ImageImageImageImage

2015-2016 Official Speculation Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Re: 2015-2016 Official Speculation Thread 

Post#961 » by AddiFB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Dwight about to be traded to his fourth team, which he will then leave in free agency for his fifth team and is laughed at around the league and in the stands. Few want the guy and most definately is on the steep slope decline. How the mighty has fallen.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#962 » by woosah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 pm

AddiFB wrote:Dwight about to be traded to his fourth team, which he will then leave in free agency for his fifth team and is laughed at around the league and in the stands. Few want the guy and most definately is on the steep slope decline. How the mighty has fallen.

I don't think anyone laugh because he is still finding a way to get paid off of hype created years ago. Will someone pay him another max? Probably. I don't think he should get it though.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#963 » by thelead » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I dislike Dwight as much as most of you here but lets be honest, James Harden is probably the bigger issue in Houston:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsK7vv1fjnc[/youtube]
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#964 » by orlando1214 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Dwight is such a waste and it makes me depressed. Can you imagine what type of player he would have been and how good this team would have been for so long if he didn't have the maturity of a 3 year old?
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#965 » by fklt » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm

AddiFB wrote:Dwight about to be traded to his fourth team, which he will then leave in free agency for his fifth team and is laughed at around the league and in the stands. Few want the guy and most definately is on the steep slope decline. How the mighty has fallen.

Wish oladipo is taking notes. He has the same fate-based, exceptionalist view of himself, where god has a plan for him to be the best player ever. I did not notice it before but now it really bugs me. I really had high hopes for him.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#966 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 pm

thelead wrote:I dislike Dwight as much as most of you here but lets be honest, James Harden is probably the bigger issue in Houston:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsK7vv1fjnc[/youtube]

Absolutely. Building around ball hogging isolation players with zero defensive ability (Harden, Melo, ...) is a recipe for mediocrity or worse.
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#967 » by AddiFB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Oh by the way... I really dislike Harden. Howard isn't the sole problem in Houston and that should be clear.
woosah
RealGM

Post#968 » by woosah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:40 pm

from that supposed insider on clutchfans:

He didnt ask for a trade but Fegan told Morey he wants a max, so Dwight said, "If you arent going to give me a max this summer, send me to a team that will be able to this summer while keeping my bird rights"

Not verbatim.. But you get it. He is looking for a max pay day.

Dwight even said he will go back to ORL - ROX dont want T. Harris Contract.

don't do it Henny. (even though it may be entertaining to let Skiles go at Dwight in his whiny moments)

not that Harris for Dwight would be bad, it would be a coup! just don't want him as a magician.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#969 » by AddiFB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 pm

woosah wrote:from that supposed insider on clutchfans:

He didnt ask for a trade but Fegan told Morey he wants a max, so Dwight said, "If you arent going to give me a max this summer, send me to a team that will be able to this summer while keeping my bird rights"

don't do it Henny. (even though it may be entertaining to let Skiles go at Dwight in his whiny moments)

The_Watcher
Junior
And1: 211

Post#970 » by The_Watcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:52 pm

not that Harris for Dwight would be bad, it would be a coup! just don't want him as a magician.

Man, I'm all about forgiveness, but even if Dwight were to come back and be welcomed back (more importantly), what does he have left? He's definitely no longer a top-tier player, and if he wants the max, who can we get that would even make a difference alongside him at this point in his career?

Just for the sake of an example - let's just say we get Dwight back, and miraculously we trade all our young talent and picks to Indiana for Paul George, would those two even co-exist? Would those two win a championship?

"Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them, and your foes won’t believe them" - John Wooden
woosah
RealGM

Post#971 » by woosah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 pm

The_Watcher wrote:

Man, I'm all about forgiveness, but even if Dwight were to come back and be welcomed back (more importantly), what does he have left? He's definitely no longer a top-tier player, and if he wants the max, who can we get that would even make a difference alongside him at this point in his career?

Just for the sake of an example - let's just say we get Dwight back, and miraculously we trade all our young talent and picks to Indiana for Paul George, would those two even co-exist? Would those two win a championship?

nah, i am saying just for the talent comparison if we get Dwight for Harris straight up, it's not a bad thing. Getting Dwight and signing him to a 5 yr max at 30, now that I am not for.
Boo.
The_Watcher
Junior
And1: 211

Post#972 » by The_Watcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 pm

woosah wrote:
The_Watcher wrote:

nah, i am saying just for the talent comparison if we get Dwight for Harris straight up, it's not a bad thing. Getting Dwight and signing him to a 5 yr max at 30, now that I am not for.

Oh, okay, well if it's talent wise, then yeah. Dwight is still much more of an important player than Tobias (maybe even ever). I feel bad for the team that gives him that max deal. You know that someone will this summer with the cap rising.

"Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them, and your foes won’t believe them" - John Wooden
thelead
RealGM

Post#973 » by thelead » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:04 pm

I'd take him back and give him the max. Who else would we give a max to that is willing to come here? Pair Dwight with Vuc. Vuc/Dwight/AG front court? Sign me up.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#974 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:04 pm

I bet Dwight finally makes it to Brooklyn.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,069

Post#975 » by bigdogdylan5 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm

I think you guys are being incredibly bitter I would open him back with open arms I think he would do good coming back and making peace and if we can do it only giving up Harris and fillers than sign me up!
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#976 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:07 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I bet Dwight finally makes it to Brooklyn.

That's my gut feeling as well.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#977 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm

You guys are crazy if you wouldn't take Howard back... We need someone like him to give us 10 plus Rebs and 2 blks a game. I don't like how everything went down with him, but I would take him back as long as we weren't giving up to much
woosah
RealGM

Post#978 » by woosah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 pm

thelead wrote:I'd take him back and give him the max. Who else would we give a max to that is willing to come here? Pair Dwight with Vuc. Vuc/Dwight/AG front court? Sign me up.

THat's the thing though. Dwight would surely want to run Vuc out of town and would be jealous of his offensive skill.

Good question about who else we would pay, but hell does that mean we should just start handing out maxes to everyone? He is already regressing. By age 33 we would be mad all day everyday giving him that money when he is no longer athletic and missing 50% of his FTAs.
Boo.
thelead
RealGM

Post#979 » by thelead » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:13 pm

woosah wrote:
thelead wrote:I'd take him back and give him the max. Who else would we give a max to that is willing to come here? Pair Dwight with Vuc. Vuc/Dwight/AG front court? Sign me up.

THat's the thing though. Dwight would surely want to run Vuc out of town and would be jealous of his offensive skill.

Good question about who else we would pay, but hell does that mean we should just start handing out maxes to everyone? He is already regressing. By age 33 we would be mad all day everyday giving him that money when he is no longer athletic and missing 50% of his FTAs.

Have you actually watched the Rockets play though? I do see SOME regression but not a ton to be honest. He is still a beast defensively and has incredible defensive awareness. You don't win 3 straight DPOY awards with just athleticism.
jezzer45
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#980 » by jezzer45 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Dwight has serious back issues. For a player his age you stay away. I rather the headcase Whiteside than dwight based on production.

Return to Orlando Magic