ImageImageImageImage

Right now is the perfect time to trade Fournier

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,656

Re: Right now is the perfect time to trade Fournier 

Post#21 » by GameOver25 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 pm

You trade Fournier before Oladipo. With Dipo at least with his awful start he brought defense. With Fournier when he's playing bad he brings nothing else. Now if he was a playmaker, making plays for others we'd have an argument. But he plays selfish and when he does pass only seems to look for Dipo and Vuc.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#22 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm

drsd wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:I will say this.

The Magic will not re-sign Fournier AND give Victor Oladipo an extension.

They will only do one at the most.

Some two months ago there was good discussion and this was the final conclusion. GM Hennigan needs to decide which of these two he keeps; the other gets traded. I see no other path forward at the SG slot.

I think this will be our future as well. Oladipo may not be the scorer that Fournier is and maybe never will be able to shoot like him but he will get better at driving and finishing in the lane, drawing contact/getting to line, and be more consistent. An Oladipo who can accomplish this is top 5 SG in the NBA. As much as I like Evan he is very inconsistent in both offense and ESPECIALLY defense. Ther is nothing Evan can do that Mari wont be able to replace in the future.

I really want to keep Oladipo long term and hope he improves on his decision making and becomes a smarter player. He plays hard and is our best defensive guard. He is not worth a max....yet, but letting him walk would be a stupid decision. Henny is smarter then that. He will get better. He works too hard to be a mediocre player for the rest of his career.

Still believe in you Dipo! Just keep on hustling.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#23 » by drsd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Bensational wrote:We've just got too many SGs and not enough PFs.

Fournier for Myles Turner could be good. Turner can hit the 3 and defend the paint. Would Indy go for it?

Two points.

1) In general it is a rule in the NBA that trading a shorter player for a taller one is a winning trade.

2) Myles Turner was projected as the biggest boom/bust player in his draft class. That hasn't changed. Turner for a Magic guard is a huge risk for Orlando. But Turner is doing things the right way and continues to have HUGE upside.

ButchMcRae
Junior
And1: 167

Post#24 » by ButchMcRae » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:50 pm

I'll be honest I haven't been a big fan of Fournier nor would I lose any sleep if he no longer wore the pinstripes. With an earlier report out of Chicago stating that they were willing to part ways with a Taj Gibson, Noah and now even Gasol I thought an Evan/Frye package would spark enough Intrest to start a conversation. This would give the Magic the post presence that we've been desperately looking for. No matter how much of a man crush Skiles may have on the French guard I hope that we don't fall in and break the bank for him.
jezzer45
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#25 » by jezzer45 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Yes trade him. He is playing good now but not worth anywhere he will be paid.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,143

Post#26 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:19 pm

I don't see Fournier as being part of the long-term plans. Too much of a log jam at the 2/3 with Oladipo, Hezonja, Tobias, and Aaron Gordon all needing (eventually) 32 MPG +. He has a nice shot and can occasionally create off the bounce but I don't think he is irreplaceable. Needs to improve on the defensive end.

*With all that being said, if he gets underpaid in free agency I would be open to keeping him
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#27 » by orlando_joe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 pm

fournier is no rental.. team can match and have bird rights to sign to go over there cap...he has value...cody zeller and a pick...portis plus a pick ..m turner...those kind of deals would look for if not sign or match this summer
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#28 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:I'd love to get Myles Turner on this team. Indy would not do Turner for Fournier though. Pretty sure they view him as their C of the future.

Fournier, Nicholson and a pick for Turner and Robinson III ?
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 304

Post#29 » by Mad Guru » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 pm

I would trade Fournier and the Lakers pick for Turner
zerp
Rookie
And1: 36

Post#30 » by zerp » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Not overpaid for Fournier, trade him with Payton for a great player became a hennigan miracle
Go MAGIC
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#31 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:04 am

The time to have shopped him was the first month. His value has gone down. He still has some but he has been awful the last month.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#32 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:22 am

Indy won't do Fournier and Nicholson for Turner, because that would be two RFAs they'd have to worry about this summer.

But, IMO, they'd be pretty darn good if they did make that move.

Mahinmi/Hill
George/Nicholson
Fournier/George/Miles
Monta/Forlurnier/Miles
Hill/Stuckey

That's a team that doesn't look that flashy, but I think they'd have that Atlanta-esque team game and gritty defense down. Plus they'd have a variety of ways they could burn you on offense.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#33 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:47 am

We're not getting Favors

We're not getting Turner

We're not getting Porzingis

Now that we got that out of the way, I could definitely see the following being some realistic options.

