ImageImageImageImage

Marc Stein - Magic Listening to Offers for Harris/Looking for Vets

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Re: RE: Re: Marc Stein - Magic Listening to Offers for Harris/Looking for Vets 

Post#81 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:12 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Thank you for being realistic. This whole "Lets trade Vuc and get a dominant defensive C that will replace his scoring and be a paint stopper" is outrageous. Also something all the vuc haters are undervaluing is his contract. In an NBA where 7 footers are ridiculously overpaid, the fact we got Vuc(a 17ppg and 9reb) locked for 4 year 55mil is so cheap. Look at the overpaid contracts of Deandre, Tristan Thompson and you know Whiteside is gonna get 20+ mil. Having Vuc for 11 mil a year is unbelievable. Many Gms would love to have that contract. Vuc is staying.

why is it hate to acknowledge that our center, who is the last line of defense for our bad perimeter defense, isnt great? everyone acknowledges that Harris isnt shooting the 3 ball well, and he gets bashed for a lot, that Payton cant shoot a lick, but even mention any criticism about Vuc and you are a hater. Face it, half the league teams wouldnt trade for Vuc. Go post on the Trade board and i bet you are surprised at the results.

I highly doubt this. If Rob was to say that Vuc is on the trading block; the phones would be ringing. Reason why we are more forgiving on Vuc is because player like Tobias, Dipo, Evan come by the dozens. Seven footers with the skills Vuc has? Not so common.

what teams do you think would be interested in Vucevic?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Re: Marc Stein - Magic Listening to Offers for Harris/Looking for Vets 

Post#82 » by Def Swami » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:28 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:one rumor out there says Orlando and Miami had exploratory talks to get Harris to Miami.

For who?

no idea. I could see Deng. Though old, would be a good wing presence to have off the bench for the young guys.

That'd be a huge waste. I'd only do it for Whiteside and the commitment to re-sign. Deng is so old with a bunch of miles on him. I'd rather keep Harris.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#83 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:29 pm

I want some realistic trades ie ones that no one here likes, those are the ones that will likely happen. We are rarely happy with anything when it goes down and the return always looks like trash compared to what we expected. Harris for Deng and trash more likely than say Deng/Winslow/Richardson.

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#84 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:44 pm

can't wait till next thursday is done with.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#85 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:45 pm

Mc-o wrote:
SOUL wrote:Most Magic fans should be revoked from making trades.

Our team would be:

Brandon Knight
Joe Johnson
Aaron Gordon
Terrance Jones
John Henson

Hahaha this made me laugh , but that's what makes this board entertaining ! Lol

I am most crashed my car. You all are killing it
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#86 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:48 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:can't wait till next thursday is done with.

I think this will also improve the team play. You know some players right now have that thought hovering int their minds. During January alot of them fear that a trade is imminent. Once the deadline passes, I think they will able to play with a better peace of mind......until the offseason.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#87 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:56 pm

BadWolf wrote:Isn't Sullinger in top 10 in NBA in defense? Not sure if it's just team schemes related or he really is a solid defender now

I doubt it, that's news to me.. He's got solid situational awareness on both sides of the court, but his rebounding is a strength.

He'd fit well next to Vucevic, for what it's worth.. He's not a great shooter or a great scorer when he gets the ball in the paint, but he's functional enough at both that you can run him anywhere in your sets.. And there's the 20 percent chance he gets in great shape.

But he's a top 10 rebounder on per 36 stats.. A change of scenery would be good for him.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#88 » by BadWolf » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:03 pm

At quick glance, he's 5th in drtg, 17th in dWS, 13tg in dramp.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#89 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:08 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I want some realistic trades ie ones that no one here likes, those are the ones that will likely happen. We are rarely happy with anything when it goes down and the return always looks like trash compared to what we expected. Harris for Deng and trash more likely than say Deng/Winslow/Richardson.

miami is really high on winslow and he is locked in on a rookie deal, i dont think they would move him for tobias
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#90 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:21 pm

Zmill wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:I want some realistic trades ie ones that no one here likes, those are the ones that will likely happen. We are rarely happy with anything when it goes down and the return always looks like trash compared to what we expected. Harris for Deng and trash more likely than say Deng/Winslow/Richardson.

miami is really high on winslow and he is locked in on a rookie deal, i dont think they would move him for tobias

That's great but you don't get Tobias for scraps when we have no motivation to trade him, at least that's what I say if I'm Hennigan and Miami calls me. I'm not even proposing this trade, only using it as an example for the types of trades we think will happen vs. the ones that actually do. It almost never winds up as good as we hope.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#91 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:24 pm

As a Bulls fan, I would do:

Gibson, Dunleavy, Hinrich, and the Sacramento Kings 1st Round pick for Harris.

