ImageImageImageImage

Mario looks ridiculously slow moving laterally

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Is Hezonja below average in lateral movement, defensively?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 29

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Mario looks ridiculously slow moving laterally 

Post#41 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Nov 9, 2015 11:14 pm

Handles are pretty clearly one of the hardest if not the hardest skill to improve. I personally don't think Hezonja's are much different from a guy like Fournier's though. Fournier isn't a great ball handler, but he's good enough to navigate the defense. Hezonja just needs more experience and a chance to get a comfort level. Anybody that expected him to be much better than he is now or thought he was the Croation Kobe or next T-Mac clearly didn't watch him before he came here.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#42 » by ezzzp » Mon Nov 9, 2015 11:25 pm

Skin wrote:
ezzzp wrote:Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay are two players that I can think off the top of my head that came into NBA w bad handles and improved them

ezzzp wrote:Durant definitely had handle issues early on, high dribble (and defense) were his biggest early criticisms...and pretty much every pre draft scouting report on Gay pointed out his need to improve his handles

Trying to make your point, you went from

Saying bad handles... to need to improve handles...

I call that backtracking. Most every player in the league can stand to improve their handles... doesn't mean they are bad.

I'll let others chime in on whether they think this is a skill that players fix while in the NBA. It will probably be a very interesting debate. Just hope people don't get mad.

Are you serious with this? ...and whining for help from other posters to defend you're statement?!...lol
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#43 » by Skin » Mon Nov 9, 2015 11:34 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Skin wrote:
ezzzp wrote:Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay are two players that I can think off the top of my head that came into NBA w bad handles and improved them

ezzzp wrote:Durant definitely had handle issues early on, high dribble (and defense) were his biggest early criticisms...and pretty much every pre draft scouting report on Gay pointed out his need to improve his handles

Trying to make your point, you went from

Saying bad handles... to need to improve handles...

I call that backtracking. Most every player in the league can stand to improve their handles... doesn't mean they are bad.

I'll let others chime in on whether they think this is a skill that players fix while in the NBA. It will probably be a very interesting debate. Just hope people don't get mad.

Are you serious with this? ...and whining for help from other posters to defend you're statement?!...lol

:lol: smh. You entertain me. I'll give you that.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#44 » by 407Junkie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:46 am

If you couldn't see in the highlight videos he could only go right and couldn't dribble then you were punch drunk and blinded by some dunks. This guy has a long ways to go to be justified being drafted were he was taken and over some other domestic talented players.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#45 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:18 pm

407Junkie wrote:If you couldn't see in the highlight videos he could only go right and couldn't dribble then you were punch drunk and blinded by some dunks. This guy has a long ways to go to be justified being drafted were he was taken and over some other domestic talented players.

We were in a tough spot at #5 in a draft with an obvious top 3 and the Knicks snatching the guy many believe we truly wanted.

I'm no attacking your comment here. I am genuinely asking, what domestic talent should we have taken?

Okay, Stanley Johnson looks solid. I wouldn't have hated this pick but I do think Mario has a high ceiling.

Justice Winslow's stock rightfully dropped at the combine. Like numerous GMs behind us, I said no thanks to him.

WCS was an interesting prospect but is very one dimensional. Sure, what he excels at is a need for us so I wouldn't have called for Henny's head with that pick, I just don't like using such a high pick on one need alone. Needs change...

Kaminsky? Hahahaha. Funny.

Return to Orlando Magic