ImageImageImageImage

East Standings

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,334

Re: East Standings 

Post#101 » by tooler » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:58 am

I kind of like that we're still on the down low. Third place would set expectations too high for no reason.

This next stretch of 4 games will be a good look at where the team is.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#102 » by NEM » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48 am

1. Get in the playoffs
2. Avoid Cleveland

We can beat anyone but them in 7 games. This team is built for the playoffs. Let's say you get a Toronto or Chicago in the first round and upset them. Now you're in the second round, no pressure on you at all, with a 67% chance of avoiding Cleveland again. You make that series interesting but eventually fall short, free agents are now looking at you. Not saying we will sign Durant, but I'm sure you'd have his attention..
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Re: East Standingsb 

Post#103 » by seeingstars » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 am

thelead wrote:We're sitting at 8th right now but would be 3rd had we won the hawks game...

This season's ridiculous for the east. Some of these other teams need a losing streak
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#104 » by Hogified05 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:38 pm

NEM wrote:1. Get in the playoffs
2. Avoid Cleveland

We can beat anyone but them in 7 games. This team is built for the playoffs. Let's say you get a Toronto or Chicago in the first round and upset them. Now you're in the second round, no pressure on you at all, with a 67% chance of avoiding Cleveland again. You make that series interesting but eventually fall short, free agents are now looking at you. Not saying we will sign Durant, but I'm sure you'd have his attention..

Totally agree. We can beat any team in the East in 7 besides Cleveland. We can lose to anyone in the East including Cleveland lol. Just afraid our playoff inexperience will bare it's ugly head. Hopefully we keep up this play the main goal is to get to the playoffs and gain experience first even if it's vs Cleveland. But man a 2nd round appearance would do wonders for us going into next year.

I know the Durant thing happening is as slim as him but he is always gushing over us. Like 3 straight years when they came to Orlando he always talks glowingly about us. Even though the East is better if he left OKC he would be wise to come to the East, it's still just Cleveland in the elite category. The West may be down but you still have to go through Clips, Spurs, GW, Rockets (even though they are down) and Mavs are always dangerous. I think we are a darkhorse top 5 team for him shhhhh. A semifinals berth would show we are just a piece away from truly contending. Oh and no state tax 8-)
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#105 » by TreasureCoast » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Hogified05 wrote:
2. Avoid Cleveland

Totally agree. We can beat any team in the East in 7 besides Cleveland. We can lose to anyone in the East including Cleveland lol. Just afraid our playoff inexperience will bare it's ugly head. Hopefully we keep up this play the main goal is to get to the playoffs and gain experience first even if it's vs Cleveland. But man a 2nd round appearance would do wonders for us going into next year.

I know the Durant thing happening is as slim as him but he is always gushing over us. Like 3 straight years when they came to Orlando he always talks glowingly about us. Even though the East is better if he left OKC he would be wise to come to the East, it's still just Cleveland in the elite category. The West may be down but you still have to go through Clips, Spurs, GW, Rockets (even though they are down) and Mavs are always dangerous. I think we are a darkhorse top 5 team for him shhhhh. A semifinals berth would show we are just a piece away from truly contending. Oh and no state tax 8-)

Totally agree with both of you guys. Would like to add that Lebron has maybe 1 more elite season after this one and any superstar coming east to an up and coming team would own this conference very soon. I believe 100% we are on his short list, no homer..
seeingstars
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by seeingstars » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Hogified05 wrote:
2. Avoid Cleveland

There's always a slightly convincing Durant post to raise my hopes....
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#107 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Would love Durant, but I just seriously doubt he downsizes to a rebuilding team of mostly all young players. Regardless of their record.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
seeingstars
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by seeingstars » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Would love Durant, but I just seriously doubt he downsizes to a rebuilding team of mostly all young players. Regardless of their record.

Maybe he'd like to play for a team that can make the playoffs even if he misses large parts of the season due to injury.

He sees Orlando.... Okay.... If I get hurt Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, and Mario Hezonja can fill my minutes.

Name another team that can offer that
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#109 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:08 pm

seeingstars wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Would love Durant, but I just seriously doubt he downsizes to a rebuilding team of mostly all young players. Regardless of their record.

Maybe he'd like to play for a team that can make the playoffs even if he misses large parts of the season due to injury.

He sees Orlando.... Okay.... If I get hurt Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, and Mario Hezonja can fill my minutes.

It all sounds good but I doubt he is ready to be one of the oldest guys on a team. Just not going to happen.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
seeingstars
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by seeingstars » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:32 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

It all sounds good but I doubt he is ready to be one of the oldest guys on a team. Just not going to happen.

Isn't he one of the oldest players on his team now?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#111 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:41 pm

seeingstars wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

Isn't he one of the oldest players on his team now?

Just about everyone on that team are about the same age and have all played with each other for years. So, it would be like leaving a "Family" to go play with 2 and 3 year players who are still learning to win.

I get the Argument just like I read on every single board of RealGM, All those fans are saying the same thing. We have a good shot at Durant and we all think there is no reason that he shouldn't choose my team. Because, this assistant coach, GM, Assistant GM, Player Agent, player or trainer used to work with Durant in Oklahoma, College, AAU etc etc etc.

Unless we have concrete evidence that he would even consider the Magic through statements or interviews or inside intel, I think there is Zero chance he comes here.

Because, if I was him, I would stay there, make more money that anywhere else, play with a Top 5 NBA player and stay with my "Family" of teammates that I have grown to love. Other than that, he going to LA.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
seeingstars
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by seeingstars » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:56 pm

LA, sauces?
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#113 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:32 pm

seeingstars wrote:

Golden State.
Do not max Vuc!
seeingstars
Sixth Man

Post#114 » by seeingstars » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

Golden State.

Nope, we have all those players under contract. Golden State has a roster of completely different players than ours.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#115 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:58 pm

seeingstars wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
seeingstars wrote:

Golden State.

Nope, we have all those players under contract. Golden State has a roster of completely different players than ours.

And GS players aren't under contract? :wink:
Do not max Vuc!
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,551

Post#116 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:16 pm

seeingstars wrote:

His current one, for example. Yes, I know they missed the playoffs last season but that was because Westbrook and Ibaka missed 18 and 15 games respectively. And besides, with the cap rising massively next summer, plenty of good teams would have the space to sign him without having to trade away more their key guys. Not to mention our current roster is yet to prove it can make the playoffs.
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#117 » by jgosche » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 pm

So seeds 2-8 are once again within a single game. Crazy.
tooler
General Manager

Post#118 » by tooler » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:47 am

Detroit and Miami lose again, but Houston couldn't finish the job against Atlanta.

Never send a West team to do an East team's job, I guess. ;)
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#119 » by SOUL » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:58 am

I hate everything about Houston.. team... announcers.. inability to help us.. lol
tooler
General Manager

Post#120 » by tooler » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:05 am

Haha the tiebreakers are so confusing right now. Miami is somehow 8th and we are suddenly behind Boston because they beat Miami even though we beat the Celtics. I assume conference record is the first tiebreaker.

Return to Orlando Magic