I'd probably do the same deal but with Gasol instead of Gibson, though I'd prefer to trade Gibson if I had the choice.

I think Gibson makes sense for you guys. He's a reliable role player, and can really help anchor a defense. Can play center in small ball situations, and also helps cover some of Vucevic's short comings. He's also signed to a reasonable contract, so you don't have to worry about him leaving.

The Kings pick would give you a chance to find a Harris replacement in the summer.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#92 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:36 pm

SOUL wrote:Most Magic fans should be revoked from making trades.

Our team would be:

Brandon Knight
Joe Johnson
Aaron Gordon
Terrance Jones
John Henson

Championship 2017!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#93 » by drsd » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:39 pm

HomoSapien wrote:As a Bulls fan, I would do:

Gibson, Dunleavy, Hinrich, and the Sacramento Kings 1st Round pick for Harris.

I'd probably do the same deal but with Gasol instead of Gibson, though I'd prefer to trade Gibson if I had the choice.

I think Gibson makes sense for you guys. He's a reliable role player, and can really help anchor a defense. Can play center in small ball situations, and also helps cover some of Vucevic's short comings. He's also signed to a reasonable contract, so you don't have to worry about him leaving.

The Kings pick would give you a chance to find a Harris replacement in the summer.

So Orlando should trade a starter for three bench players and a pick that might not even exist.

Hmm.

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#94 » by SOUL » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:40 pm

drsd
RealGM

Post#95 » by drsd » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:43 pm

magicfan217 wrote:We should talk to the bulls about their surplus at PF/C

Seems like they would be open to dealing

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#96 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:44 pm

drsd wrote:
magicfan217 wrote:We should talk to the bulls about their surplus at PF/C

Seems like they would be open to dealing

:rofl:
drsd
RealGM

Post#97 » by drsd » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:49 pm

SOUL wrote:http://captiongenerator.com/78069/realgm-orlando

spent way too much time on this

This is a MUSTtttt watch video !!!!

the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#98 » by the_hobo » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:04 pm

Make room for Nicholson!!!!!!!!
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#99 » by Skin » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:10 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:I'm ready to be shouted down for this, but as an opening salvo:

David Lee/Sullinger for Harris?

Not earth shattering, but I'm ok with that.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#100 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:16 pm

I think most people undervalue Harris because of the fact that he is the odd man out. Because of our situation... losing streak... upcoming players that we all wanna see play more... he is the one that gets the finger pointed at him first. As someone said... he had value and that is why we tried to resign him. Did i believe that it was for the long term... not really. if he meshed with what we saw as the future of the team, awesome and we keep the train rolling. if we didn't.. him and his contract could be moved for other players and better options instead of letting the guy walk.

He is under utilized on this team... and is averaging nearly 14 point on 47% shooting... garnering 7 reb and 2 asst and steal. for a small forward or a power forward that is pretty darn good with a 19% usage rate. Pop him into a situation where his opportunities go up and he is in the low to mid 20's of usage.... and we're now talking bout someone that is definitely worth the money he is being paid and pushing carmelo anthony-ish numbers on better shooting. So YES... he has value.... so there is no way we were going to let him walk and there is also no way they will let him go for pennies on the dollar in a trade. No matter what... we will find something to argue bout when things are going rough.

and yup.... wish chicago was healthy... cuz a pick... taj gibson and something else of value would be great.

i'm gonna reserve judgement and see what our team looks like from next friday and on. Till then... i just wanna see fire in our team... which at times ( a lot of times) we've been lacking. Barely recognized Elf in the 4th quarter of that game. Hope he keeps that ish going.

Return to Orlando Magic