wrote:
shadrock wrote:

Dude, hes 30. Hes get 5+ good years left in him.

Again, have you watched him lately?

It's like saying Dwight is the best defensive player in the game today. Stop relying on reputation. Go ask bulls fans.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#53 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Noah is playing like heis washed up already.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#54 » by zuppafly » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Noah is playing like heis washed up already.

His game relies on aggressiveness (in a good sense) and it brought a huge toll on his small frame through the years.
I appreciate his style of play and his mental approach to the game, but it is expected that the drop on his productivity is steep once he starts showing the first signs of a tired body
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#55 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:09 am

zuppafly wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Noah is playing like heis washed up already.

His game relies on aggressiveness (in a good sense) and it brought a huge toll on his small frame through the years.
I appreciate his style of play and his mental approach to the game, but it is expected that the drop on his productivity is steep once he starts showing the first signs of a tired body

Yeh, he looks beaten up. I was a big Noah fan for years too.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#56 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:33 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I say do it.

I'm shocked you would agree with this, what with the positive energy you usually spread on this board.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#57 » by OrlandoDream » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:41 am

This isn't 2012.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#58 » by axl_c_cool » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am

The only deal for Noah (I'm a fan of his) can involve Frye and Nicholson, and it would be a Arenas for Lewis kind of deal, both need a new start. We would still be giving up the most because Noah is beat up. If we did that deal we could bring him off the bench while he heals up and play him limited minutes. The only reason they do it is if they want some shooting, although Dedmon might need to also be in the deal

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#59 » by Bensational » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:54 am

Given Vuc's recent defensive efforts, we should look to add pieces to the team to support him.

Since Nicholson is clearly never going to fit into the Magic's roster, we should look to move him for someone who will rather than letting him walk away for nothing like O'Quinn did.

I wonder if there's any chance we can swap him for someone like Portis, Harrell or Looney? Chuck in a 2nd rounder, or some heavily protected 1st round pick to make it happen if need be.

Vuc is gonna need a rebound hungry PF to help with the gang rebounding, and someone with some proper range and offense would be more useful than Dedmon.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#60 » by Patrick1978 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Bensational wrote:Given Vuc's recent defensive efforts, we should look to add pieces to the team to support him.

Since Nicholson is clearly never going to fit into the Magic's roster, we should look to move him for someone who will rather than letting him walk away for nothing like O'Quinn did.

I wonder if there's any chance we can swap him for someone like Portis, Harrell or Looney? Chuck in a 2nd rounder, or some heavily protected 1st round pick to make it happen if need be.

Vuc is gonna need a rebound hungry PF to help with the gang rebounding, and someone with some proper range and offense would be more useful than Dedmon.

As frye and nicholson seems to be out of the rotation a Trade of these two for portis,harrell would be a good option. I think portis and harrell would be great options for the magic as they play with great tenacity and motor on the court.
Kelly olynik would also be a great option as his highly skilled offensive game would be a great spark off the bench for orlando.
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel

Return to Orlando Magic