Gibson + Snell + Sac 1st for Fournier + Smith

Zeller + '16 1st (lite protections) for Fournier + Smith

A Johnson + Dallas 1st for Fournier + Frye/Smith

Patterson + Wright + NY pick for Fournier + Frye

I could also see teams like Dallas/New Orleans/Toronto showing a lot of interest in Tobias.

No one is safe, Hennys job is literally on the line. If the right deal is there Henny will make it regardless of how it immediately looks.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#34 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Taj Gibson to me is marginally better than Jason Smith. Gibson has been a 7 year career backup who could never handle starters minutes and be solid player consistently. Toronto needs bigs. No way they trade away bigs for Fournier to play behind Ross/DeRozen/Lowry.

I haven't seen a realistic deal that truly makes this team better yet. Maybe, someone like Amir Johnson, but that is about it.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#35 » by T-Cat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:We're not getting Favors

We're not getting Turner

We're not getting Porzingis

Now that we got that out of the way, I could definitely see the following being some realistic options.

Gibson + Snell + Sac 1st for Fournier + Smith

Zeller + '16 1st (lite protections) for Fournier + Smith

A Johnson + Dallas 1st for Fournier + Frye/Smith

Patterson + Wright + NY pick for Fournier + Frye

I could also see teams like Dallas/New Orleans/Toronto showing a lot of interest in Tobias.

No one is safe, Hennys job is literally on the line. If the right deal is there Henny will make it regardless of how it immediately looks.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Smith has been great as of late! I want him on our team next season :D
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#36 » by Skin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:34 pm

I'm surprised at how many people want to trade him. This certainly wasn't the case earlier. I was a crazy man when I posted to test his trade value in the Trade forum.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1416312#start_here
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,847

Post#37 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 pm

I'd be open to trading him for someone more consistent! The guy wants to play for a playoff team so badly. Trade him before we get nothing in return.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#38 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

It's a difficult situation. The crazy thing is you could have a team like the Nets who have lots of cash and zero picks offer him a max deal to come there and suck for a while. We would never match that but if your the Net's with no picks, you overpay for decent talent.

Trading him is unlikely because every team knows the above can happen and their are so many teams with money that there are plenty of options. The only card we have is we can match anyone and we all hope that we don't get into some crazy bid situation.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#39 » by drsd » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:I think this will be our future as well. Oladipo may not be the scorer that Fournier is and maybe never will be able to shoot like him but he will get better at driving and finishing in the lane, drawing contact/getting to line, and be more consistent. An Oladipo who can accomplish this is top 5 SG in the NBA. As much as I like Evan he is very inconsistent in both offense and ESPECIALLY defense. Ther is nothing Evan can do that Mari wont be able to replace in the future.

I really want to keep Oladipo long term and hope he improves on his decision making and becomes a smarter player. He plays hard and is our best defensive guard. He is not worth a max....yet, but letting him walk would be a stupid decision. Henny is smarter then that. He will get better. He works too hard to be a mediocre player for the rest of his career.

If Orlando upgrades its PF to a scorer, the team will get most of its points from the 3-5 slots, and the bench. In this, Payton and Oladipo can play defense and on offense take their spots.

Orlando can win a title with Payton and Oladipo as their lead guards, but only if there is 55+ ppg coming from the front court.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#40 » by Skin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:I think this will be our future as well. Oladipo may not be the scorer that Fournier is and maybe never will be able to shoot like him but he will get better at driving and finishing in the lane, drawing contact/getting to line, and be more consistent. An Oladipo who can accomplish this is top 5 SG in the NBA. As much as I like Evan he is very inconsistent in both offense and ESPECIALLY defense. Ther is nothing Evan can do that Mari wont be able to replace in the future.

If Orlando upgrades its PF to a scorer, the team will get most of its points from the 3-5 slots, and the bench. In this, Payton and Oladipo can play defense and on offense take their spots.

Orlando can win a title with Payton and Oladipo as their lead guards, but only if there is 55+ ppg coming from the front court.

Like that thought. Been saying Harris' best spot on the team is PF for a while now. Hopefully, he opens his eyes.

What do you think of that?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic